Confirmed with Link: Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
-I honestly thought Pelletier wasn't playing until I heard his name about halfway through the game, he got a partial break in the 3rd though.
Which is weird, because I couldn't help but notice that Pellettier was constantly in on the forecheck. I know that's not everything, but it does show that he'll likely transition fairly well to the NHL. Works on his offense a bit, and he'll become what we were all hoping Klimchuk could be (A Glencross style middle sixer)

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Haven't watched any training camp. Has Mangiapane played on a line with Gaudreau yet? He's got a great one timer and he scores goals very similarly to Monahan. If those two could develop chemistry like that we could put a 2way C between them and maybe our top line wouldn't get caved as much.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
If those two could develop chemistry like that we could put a 2way C between them and maybe our top line wouldn't get caved as much.
It's looking like our top line is Tkachuk-Lindholm-Dube

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
It's looking like our top line is Tkachuk-Lindholm-Dube
Dirty, I'm assuming line 2 will be Gaudreau - Monahan - Simon then from what I'm reading bumping Mang to line 3. I know Ward said he wanted to get Mangiapane some more special teams play so maybe we will see him with Gaudreau on the PP but I bet he winds up PP2.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Dirty, I'm assuming line 2 will be Gaudreau - Monahan - Simon then from what I'm reading bumping Mang to line 3. I know Ward said he wanted to get Mangiapane some more special teams play so maybe we will see him with Gaudreau on the PP but I bet he winds up PP2.
PP2 I believe is where he's been playing in training camp.

PP1 is Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau-Lindholm-Andersson

PP2 is Backlund-Dube-Mangiapane-Lucic-Gio

Mangi is also paired with Bennett on the PK through camp as well

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Mangi was at least our 3rd best forward last night, maybe our most dangerous. Its just a scrimmage but solely based on last night's play, the third line should be Mangi-Bennett-Ryan

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I haven't even heard his name mentioned since they signed him to the PTO but what's going on with Brett Richie? Is he a candidate for the taxi squad? I don't see any room on the main team for him at all.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I haven't even heard his name mentioned since they signed him to the PTO but what's going on with Brett Richie? Is he a candidate for the taxi squad? I don't see any room on the main team for him at all.
He hit Valimaki once, I didn't like that. Outside of that, there's little doubt why he's on a PTO. He was never here for a roster spot. I mean its not a real tough team, outside of Lucic. Not many guys you want to see scrapping and definitely no one that should be tangling with heavyweights. He might be worth having on the taxi squad for that reason alone.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

There's talk that the waiver moves were to sign him so he'll be part of the taxi squad.
Last night the colour guy was musing about who he thinks are three surefire Taxi Squad people, Ritchie, Domingue and Stone.

With how many games we will be playing Edmonton, we will need some extra nuclear power.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He hit Valimaki once, I didn't like that. Outside of that, there's little doubt why he's on a PTO. He was never here for a roster spot. I mean its not a real tough team, outside of Lucic. Not many guys you want to see scrapping and definitely no one that should be tangling with heavyweights. He might be worth having on the taxi squad for that reason alone.

Surprise he can catch valimaki

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Perry is completely done. Ritchie is quite a bit tougher and might even be a better skater, at this point.

Umm. At league minimum, Perry is not done. He was surprisingly pretty effective last season with the Stars. Based on the showing so far, I'd wonder if he'd be on par with Leivo, but IMO Leivo has a higher ceiling if his knee injury doesn't hold him back from being an effective player.

Given they both have now cleared, we wait and see if maybe the Flames sign another contract. As it was one of the speculated reasons for waiving Ryan.

Get itchy for Ritchie? :naughty:

Reactions: Nanuuk

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Not worth the risk. Treliving will have all the regrets....
I think it was risky about Kylington. Teams like him a lot (rumour has it the Bruins have asked about him before) but those interested are too pressed for space to fit him in because they don't know enough about him - he's played like 80 professional games in 2 seasons. Two of the guys that got claimed have previous history with the organization, one is Sbisa who is the Curtis McElhinney of Dmen, and then some random tweener.

The payoff is great for Treliving though.

Best outcome: Oilers lose a respectable third-stringer in Forsberg and now have to pray Mike Smith isn't an .890 goalie

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Umm. At league minimum, Perry is not done. He was surprisingly pretty effective last season with the Stars. Based on the showing so far, I'd wonder if he'd be on par with Leivo, but IMO Leivo has a higher ceiling if his knee injury doesn't hold him back from being an effective player.

Get itchy for Ritchie? :naughty:
Neither of them do, what Ritchie would be here to do, nearly as well.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think it was risky about Kylington. Teams like him a lot (rumour has it the Bruins have asked about him before) but those interested are too pressed for space to fit him in because they don't know enough about him - he's played like 80 professional games in 2 seasons. Two of the guys that got claimed have previous history with the organization, one is Sbisa who is the Curtis McElhinney of Dmen, and then some random tweener.

The payoff is great for Treliving though.

Best outcome: Oilers lose a respectable third-stringer in Forsberg and now have to pray Mike Smith isn't an .890 goalie

I forgot :sarcasm: smiley.

IMO, Treliving is looking at the situation and considers he has a 90% chance of success so he makes the move. This is IMO what he did with Kylington and Ryan. This is an extension of him trading down twice and nabbing Zary. It's not pure prayer of a gamble. It's a calculated risk (high chance of success, low, but not zero chance of failure) with quite a bit of reward if successful.

Reactions: Mitts

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Phew, dodged a bullet. Thankfully, as idiotic as our GM, he's only average in intelligence relative to every other GM.
That's a pretty despicable thing to say, whether you agree with his moves or not he works his ass off trying to make this team better and has made far more positive moves than negative ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad