Rumor: Trade Thread XVIII: Brace Yourselves. Friday Is Coming.

• Thread starter BarbaraAlphanse
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
so is Bollig going to be an UFA or resign with the Blackhawks?? i wont be shocked if he resigns with the Hawks, just a hunch.

He's a UFA. As of now they haven't re-signed him. I'm sure that, at 27, he will want to cash in on a contract. I wouldn't mind paying him. It's unfortunate, but the Rangers can't develop a 4th liner player who can drop the gloves ever.

Punxrocknyc19*

He's a UFA. As of now they haven't re-signed him. I'm sure that, at 27, he will want to cash in on a contract. I wouldn't mind paying him. It's unfortunate, but the Rangers can't develop a 4th liner player who can drop the gloves ever.

nope they rather sign Chris Simon and Donald Brashear to contracts...

we tried with Michael Kantor but 0 pts in 27 games in the AHL this year with 113 penalty minutes is not that good... even the enforcers of the NHL still manage to score a little in the AHL

its a shame that Andrew Yogan and Michael Kantor cant be good enough to be 4th line NHL players right now and they have not developed well.. its a shame Rangers did not sign Dane Fox :help: but they signed Troy Donnay who might be lucky to enough to be an AHL regular :help: reminds me of the days of Benoit Dusablon and Layne Ulmer UFA days :help:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
nope they rather sign Chris Simon and Donald Brashear to contracts...

we tried with Michael Kantor but 0 pts in 27 games with 113 is not that good...

its a shame that Andrew Yogan and Michael Kantor cant be good enough to be 4th line NHL players right now and they have not developed well.. its a shame Rangers did not sign Dane Fox :help: but they signed Troy Donnay who might be lucky to enough to be an AHL regular :help: reminds me of the days of Benoit Dusablon and Layne Ulmer UFA days :help:

Eh, I wouldn't give up on either of those guys developing into 4th liners. You don't need to create a ton of offense from there. Kantor especially seems to have the speed and tenacity to develop into a 4th liner but they are a couple of years away.

They have tried. Jason Wilson. Randy McNaught. Chris Doyle. But the players they grab to fill those roles always seem to flop for one reason or another.

I'm sure it is a major reason why they made sure Dorsett was involved in the Gaborik trade.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I get that Pouliot has found chemistry with Brass and Zucc but if the cap space is there I'd like to look for an upgrade in the second line wing, maybe more of a finisher like Vrbata

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Re-signing both Girardi and Stralman plus having Klein under contract for the next 4 blocks McIlrath. How many long term contracts do the Rangers want on D? McDonagh is signed for the next 5 years. Is Staal re-signing? Moore will get a 2 year bridge deal. All of those players except Moore are defensive first guys. McIlrath has one more year on his ELC and then the Rangers sign him to a bridge deal. You have Vigneault who wants more offense from his D. His Canucks D had 150 points or so. The Rangers won't end up with anything close to that.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Any player that will sig long term without a NMC or just a limited LTCS should be signed.

Long contracts has a lot of value. Everyone realize how the UFA market will look the coming years with the cap sky rocketing and NOBODY want a part of it. There are 30 teams in the league, like 26-27 want to contend at the same time. There isn't enough players. Whether it's Klein or Stralman or Brassard Zucc, signed long term they are very tradeable unless the AAV is completely nuts.

The problem is not long term, it's short term. How many casuals will we get just because we aren't able to fit players under the cap?

I would rather deal Cally to LA for one of their young bigger forwards, that is cheaper. Then use the money to lock up the other players we have long term.

It's not going to be a buyers market in the coming 2-3 years at least. You don't want to have an kind of holes to fill.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Re-signing both Girardi and Stralman plus having Klein under contract for the next 4 blocks McIlrath. How many long term contracts do the Rangers want on D? McDonagh is signed for the next 5 years. Is Staal re-signing? Moore will get a 2 year bridge deal. All of those players except Moore are defensive first guys. McIlrath has one more year on his ELC and then the Rangers sign him to a bridge deal. You have Vigneault who wants more offense from his D. His Canucks D had 150 points or so. The Rangers won't end up with anything close to that.

I think they re-sign one of them. Which one, who knows...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The Rangers will look like fools holding the line on Callahan(which they should)and turning around to sign Stastny to a 7 year contract worth $7M-$8M. That will feed the perception about the Rangers paying strangers and asking family to take less.

I disagree. Stastny has produced at a higher level (point wise) than Callahan has. One is a winger. The other is a C. The Rangers would only look like fools if they walked away from Callahan at 5-5.5 to sign Stastny at 7-7.5 million. That is not the case. Callahan wants 7 million and at that point it becomes the Rangers preference. Callahan at 7m or Stastny at close to 7m. No brainer for me.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

If they can lock up the right side with Girardi, Stralman, Klein for decent cap hits, I could care less about blocking McIlrath. Injuries are going to happen, he'll get his chance to force management's hand. And when he does, you have a valuable trading chip that you acquired for nothing but cash. The Red Wings do this better than anyone. Many accuse them of over-ripening their prospects, but why would you ice an inferior lineup simply to give a young player a shot? Make them earn it.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007

You could always look to move a signed Stralman later on, when Mac is ready to make the jump. He would have decent value if he was locked up on a decent deal and that way we wouldn't just lose that asset.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I -HATE- the notion that Klein is some sort of core piece that cannot be moved for any reason. He is significantly worse than Girardi and Strålman, and considering that Strålman will likely only make ~$1M more than Klein it is easy to see who of the two should be moved if a move becomes necessary - Klein!

Imagine we sign Strålman this summer to a 4x4 contract. Will he be immovable? Of course not! He will still have more value than Klein on the trade market, and Klein isn't devoid of value.

Why would we give up assets for free so that McIlrath has a spot soon? Makes no sense. If he proves good enough, then you make a move and trade someone (Klein!). We never gave McDonagh a spot - he forced our hand and Roszival was traded.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
You could always look to move a signed Stralman later on, when Mac is ready to make the jump. He would have decent value if he was locked up on a decent deal and that way we wouldn't just lose that asset.

You move Klein! KLEIN!!!

He is an overpaid 3rd pairing d-man at best.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Klein has made a couple mistakes adapting to a new defensive partner and system. He's still 0 in the +/- department with the Rangers. He's a legitimate Top-4 Dman.

Overpaid? Nope.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I know, that's a ridiculous claim. The Rangers acquired him solely because he was on a good deal.

He just isn't a top-4 D-man. I know he was used on the 2nd pairing in Nashville - but he didn't handle those minutes well - and he hasn't handled the extremely sheltered minutes he has gotten with the Rangers well either.

He is good positionally and has size - but that doesn't cut it in the NHL anymore, his inability to move the puck gets him into too much trouble.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Klein is playing just about as "well" as a Ranger as he did as a Predator.

His type of defenceman is obsolete in modern hockey, and I hope AV realizes this sooner than later and tells Glen what's what. I don't think he has been very impressed with Kevin thus far.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
What are your thoughts on Bolland? I think him, Step and Brass down the middle would be pretty solid. Then I just see a need to upgrade at LW.

Kreid-Step-Nash
?-Brass-Zucc
Hags-Bolland-Fast/Stewart/Cally?
Dors-Moore-Boyle

Nash - Stepan - Kreider
Vanek - Stastny - Stewart
Fast/Zucc - Miller/Lindberg - Hrivik
Carcillo - Boyle/Miller - Dorsett

Just a thought after dumping some salary, possibly not resigning/trading a couple of players (Pouliot, Brassard, Zucc(?$), Moore, Hagelin, Boyle) .. Not sure of the dollars matching up to fit Vanek in.. Young third line, good combo of speed and size... On paper anyway..

Last edited:

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Nash - Stepan - Kreider
Vanek - Stasny - Stewart
Fast/Zucc - Miller/Lindberg - Hrivik
Carcillo - Boyle/Miller - Dorsett

Just a thought after dumping some salary, possibly not resigning/trading a couple of players (Pouliot, Brassard, Zucc(?$), Moore, Hagelin, Boyle) .. Not sure of the dollars matching up to fit Vanek in.. Young third line, good combo of speed and size... On paper anyway..

So in one post, you managed to get rid of our best forward of this year who will come at an excellent value, our captain, our 2nd line center, a top-6 LW who is one of the best values in the league, a guy who is currently lighting it up for an extremely cheap price (albeit he is enigmatic) and a guy that is HUGE in our locker room and replaced them all with absolute ****. This team is infinitely worse than our current team, will likely carry a larger cap hit, and has less chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad