Trades you’d try to make in the off season for Detroit.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
…and how many assists?

Since entering the league Huberdeau is averaging 51 assists per year.

Outside of the age difference Huberdeau is as good or better than Tkachuk.
He'd be centered by Copp/Larkin, not Barkov, though this yr. he played with both top6 C's in FL iirc.

Again, 29.5 @ start of season. = yuck

Upcoming Big $ & term = Nope

$ & term based on past production = Buyer beware.

party boy rep (on a school night)? = not in SY's house. (Dach!) lol

not a goal scorer.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I would rather watch Lindstrom over Oesterle or Walman. Lindstrom is RHD, Wallinder/Johansson are both LHD. They both need time in GR anyways. Worst case, Lindstrom is a cheap 7th D, no reason to dump him. He'd be a lot more effective if he could add some bulk and at least get to 200 lbs.

This might be Zadina's last season though. He needs to take a HUGE step forward this offseason if he expects to be part of the future.

You shouldn't be watching any of them with the assumed signing of Klingberg. Idk if you just caught bits/pieces of what's been said but here's the defesne:
Ben Chiarot John Klingberg
Simon Edvisson – Moritz Seider
Ollie Matta – Filip Hronek

* Jordan Osterle, LHD
* Mark Pysyk, RHD

*Klingberg/Sieder/Hronek/Pysyk would be here for the year on the right side and next season you can worry about a depth RHD. Pick one up literally any day of the week. ( You'll have to resign Lindstrom next year anyways even if he isn't moved or whatever and he'll be 25. )

* Poster mentioned why no Zadina/Lindstrom on the roster and I said idk what to do with them honestly, idk if they deserve spots, they'll get picked up on waivers, and so... idk maybe a small low-net trade is better than nothing? Idk, I just really don't think they deserve spots on the roster. Touche to anyone who does, but if they flop this is about the last chance to milk any value out in a trade.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You shouldn't be watching any of them with the assumed signing of Klingberg. Idk if you just caught bits/pieces of what's been said but here's the defesne:
Ben Chiarot John Klingberg
Simon Edvisson – Moritz Seider
Ollie Matta – Filip Hronek

* Jordan Osterle, LHD
* Mark Pysyk, RHD

*Klingberg/Sieder/Hronek/Pysyk would be here for the year on the right side and next season you can worry about a depth RHD. Pick one up literally any day of the week. ( You'll have to resign Lindstrom next year anyways even if he isn't moved or whatever and he'll be 25. )

* Poster mentioned why no Zadina/Lindstrom on the roster and I said idk what to do with them honestly, idk if they deserve spots, they'll get picked up on waivers, and so... idk maybe a small low-net trade is better than nothing? Idk, I just really don't think they deserve spots on the roster. Touche to anyone who does, but if they flop this is about the last chance to milk any value out in a trade.
Let me rephrase that then, I don't want to see Oesterle on the roster at all, lol. Hronek can play either side, I'd rather keep Pysyk and Lindstrom.

Hronek playing LHD > Oesterle touching the ice

Moot point since the possibility of signing Klingberg is very low.

Reactions: Snuggs

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think Huberdeau is going to age pretty well. But man, that next contract negotiation for Calgary could easily go south.
Monahan and Lucic's contracts end after this season, they have a ton of cap space to re-sign both players. FLA did not, so this is a deal that could work out for both parties.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
29yo+ playmaking W coming off career season & wants to get paid.

We'd be paying for his decline & past stats. He's a 60-70pt+? guy w/Copp as his C.

10yrs in league, 198 goals, wow. 2 exactly 30g seasons.

Copp must really suck if Sam Bennett's that much better

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Huh? He was great on the PP one year, that is pretty much all. He hasn't been nearly the player you thought he would be come that time of year. I like Huberdeau a lot, used to say I thought that he was Lafreniere best comparable entering the league. There are also rumors of hitting up strip clubs the evenings before games on their way to flaming out to their instate rivals. A huge part of this is a cultural change.
I used to like Huberdeau a lot. Now I love him.

Reactions: Frk It

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Let me rephrase that then, I don't want to see Oesterle on the roster at all, lol. Hronek can play either side, I'd rather keep Pysyk and Lindstrom.

Hronek playing LHD > Oesterle touching the ice

Moot point since the possibility of signing Klingberg is very low.
Let Hronek be on right side and put Seider on hard place to get some taste on the left.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
People running down Huberdeau's playoff performance should have watched more Calgary playoff games this year. Gaudrea caught shit for his production dropping off come playoffs, but, having watched many of their games, Johnny looked dangerous throughout and was creating plenty of scoring opportunities. Tkachuk was the one on that team that had me shaking my head and expecting more. You would think that style of player would be well suited for the playoffs, but other than taking some bad penalties and trying to fight smaller players, he just didn't seem that effective to me.

In regards to the trade, I can see why both teams would do it, Florida giving term to a younger player was wise and Calgary can do lots with Hubie if an extension doesn't materialize. Getting Weegar is so much gravy in my mind; he's, rightfully, getting some shit for having a bad playoffs, but he and Ekblad are a rock solid first pairing and his absence is going to hurt. I know I've grown to dislike him immensely because he always seems to be a pain in the Wing's ass.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
When Seider will face M.Tkachuk, I'd like to see this:

1658688710960.png

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
BTW,

why do we play only 3 times against the Panthers at next season? 2 home games, only 1 road game.

I always thought inside division you have 4 games as a lock.

It seems to be;

Tampa Bay - 4 games
Toronto - 4 games
Florida - 3 games (1 road game)
Boston - 3 games (1 home game)
Ottawa - 4 games
Buffalo - 4 games
Montreal - 4 games

Last edited:

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
BTW,

why do we play only 3 times against the Panthers at next season? 2 home games, only 1 road game.

I always thought inside division you have 4 games as a lock.

It seems to be;

Tampa Bay - 4 games
Toronto - 4 games
Florida - 3 games (1 road game)
Boston - 3 games (1 home game)
Ottawa - 4 games
Buffalo - 4 games
Montreal - 4 games
Sometimes it's 3 and sometimes it's 4, depending on the year, last season Wings only played the Bolts 3 times, I think.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
This might be a little bit off the rails, but since we're on the back of a wild trade, what would you guys think about:

FLA receives: Sebastian Cossa, Alex Nedeljkovic (50% retained)
DET receives: Spencer Knight, Patrik Hornqvist

Florida would get immediate cap relief and a goaltending prospect who better lines up with the end of the Bobrovsky deal. Detroit gets a more proven young goaltender.

Might be way off target but figured I'd toss it out there.

You shut your mouth.

E: I’ll be more eloquent in the evaluation. We could probably take Hornqvist for free with a pick attached.

I’d put Cossa and knight in the same realm of G prospect. So we’re taking what you could maybe consider as a 1 for 1 and adding Ned at 50% and whatever pick we could get back with Horny to Detroit’s side.

This helps Florida and does, at best, nothing to help Detroit

Last edited:

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
While I doubt it because Lou seems a bit senile, if the Islanders start to look to rebuild a bit, I wouldn’t be opposed to dealing for Barzal. Even with Copp, I think our biggest need is another elite center and feel we have a lot of assets to utilize to turn into desirable pieces for a rebuild. This becomes easier if we get confirmation that Klingberg is willing to sign, hopefully for no more than 4 years (4 x 7.25?)

Maybe something like

Precursor Trade 1
Wings send Hronek and St Louis 2nd to Vancouver for their first, top 10 protected.

We then package our two firsts (with ours being top 15 protected as well) one of Zadina/Berggren and either Wallinder or another second for Barzal. Sign Klingberg and trade Erne for nothing to a team that needs a body.

Overall we give
Hronek
our First
our st louis 2nd,
one of Zadina/Berggren (superfluous imo)
And another above average sweetener

For

Barzal and Klingberg.

Bert-Larkin- Raymond
Vrana-Barzal-Perron
Kubalik-Copp-Zadina/Berggren
Rasmussen-Suter-Sundqvist
Fabbri IR Veleno provide good versataile plug ins when injuries arise.

Chiraot-Seider
Maatta - Klingberg
Edvinsson -Lindstrom
Pyskk

Husso/Ned.

We’d give up a lot but I think this pickup would allow us to immediately jump into contention as well as unclog the asset tree. To be frank, we have too many good prospects coming in so I want to package some for some top tier talent, we literally do not have room for all of them and this allows us to cut a bit from the generation in the middle of the two core age groups, allowing us more ELCs when Raymond and Seider make big money

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
While I doubt it because Lou seems a bit senile, if the Islanders start to look to rebuild a bit, I wouldn’t be opposed to dealing for Barzal. This becomes easier if we get confirmation that Klingberg is willing to sign, hopefully for less than 4 years (4 x 7.25?)

Maybe something like

Precursor Trade 1
Wings send Hronek and St Louis 2nd to Vancouver for their first, top 10 protected.

We then package our two firsts (with ours being top 15 protected as well) one of Zadina/Berggren and either Wallinder or another second for Barzal. Sign Klingberg and trade Erne for nothing to a team that needs a body.

Overall we give
Hronek
our First
our st louis 2nd,
one of Zadina/Berggren (superfluous imo)
And another above average sweetener

For

Barzal and Klingberg.

Bert-Larkin- Raymond
Vrana-Barzal-Perron
Kubalik-Copp-Zadina/Berggren
Rasmussen-Suter-Sundqvist
Fabbri IR Veleno provide good versataile plug ins when injuries arise.

Chiraot-Seider
Maatta - Klingberg
Edvinsson -Lindstrom
Pyskk

Husso/Ned.

We’d give up a lot but I think this pickup would allow us to immediately jump into contention as well as unclog the asset tree. To be frank, we have too many good prospects coming in so I want to package some for some top tier talent, we literally do not have room for all of them and this allows us to cut a bit from the generation in the middle of the two core age groups, allowing us more ELCs when Raymond and Seider make big money

Way too many protections on the picks and I don’t think the added prospects or lower level NHL players actually add much to the deal.

And if Vancouver would do that trade with you… they’d probably rather trade a 2nd with their player to someone else and just sign Klingberg themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad