Trades you’d try to make in the off season for Detroit.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
A
Way too many protections on the picks and I don’t think the added prospects or lower level NHL players actually add much to the deal.

And if Vancouver would do that trade with you… they’d probably rather trade a 2nd with their player to someone else and just sign Klingberg themselves.
Agreed it may be a bit ambitious, but also please consider two things

1) the Islanders just traded the 13th for Romanov. Yzerman is a good GM. Good GMs call bad GMs often.

2) Klingberg would have to willingly sign in Vancouver and while it’s obviously a beautiful city the team seems to have inner turmoil + terrible taxes. Obviously we have no concrete idea if he wants to come to Detroit too, but Marek/Friedman seemed to be speaking like there was mutual interest even if nothing is imminent. I actually would not be surprised at all if Klingberg is just waiting for Hronek to be traded.

Just something to consider, you may be right and we get laughed out of the room, but I can dream lol.

Last edited:

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
While I doubt it because Lou seems a bit senile, if the Islanders start to look to rebuild a bit, I wouldn’t be opposed to dealing for Barzal. Even with Copp, I think our biggest need is another elite center and feel we have a lot of assets to utilize to turn into desirable pieces for a rebuild. This becomes easier if we get confirmation that Klingberg is willing to sign, hopefully for no more than 4 years (4 x 7.25?)

Maybe something like

Precursor Trade 1
Wings send Hronek and St Louis 2nd to Vancouver for their first, top 10 protected.

We then package our two firsts (with ours being top 15 protected as well) one of Zadina/Berggren and either Wallinder or another second for Barzal. Sign Klingberg and trade Erne for nothing to a team that needs a body.

Overall we give
Hronek
our First
our st louis 2nd,
one of Zadina/Berggren (superfluous imo)
And another above average sweetener

For

Barzal and Klingberg.

Bert-Larkin- Raymond
Vrana-Barzal-Perron
Kubalik-Copp-Zadina/Berggren
Rasmussen-Suter-Sundqvist
Fabbri IR Veleno provide good versataile plug ins when injuries arise.

Chiraot-Seider
Maatta - Klingberg
Edvinsson -Lindstrom
Pyskk

Husso/Ned.

We’d give up a lot but I think this pickup would allow us to immediately jump into contention as well as unclog the asset tree. To be frank, we have too many good prospects coming in so I want to package some for some top tier talent, we literally do not have room for all of them and this allows us to cut a bit from the generation in the middle of the two core age groups, allowing us more ELCs when Raymond and Seider make big money
How about we let that "top tier talent" develop and serve out their ELCs instead?
Beats the hell out of unrealistic wasting of draft capital and assets.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
How about we let that "top tier talent" develop and serve out their ELCs instead?
Beats the hell out of unrealistic wasting of draft capital and assets.
There is a very real chance we do not have a single forward asset in the system outside of Raymond who will ever be even 80% as good as Barzal and we have a finite amount of roster spots. I’m just suggesting we may have too much Quantity and not enough true game breakers.

Additionally, the elc thing was my whole point, trim the 21-24 year old players who are about to start demanding more money and replace them with younger players who will still be on ELCs by the time we need the cap space in 2-3 years. Allows guys like Soderblom to be timed as natural replacements for the Kubaliks and Perrons of the roster instead of having people like Zadina on 3 year 2 million aav deals

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
There is a very real chance we do not have a single forward asset in the system outside of Raymond who will ever be even 80% as good as Barzal and we have a finite amount of roster spots. I’m just suggesting we may have too much Quantity and not enough true game breakers.

Additionally, the elc thing was my whole point, trim the 21-24 year old players who are about to start demanding more money and replace them with younger players who will still be on ELCs by the time we need the cap space in 2-3 years. Allows guys like Soderblom to be timed as natural replacements for the Kubaliks and Perrons of the roster instead of having people like Zadina on 3 year 2 million aav deals
You've suggested:
"
Wings send Hronek and St Louis 2nd to Vancouver for their first, top 10 protected.

We then package our two firsts (with ours being top 15 protected as well) one of Zadina/Berggren and either Wallinder or another second for Barzal. Sign Klingberg and trade Erne for nothing to a team that needs a body.

Overall we give
Hronek
our First
our st louis 2nd,

For

Barzal and Klingberg. "

---------------------------
The only 2 in the 21-24 group that you're "exchanging" for the ELC age group are Hronek & Zadina/Berg. & then traded them for an Older Barzal ?!

WW is a keeper imo, would rather add the StL. 2nd instead.

I'd love to add Barzal and he's up there with Lundell (obviously costs more probably) of pieces I'd hope we could acquire/ideal world scenario. But it somewhat contradicts at least part of your reasoning, by literally swapping younger for older.

For the record I'd do that to get Barzal, even if it meant our team avg. got older & we lost 1 of Zadina/Berg., + Hronek.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
You shut your mouth.

E: I’ll be more eloquent in the evaluation. We could probably take Hornqvist for free with a pick attached.

I’d put Cossa and knight in the same realm of G prospect. So we’re taking what you could maybe consider as a 1 for 1 and adding Ned at 50% and whatever pick we could get back with Horny to Detroit’s side.

This helps Florida and does, at best, nothing to help Detroit

That's fair.

I like Cossa a lot, but I think Knight is significantly far ahead and I think most neutrals would agree.

I don't think the deal is very realistic, but I think the value is good for us.

I think it would cost roughly a first round pick to dump Hornqvist's salary. I think Nedeljkovic is worth around a 3rd, and with Knight coming in there wouldn't be room for Ned. So to me it's weaponizing our cap space to bring in the better young goaltender, but I get that not everyone will view it that way.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
That's fair.

I like Cossa a lot, but I think Knight is significantly far ahead and I think most neutrals would agree.

I think it would cost roughly a first round pick to dump Hornqvist's salary. I think Nedeljkovic is worth around a 3rd, and with Knight coming in there wouldn't be room for Ned. So to me it's weaponizing our cap space to bring in the better young goaltender, but I get that not everyone will view it that way.
How in the hell is this "good value" for us when Hornquist alone should bring you a good sweetener pick, and Spencer Knight is not even a starter over the 100 years old Bob in Florida?

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
How in the hell is this "good value" for us when Hornquist alone should bring you a good sweetener pick, and Spencer Knight is not even a starter over the 100 years old Bob in Florida?

Yeah great point, the kid who just turned 21 must suck because he's not starting over the guy in the 10 million dollar suit.

1658701919857.png

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
You've suggested:
"

Overall we give
Hronek
our First
our st louis 2nd,

For

Barzal and Klingberg. "

---------------------------
The only 2 in the 21-24 group that you're "exchanging" for the ELC age group are Hronek & Zadina/Berg. & then traded them for an Older Barzal ?!

WW is a keeper imo, would rather add the StL. 2nd instead.

I'd love to add Barzal and he's up there with Lundell (obviously costs more probably) of pieces I'd hope we could acquire/ideal world scenario. But it somewhat contradicts at least part of your reasoning, by literally swapping younger for older.

For the record I'd do that to get Barzal, even if it meant our team avg. got older & we lost 1 of Zadina/Berg., + Hronek.
No, it really doesn’t, but perhaps I stated it a bit improperly… I think it’s better to have one core around the Larkin/Barzal age group that has seemingly been developed and added to this offseason. After that age range we have the Hronek/Zadina/Rasmussen/Veleno
/Lindstrom aged tier group, essentially Holland’s leftovers, all of whom are either on or soon to be entering their bridge deals. The reason I did not include Berggren is due to his contract status and having 3 years of ELC left. I am looking to move away/trim some capital from that age group for two reasons

1) While I think a lot of the guys listed there could be NHLers, I don’t think any of them will develop into anything high end.

2) as stated most of these guys are entering their bridge deals, ones that will coincide with our return to relevancy in 2-3 years. Personally, when Raymond and Seider are making a combined 18 mil, I’d rather have Soderblom making ELC than Rasmussen making 1.5, and rather have room for Wallinder on an ELC than Lindstrom making 2 million.

My suggestion would be to remove a lot of the players from the “no man’s land” age range to upgrade what we have now while also clearing room for the Kasper/Soderblom/AJ/Wallinder generation. The reason for this is I believe Yzerman’s picks are not only going to be noticeably better than Holland’s but also more in line timeline wise to give us flexibility once Seider/Raymond are due for their huge raises. It’s the same reason I actually would not mind limiting Edvinsson’s games to 9 to delay his next contract; gives us another year of flexibility.

Essentially, I want to space out what I find to be superfluous and soon to be obsolete young talent for a more proven commodity/ higher quality player now and more flexibility later when we’ll need it. Given Barzal’s age range, he’d fit in well with the first phase that would both allow us to take a step as soon as this season while also allowing for a more insulated enviorment for the youth that will actually matter. Not saying we should get rid of all of them, just that we can deal from a position of current abundance on players who likely will be phased out anyways when better players with ELCs become available. Again, we have a finite amount of room. Might as well consolidate a lot of pieces for something good when we know we have ample replacements on the way. Imo trading for Barzal not only improves us now, but also will allow more natural paths for our new, better, wave of youth to take over.

Basically, it would give us a better balance of quality ELCs with better vet talent to guide them. I beliebe this not only allows us to compete sooner, but also more sustainably in the next 4-5 years.

Again, even if Soderblom (just a random example) disappoints and only develops to how good Rasmussen is now, when cap space is actually needed and we’re a real contender would you rather have Elmer making 850k or Rasmussen likely making 1.5-2? It may not seem like much but doing that 2-3 more times could allow us one more quality player for a run. I’m not saying gut them all, but we could stand to trim the fat per se.

We only have a finite amount of spots and cup winning teams generally need a solid group of high level vets supported by a few star level players on ELCs. If the players we hope to pan out, pan out, we’re going to have to move some assets anyways. I’d rather get something good now to kickstart us than deal with this when teams know we are overcrowded.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That's fair.

Really though, I don’t think “further ahead” is actually the asset for us that you are predicating this trade on. The Wings best asset is time and patience. They don’t need a guy like Knight next year. And I don’t think a reasonable freight to “transform Cossa in Knight” is a 1st and 3rd.

I understand what your goal is… I just think Cossa and Knight are the same level of prospect and we don’t actually need that goalie to be here a year sooner. If we had Knight and they had Cossa, I’d say the same thing

So to summarize, in terms of value, I would probably not want to swap Knight or Cossa for the other 1 for 1. I would certainly not add pretty significant assets to do so

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Really though, I don’t think “further ahead” is actually the asset for us that you are predicating this trade on. The Wings best asset is time and patience. They don’t need a guy like Knight next year. And I don’t think a reasonable freight to “transform Cossa in Knight” is a 1st and 3rd.

I understand what your goal is… I just think Cossa and Knight are the same level of prospect and we don’t actually need that goalie to be here a year sooner. If we had Knight and they had Cossa, I’d say the same thing

When I say further ahead I'm not really referring to timeline, although that is true as well.

Knight had a stronger pre-draft pedigree than Cossa. He had two great years at Boston College and a lights out gold medal performance at the WJC, then followed that up with a .908% (Bobrovsky, for comparison, was .913) as a 20/21 year old in the NHL.

Cossa is one of the best goalie prospects out there but Knight is certainly the more valuable asset and comes with considerably less risk. I don't think a year of Hornqvist and Ned's departure would be a bad price to make that upgrade.

Edit: more simply I think Spencer Knight is as close to a lock for a franchise goaltender as a 21 year old can be, and I think this is a price that wouldn't hurt us. I don't think it would realistically happen, but I'd be thrilled if we could bring in Knight without really giving up anything that stings.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
When I say further ahead I'm not really referring to timeline, although that is true as well.

Knight had a stronger pre-draft pedigree than Cossa. He had two great years at Boston College and a lights out gold medal performance at the WJC, then followed that up with a .908% (Bobrovsky, for comparison, was .913) as a 20/21 year old in the NHL.

Cossa is one of the best goalie prospects out there but Knight is certainly the more valuable asset and comes with considerably less risk. I don't think a year of Hornqvist and Ned's departure would be a bad price to make that upgrade.

Think we just won’t agree then. I can understand if you think Knight is significantly better. I don’t share that opinion, but it’s not entirely unfounded because of what you said. I’m just, as my name states, very high on Cossa.

And also, unless the goalie is Luongo, Price, Vasy proven level, I’m not paying through the nose for him.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No, it really doesn’t, but perhaps I stated it a bit improperly… I think it’s better to have one core around the Larkin/Barzal age group that has seemingly been developed and added to this offseason. After that age range we have the Hronek/Zadina/Rasmussen/Veleno
/Lindstrom aged tier group, essentially Holland’s leftovers, all of whom are either on or soon to be entering their bridge deals. The reason I did not include Berggren is due to his contract status and having 3 years of ELC left. I am looking to move away/trim some capital from that age group for two reasons

1) While I think a lot of the guys listed there could be NHLers, I don’t think any of them will develop into anything high end.

2) as stated most of these guys are entering their bridge deals, ones that will coincide with our return to relevancy in 2-3 years. Personally, when Raymond and Seider are making a combined 18 mil, I’d rather have Soderblom making ELC than Rasmussen making 1.5, and rather have room for Wallinder on an ELC than Lindstrom making 2 million.

My suggestion would be to remove a lot of the players from the “no man’s land” age range to upgrade what we have now while also clearing room for the Kasper/Soderblom/AJ/Wallinder generation. The reason for this is I believe Yzerman’s picks are not only going to be noticeably better than Holland’s but also more in line timeline wise to give us flexibility once Seider/Raymond are due for their huge raises. It’s the same reason I actually would not mind limiting Edvinsson’s games to 9 to delay his next contract; gives us another year of flexibility.

Essentially, I want to space out what I find to be superfluous and soon to be obsolete young talent for a more proven commodity/ higher quality player now and more flexibility later when we’ll need it. Given Barzal’s age range, he’d fit in well with the first phase that would both allow us to take a step as soon as this season while also allowing for a more insulated enviorment for the youth that will actually matter. Not saying we should get rid of all of them, just that we can deal from a position of current abundance on players who likely will be phased out anyways when better players with ELCs become available. Again, we have a finite amount of room. Might as well consolidate a lot of pieces for something good when we know we have ample replacements on the way. Imo trading for Barzal not only improves us now, but also will allow more natural paths for our new, better, wave of youth to take over.

Basically, it would give us a better balance of quality ELCs with better vet talent to guide them. I beliebe this not only allows us to compete sooner, but also more sustainably in the next 4-5 years.

Again, even if Soderblom (just a random example) disappoints and only develops to how good Rasmussen is now, when cap space is actually needed and we’re a real contender would you rather have Elmer making 850k or Rasmussen likely making 1.5-2? It may not seem like much but doing that 2-3 more times could allow us one more quality player for a run. I’m not saying gut them all, but we could stand to trim the fat per se.

We only have a finite amount of spots and cup winning teams generally need a solid group of high level vets supported by a few star level players on ELCs. If the players we hope to pan out, pan out, we’re going to have to move some assets anyways. I’d rather get something good now to kickstart us than deal with this when teams know we are overcrowded.
100% against having Ed in GR this season, or 9gp as you suggest, though I understand why. Our window will be open sooner than some think & the kids need their reps on D. Ed-'22 AlJo-mid'22/TDL/'23start WW-'23start/TDL

In premise I agree with the rest, however the Ras/Veleno/Zadina 21-24 group has minimal trade value, they're only here long enough to either improve/grow & get traded, or simply let go once Soderblom/Berg & co. arrive. Same for WW & AlJo. Hronek has decent trade value. The McIsaac/Viro/Sebrango group is the filler group, unless 1 "grabs the cheese" as a #5-#8D.

So if we can find some deals that make sense for our surplus of mediocre w/upside players, by all means, go for it. I'm thinking the AZ/SEA/even MTL & CHI/other cellar dwellers that just need an NHL caliber bottom #7-14F / bottom #5-#8D.

Last edited:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
what about the vet limit of 4 iirc in GR if Erne isn't picked up
There is no limit of vets on a team, only the number who can play in a game.

The rule states "Teams can only dress a maximum of five veteran players (goaltenders not included) in a game". The Grifs had 7 vets one year IIRC, but obviously it's not a great situation

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
100% against having Ed in GR this season, or 9gp as you suggest, though I understand why. Our window will be open sooner than some think & the kids need their reps on D. Ed-'22/23 AlJo-mid'22/TDL/'23start WW-'23start/TDL

In premise I agree with the rest, however the Ras/Veleno/Zadina 21-24 group has minimal trade value, they're only here long enough to either improve/grow & get traded, or simply let go once Soderblom/Berg & co. arrive. Same for WW & AlJo. Hronek has decent trade value. The McIsaac/Viro/Sebrango group is the filler group, unless 1 "grabs the chesse" as a #5-#8D.

So if we can find some deals that make sense for our surplus of mediocre w/upside players, by all means, go for it. I'm thinking the AZ/SEA/even MTL & CHI/other cellar dwellers that just need an NHL caliber bottom #7-14F / bottom #5-#8D.
Seattle actually looks OK for forwards especially with the addition of Wright and Beniers, the defensive side needs help but it's not gonna get fixed with warm bodies. They already have that (Schultz & Kempny, lol), and what they need is top end D. As for the cellar dwellers, there's no incentive for any of them to trade for a mild upgrade that can be picked up on waivers.

Any trade proposal involving Hronek needs to take into account the salary cap, VAN isn't going to clear $4.4M of cap space to acquire Hronek. Lots of teams are at the cap, even Seattle is close (though Driedger is LTIR for most of the season).

This team should hold on to guys anyways because GR needs to improve.

Edit: Now that I think of it, Stevie can trade Oesterle to Montreal for a bag of pucks. It would save $1.45M in salary, so they can pay the new zamboni guy or whatever.

I originally said Arizona but apparently they picked up Stecher and Nemeth, lol. I should probably catch up on the free agent signings.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Seattle actually looks OK for forwards especially with the addition of Wright and Beniers, the defensive side needs help but it's not gonna get fixed with warm bodies. They already have that (Schultz & Kempny, lol), and what they need is top end D. As for the cellar dwellers, there's no incentive for any of them to trade for a mild upgrade that can be picked up on waivers.

Any trade proposal involving Hronek needs to take into account the salary cap, VAN isn't going to clear $4.4M of cap space to acquire Hronek. Lots of teams are at the cap, even Seattle is close (though Driedger is LTIR for most of the season).

This team should hold on to guys anyways because GR needs to improve.

Edit: Now that I think of it, Stevie can trade Oesterle to Montreal for a bag of pucks. It would save $1.45M in salary, so they can pay the new zamboni guy or whatever.

I originally said Arizona but apparently they picked up Stecher and Nemeth, lol. I should probably catch up on the free agent signings.
SEA & AZ (especially) are a mess. AZ will have a clearer picture of their trajectory in 1yr from now. That roster screams rebuild a rebuild that started out as a retool. I doubt Hronek would appeal to either in the big picture, but he could be useful as a 40pt. PM-RD bridge if Chych is traded...RD vs. LD, I know. He'd also make SEA's D better, but they're all ~ #4-5dmen, maybe a #6 or two also. There isn't even one Top 3 Dman on either SEA/AZ besides Chych.

SEA player to watch, M.Geekie, exp.draft fodder from CAR.

It's better to give Hronek, Zadina, Ras & Veleno more time w/Gru & Boogieman ...latter 3 values are low, but medium upside. Hronek has medium trade value vs. med.-high upside. Work your magic Coach Gru!

also PITT player to watch, Poehling, medium+ reward, low risk to acquire.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seattle actually looks OK for forwards especially with the addition of Wright and Beniers, the defensive side needs help but it's not gonna get fixed with warm bodies. They already have that (Schultz & Kempny, lol), and what they need is top end D.

They added Burakowsky ans Bjorkstrand which are huge add. As well as Beniers being ready.

I don't think Wright is any kind of factor for few years. Will probably struggle like Lafreniere.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They added Burakowsky ans Bjorkstrand which are huge add. As well as Beniers being ready.

I don't think Wright is any kind of factor for few years. Will probably struggle like Lafreniere.
Yes, they added Bura and Bjork as well. Quite aware of that since they are my local team. that is why I said they are set on forwards. Wright will not struggle as much as Laf because he's NHL size, and wants to "fill the net with pucks" (lol) because he dropped in the draft.

SEA & AZ (especially) are a mess. AZ will have a clearer picture of their trajectory in 1yr from now. That roster screams rebuild a rebuild that started out as a retool. I doubt Hronek would appeal to either in the big picture, but he could be useful as a 40pt. PM-RD bridge if Chych is traded...RD vs. LD, I know. He'd also make SEA's D better, but they're all ~ #4-5dmen, maybe a #6 or two also. There isn't even one Top 3 Dman on either SEA/AZ besides Chych.

SEA player to watch, M.Geekie, exp.draft fodder from CAR.

It's better to give Hronek, Zadina, Ras & Veleno more time w/Gru & Boogieman ...latter 3 values are low, but medium upside. Hronek has medium trade value vs. med.-high upside. Work your magic Coach Gru!

also PITT player to watch, Poehling, medium+ reward, low risk to acquire.
Seattle isn't a mess, but the defense certainly leaves a lot to be desired. The biggest issue they had last season was defensive coverage by the forwards and the goalies. They allowed a stupid amount of 3 on 2 situations, leaving the defense stranded. The biggest improvement they could make is actually firing Hakstol. Even Blash is a better coach. If Gruby can bounce back though the team is middle of the pack and not in the cellar.

As a fan of both teams, I wouldn't want Hronek or Kinberg in Seattle, the team needs 2 way defensemen, a puck mover that can't play defense would probably make the situation worse which is why I hated the Schultz signing. Schultz is a poor man's Hronek.

As for Geekie, he skates well and can shoot hard, but his aim is inconsistent and he doesn't utilize his teammates well. He tries to be a one man show, succeeds every now and then but not good enough to do it on a consistent basis. The team has half a dozen more interesting forwards.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
While I doubt it because Lou seems a bit senile, if the Islanders start to look to rebuild a bit, I wouldn’t be opposed to dealing for Barzal. Even with Copp, I think our biggest need is another elite center and feel we have a lot of assets to utilize to turn into desirable pieces for a rebuild. This becomes easier if we get confirmation that Klingberg is willing to sign, hopefully for no more than 4 years (4 x 7.25?)

Maybe something like

Precursor Trade 1

Overall we give
Hronek
our First
our st louis 2nd,

For

Barzal and Klingberg.

Bert-Larkin- Raymond
Vrana-Barzal-Perron
Kubalik-Copp-Zadina/Berggren
Rasmussen-Suter-Sundqvist
Fabbri IR Veleno provide good versataile plug ins when injuries arise.

Chiraot-Seider
Maatta - Klingberg
Edvinsson -Lindstrom
Pyskk

Husso/Ned.

We’d give up a lot but I think this pickup would allow us to immediately jump into contention as well as unclog the asset tree. To be frank, we have too many good prospects coming in so I want to package some for some top tier talent, we literally do not have room for all of them and this allows us to cut a bit from the generation in the middle of the two core age groups, allowing us more ELCs when Raymond and Seider make big money

That pretty much kills the cap structure for when we need big money for Seider and Raymond. Barzal will want 9 million plus.

I just checked, you're right, lol. I thought Laf was smaller for some reason.

Regardless, I don't see Wright struggling as much though the expectation is third line for him.

Wright is about equal to Laf in terms of skating. That’s probably been Laf’s biggest problem so far. He can’t get that extra step ahead like he did in juniors.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What are the chances of?

1. NYI sign Kadri as this thread tweet suggests

2. LL trades Barzal instead of Nelson/Beauv/Pageau/Bailey

3. LL trades Barzal to DET

4. Barzal's acquisition price is worth it to us for our timeline/fit etc.

Bert (extended) +'22 1st (top2 prot.) + choice of: AlJo/Berggren

+ Zadina(upside longshot) +Suter(cap/C depth) +1 of: McIsaac/Viro/Sebrango

logjam on F&D cleared. bottom6 pieces moved as sweeteners in a quantity for quality (because that's very realisitic in the NHL, per HF)

Vrana-Larkin-Perron
Copp-Barzal-Raymond
Kubalik-Veleno-Fabbri
Soderblom-Ras-SunnyD

call up Pearson as 13th/Fabbri replacement for now.
Erne-GR/waive
Smith-GR

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

EpiK Sandwich

Long time lurker, first time poster
Nov 21, 2020
Columbus, OH
What are the chances of?

logjam on F&D cleared. bottom6 pieces moved as sweeteners in a quantity for quality (because that's very realisitic in the NHL, per HF)

Vrana-Larkin-Perron
Copp-Barzal-Raymond
Kubalik-Veleno-Fabbri
Soderblom-Ras-SunnyD

Erne-GR/waive
Smith-GR

....Hey! What was with all of that one-in-a-million talk?

But.. Barzal would look nice in a Wings jersey.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
What are the chances of?

Vrana-Larkin-Perron
Copp-Barzal-Raymond
Kubalik-Veleno-Fabbri
Soderblom-Ras-SunnyD

Erne-GR/waive
Smith-GR

This team looks good but it just looks wrong to not have our boy bertuzzi, hard to replace him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad