Proposal: Trouba Mega Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Pretty sure Trouba does not care what the Jets get back for him in a trade
He's holding out so he's going to make it easier for you guys to ship him out to any old destination why?
No way he makes this easier for you guys unless he likes the destination he's going to so no way he signs that type of contract without that in place at least

Then. He. Rots.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
He's holding out so he's going to make it easier for you guys to ship him out to any old destination why?
No way he makes this easier for you guys unless he likes the destination he's going to so no way he signs that type of contract without that in place at least

Is that a serious question? :laugh:

He's making exactly $0 a week right now.

That might have something to do with it.

Him leaving is exactly what he wants so why would he not do everything in his power to get what he wants.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I can't imagine how tiresome this thread is for Jets fans.

I also have trouble grasping how they think forcing a guy back into that locker room who clearly wants out is how you run a team. It was fine with Kane because the Jets sucked anyway, but I didn't think that was the goal now.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Hope the Jets just let him sit. If he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg then he can go to the KHL imo. It's a privilege to play in the NHL and make millions, he can choose where he wants to play when he's a UFA.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

Pretty sure the Jets do not really care what Trouba wants. They want want is best for the Jets. If he wants to play hockey, he will eventually do so on the Jet's terms. His opportunity to get a long term well paying deal with the Jets evaporated when his agent went public with the trade request.

If he does not want to play by the Jet's rules, then he will sit at home and miss the entire season.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

I also have trouble grasping how they think forcing a guy back into that locker room who clearly wants out is how you run a team. It was fine with Kane because the Jets sucked anyway, but I didn't think that was the goal now.

Well it is either that or he sits at home until he is 27. He would not be the first player who asked for a trade and ends up staying with a team in the end. It really comes down to principal, you cannot allow a RFA the rights of a UFA or the whole system collapses not just for Winnipeg, but for all the other teams as well

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

And once again, that goes both ways. Chevy doesn't give a damn about what Trouba wants. Chevy isn't using his best trade chip if the deal makes no sense. And as long as Trouba isn't signed, those deals are not easy to come by. Both sides are doing the absolute right thing for themselves, but because of that, neither side is achieving anything, and neither should blink first. However, one of the sides has used every single bit of its leverage, while the other will always have some more, even though time may or may not be on its side.

Personally, I don't want to see Trouba play with the Jets. He doesn't want to be here, so he has nothing to offer on the ice. The two last things Chevy should do are a) take a bad deal for Trouba, and b) sign him and let him do what Turris did, which was deliberately playing like a POS. That's just pathetic. I'm pretty confident that having Trouba in the lineup would literally cause just that. He can't get out any other way, so actively harming your own team, as incredibly weak and shameful it would be, could give him a chance. It's much better to just let him rot and not take risks.

Trouba chose to give up some money, so let's not rush things at all. By the way, he has now lost about 140 thousand dollars. Only time will tell how long is he willing to watch that number go up... and up... and up. As long as better options aren't coming up, I am glad to see him suffer.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

How could someone be more right... I don't even know. Trouba isn't a part of the team, he's a trading chip.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
How could someone be more right... I don't even know. Trouba isn't a part of the team, he's a trading chip.

He's a trade chip that is far far more valuable when it is under contract. Hence the hold up with the trade

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I still don't see that happening.

You give him all the power if you sign him to a bridge contract.

-Signs 2 year contract
-Goes to arbitration the year after and is awarded a 1 year contract.
-Becomes a UFA at age 25

That's not a scenario I would enjoy.

I could be wrong, but he's not a UFA til 26. He didn't sign with us til his 19 year old year. Needs 7 years of service and he's only put in 3.

A one or two year bridge deal works perfect because we will know what he is for better or for worse and still have two years of control.

If he wants to sign a 4 year 16 million deal he can be a UFA and on his way to wherever he desires in less than 4 years. Food for thought.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Personally, I don't mind reasonable offers, even value ones that doesn't meet our needs....at least people are trying. The ones that are tiresome are those that offer 25 or 50 cents on the dollar b/c they believe we're not going to get better offers b/c our player requested a traded. The other ones that are bad are the ones who know less then 50% of the facts and know even less about the organization or its philosophy.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I could be wrong, but he's not a UFA til 26. He didn't sign with us til his 19 year old year. Needs 7 years of service and he's only put in 3.

A one or two year bridge deal works perfect because we will know what he is for better or for worse and still have two years of control.

If he wants to sign a 4 year 16 million deal he can be a UFA and on his way to wherever he desires in less than 4 years. Food for thought.

I thought UFA was either 27 or first 3 contracts.

ELC -> 2 year contract -> 1 year through arbitration = UFA.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Is that a serious question? :laugh:

He's making exactly $0 a week right now.

That might have something to do with it.

Him leaving is exactly what he wants so why would he not do everything in his power to get what he wants.

He knew before this he was probably going to lose money but did it anyway
So my question stands
Why is he signing a cheap cost controlled long contract so that the Jets can just move him anywhere they like?
He may make this easier if he goes to a team he likes but why do that to end up in any old place?
May as well just sign long term with the Jets if he does not care where he goes

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Couldn't care less about the opinions of the Jets fanbase. I've read enough of their opinions on this thread and previous Trouba threads to not value them at all.

My post was more directed towards Leafs and Ducks fans.

LOL so by that logic you can propose a second round pick for McDavid, and because you don't care what Oilers fans think everyone is happy with the trade!

Also why on earth bring TO in? Unless you buy the stuff about usage he doesn't want to play in Canada, and if you study your geography you'll find that Toronto is in Canada.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth

This was so very true long ago and this stand off is for every NHL team try not to get bent from all future players with hold outs.

Bait and nothing but.
yCNPIh8.jpg

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
This will play out like Turris. Trouba will sign, then get traded shortly afterwards. Just hope we get something back that's better than Rundblad.

Probably not shortly after. He's a much bigger piece than Turris was when he was traded. Likely too big to move unless it's at the draft.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lots of shoppers, not going cheap. Someone is going to pay until it hurts. Love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad