Trades you’d try to make in the off season for Detroit.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
This deal reminds me a lot of the initial reaction to Shanahan for Coffey and Primeau by the way.

You want to get the best player in the deal, especially when the chips are down in the playoffs. Also key is who is the best player moving forward. Florida just did that along with likely a culture change.

It's hard to really explain to people that don't get Panthers games and I do as my local market how different both of the guys they just shipped to Calgary have been regular season versus the playoffs. But it was a massive factor in this move in my opinion. I should say I don't think Weegar is quite as good even regular season as some believe, his is less fall off than exposure in my opinion. He plays harder than most guys in the league on a Tuesday in January, it is one of his strengths.
I watched Tkachuk in the playoffs this year and he was schooled every single time by the Oilers whether or was McDavid, Draisaitl or Kane.

Almost like he wasnt even playing let's be honest

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I watched Tkachuk in the playoffs this year and he was schooled every single time by the Oilers whether or was McDavid, Draisaitl or Kane.

Almost like he wasnt even playing let's be honest
I guess we will see, I know he was hurt the one year in the Dallas series. His game should translate and I believe the marriage you're going to have with him and Barkov is going to be pretty significant. One of the reasons I really wanted him badly in Detroit is what I thought he could do for Larkin and Raymond.

Price was higher than what we had, so in that sense at least we didn't just watch him go for something that hurt as a Wings fan. I like Brady even more in terms of the Tkachuk boys, I like what they bring to a hockey team. I can be told that I overvalue that fine, but I am just massive fans of their games and think they will continue to get better and yes eventually I think they can be legitimate difference makers on deep runs. Stinks having both in division for a long time it would appear.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You seem confused, I was calling you out because you were trying to shut down a conversation by telling us a trade to Detroit would never happen and people were trying to "change reality" by talking about it. Some people like to discuss possibilities even if they aren't 100% likely to happen. You are so full of yourself and blinded by trying to get a W, you don't even realize I never said anything to you about your valuation or salary expectations.
0% chance Stevie would get into a bidding war over an elite player.

The trade ideas were waaaaay off, that's what I was telling people. You were wrong, I was right and now you're insulting me instead of admitting it. I had a better read on the deal than you did, all the spare parts trade ideas were dumb which is why I was shooting it down. You're the one that's confused, show me ONE trade proposal that was even close. There's a reason why I keep saying wet dream.

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Idk, if I trade for anyone at this point. Just sign Klingberg. Figure out what you've got in some prospects and have another fun offseason like this last one.

Red Wings waive F Adam Erne.

Roster: 22 – 23 Red Wings

Tyler Bertuzzi– (C) Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond
Jakub Vrana – Andrew Copp David Perron
Dominik Kubalik
– Pius Suter – Jonatan Berggren
Givani Smith – Michael Rasmussen – Oskar Sundqvist

* Joe Veleno, F
* LTIR Robbie Fabbri, F

Ben Chiarot John Klingberg
Simon Edvisson
– Moritz Seider
Ollie Matta – Filip Hronek

* Jordan Osterle, LHD
* Mark Pysyk, RHD

Alex Nedeljkovic

Ville Husso

Roster looks fun to watch for a year. If Wings aren't in contention there's also a collection of guys who'd be expendable at the TDL.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Idk, if I trade for anyone at this point. Just sign Klingberg. Figure out what you've got in some prospects and have another fun offseason like this last one.

Dominik Kubalik

* Joe Veleno, F
* LTIR Robbie Fabbri, F

Simon Edvisson
– Moritz Seider

* Jordan Osterle, LHD
* Mark Pysyk, RHD

Alex Nedeljkovic

Ville Husso

Roster looks fun to watch for a year. If Wings aren't in contention there's also a collection of guys who'd be expendable at the TDL.
There’s no way Veleno sits while Smith plays. If that’s the case, he might as well go play for Grand Rapids. Seider is a # 1 defenseman. Chiarot-Seider first pair with Edvinsson-Klingberg second pair is much more likely

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
This might be a little bit off the rails, but since we're on the back of a wild trade, what would you guys think about:

FLA receives: Sebastian Cossa, Alex Nedeljkovic (50% retained)
DET receives: Spencer Knight, Patrik Hornqvist

Florida would get immediate cap relief and a goaltending prospect who better lines up with the end of the Bobrovsky deal. Detroit gets a more proven young goaltender.

Might be way off target but figured I'd toss it out there.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
This might be a little bit off the rails, but since we're on the back of a wild trade, what would you guys think about:

FLA receives: Sebastian Cossa, Alex Nedeljkovic (50% retained)
DET receives: Spencer Knight, Patrik Hornqvist

Florida would get immediate cap relief and a goaltending prospect who better lines up with the end of the Bobrovsky deal. Detroit gets a more proven young goaltender.

Might be way off target but figured I'd toss it out there.
I’d really like a dislike button right about now. This deals makes no sense.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I’d really like a dislike button right about now. This deals makes no sense.

That's what I'm here for babayyy

1658597290539.png

Reactions: Macoun

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Dominik Kubalik

* Joe Veleno, F
* LTIR Robbie Fabbri, F

Simon Edvisson
– Moritz Seider

* Jordan Osterle, LHD
* Mark Pysyk, RHD

Alex Nedeljkovic

Ville Husso

you've listed 8D & 13F (including Fabbri-LTIR)

....so are Veleno & Lindstrom in GR?

did you trade Zadina?

what about the vet limit of 4 iirc in GR if Erne isn't picked up (which is likely @ his $/aav)

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Klingberg recently got married I believe. So once he's recovered from honeymooning and hangovers, he might sign a contract somewhere!

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
you've listed 8D & 13F (including Fabbri-LTIR)

....so are Veleno & Lindstrom in GR?

did you trade Zadina?

what about the vet limit of 4 iirc in GR if Erne isn't picked up (which is likely @ his $/aav)
Veleno is that 13th and Fabbri is LTIR so he doesn't count. Just from what I've seen, Veleno isn't anything but a middle-line type F in this league at most. Ryan Dzingle type forward. If he steps his play up he'll have that chance to wrestle Suters role/spot.

Idk what to do with either Zadina/Lindstrom honestly. They don't belong on the roster and people will freak if they're just waived and picked up. Hopefully, (imo), Yzerman moves them for anything.

The collection of weird fringe players like those two plus some prospects makes me really think hard Yzerman wants to make a move. I just can't pint point a trade that's like... idk I guess Obvious for the Red Wings. I would just do Brandon Perlini type dumps but people will freak at that idea too(imo) though they are likely.

Back to the roster though:
-Defense is light-years better than last years.
-Middle two lines are clear upgrads.
-4th line is way more physical than last years(for what 7 mins a night?)
-Goaltending upgrades.
-Assumed special team upgrades in both PP/PK.

That's a lot to hang a hat on imo, after just a Klingberg signing.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Veleno is that 13th and Fabbri is LTIR so he doesn't count. Just from what I've seen, Veleno isn't anything but a middle-line type F in this league at most. Ryan Dzingle type forward. If he steps his play up he'll have that chance to wrestle Suters role/spot.

Idk what to do with either Zadina/Lindstrom honestly. They don't belong on the roster and people will freak if they're just waived and picked up. Hopefully, (imo), Yzerman moves them for anything.

The collection of weird fringe players like those two plus some prospects makes me really think hard Yzerman wants to make a move. I just can't pint point a trade that's like... idk I guess Obvious for the Red Wings. I would just do Brandon Perlini type dumps but people will freak at that idea too(imo) though they are likely.

Back to the roster though:
-Defense is light-years better than last years.
-Middle two lines are clear upgrads.
-4th line is way more physical than last years(for what 7 mins a night?)
-Goaltending upgrades.
-Assumed special team upgrades in both PP/PK.

That's a lot to hang a hat on imo, after just a Klingberg signing.
I realize Veleno is the 13th F, for now, while Fabbri recovers/LTIR but what about when he returns. Veleno trade or GR?

I'd keep Lindstrom, he has almost no real trade value & we're short on RD in the system that are actually in/near the NHL, albeit #6-7D+ spot. Not worth any return to dump him

"Perlini dumps" of our players? or picking up other teams Perlini's? (just say no)

Veleno >>>>Smitty (punching bag basically)

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
There’s no way Veleno sits while Smith plays. If that’s the case, he might as well go play for Grand Rapids. Seider is a # 1 defenseman. Chiarot-Seider first pair with Edvinsson-Klingberg second pair is much more likely
Yeah, I think you're hung-up on that. Both guys prolly play around the same amount of games with potential Veleno playing more. Smith just is a one-trick-pony, 4th line winger and Veleno is a versatile enough player/skater to play throughout the bottom six.

So while it looks like Veleno "sit's" he more "rotates".

I had Seider play with Edvinsson specifically because I felt he was our best defender and that'd help out Edvinsson and Chairot/Klingberg would be good foils for each-other.(Klingberg plays similar to prime Petry). Just my thoughts, I'm ok with switch names around how ever you like and making a better defense still than last years.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I realize Veleno is the 13th F, for now, while Fabbri recovers/LTIR but what about when he returns. Veleno trade or GR?

I'd keep Lindstrom, he has almost no real trade value & we're short on RD in the system that are actually in/near the NHL, albeit #6-7D+ spot. Not worth any return to dump him

"Perlini dumps" of our players? or picking up other teams Perlini's? (just say no)

Veleno >>>>Smitty (punching bag basically)
Perlini like dumps for Zadina/Lindstrom.

Lindstroms not like a system dude anymore either, (IMO). We're just spit-balling, idk how Wings feel about him. He's 24, up for a new contract, and more importantly taking roster spots. An we got guys like Wallinder/Johansson who are younger that need legitimate looks, cause everything they've done so far suggest they are legit.

I just don't value Lindstrom. He's Mark Pysyk (at best) who you can pick up any year you feel like.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
29yo+ playmaking W coming off career season & wants to get paid.

We'd be paying for his decline & past stats. He's a 60-70pt+? guy w/Copp as his C.

10yrs in league, 198 goals, wow. 2 exactly 30g seasons.

…and how many assists?

Since entering the league Huberdeau is averaging 51 assists per year.

Outside of the age difference Huberdeau is as good or better than Tkachuk.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Perlini like dumps for Zadina/Lindstrom.

Lindstroms not like a system dude anymore either, (IMO). We're just spit-balling, idk how Wings feel about him. He's 24, up for a new contract, and more importantly taking roster spots. An we got guys like Wallinder/Johansson who are younger that need legitimate looks, cause everything they've done so far suggest they are legit.

I just don't value Lindstrom. He's Mark Pysyk (at best) who you can pick up any year you feel like.
I would rather watch Lindstrom over Oesterle or Walman. Lindstrom is RHD, Wallinder/Johansson are both LHD. They both need time in GR anyways. Worst case, Lindstrom is a cheap 7th D, no reason to dump him. He'd be a lot more effective if he could add some bulk and at least get to 200 lbs.

This might be Zadina's last season though. He needs to take a HUGE step forward this offseason if he expects to be part of the future.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
…and how many assists?

Since entering the league Huberdeau is averaging 51 assists per year.

Outside of the age difference Huberdeau is as good or better than Tkachuk.
He didn't do much during the playoffs and is too finesse. His assist numbers were inflated playing with a great offensive team. Good player but not worth pursuing at his likely asking price. I wish Detroit could land Tkachuk, but whatever. I never liked his fat ass father anyway.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He didn't do much during the playoffs and is too finesse. His assist numbers were inflated playing with a great offensive team. Good player but not worth pursuing at his likely asking price. I wish Detroit could land Tkachuk, but whatever. I never liked his fat ass father anyway.

Did you ever consider that his team’s stats are inflated from playing with Huberdeau?

Reactions: Frk It

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad