McKenzie: Trade talks really heating up over last week

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I get the feeling an Evander Kane move is coming in the not too distant future. His value is pretty high right now, and Botts strikes me as a GM who'll make the move the second he gets a deal he likes (not take the chance Kane gets hurt bw now and the TDL).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Look at what NJ traded for Mueller. Probably a similar return.
Oh, come on. For all the chatter about Murray's injury issues, he still has on average more games in any given NHL season than Mueller has in his entire career, and they were drafted one year apart (Murray in 2012, Mueller in 2013). That you're even drawing the comparison suggests you haven't the slightest clue what Murray has done and that you're going strictly by mistaken reputation.

* * *​
Maybe ballpark.
Not really, no.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Oh, come on. For all the chatter about Murray's injury issues, he still has on average more games in any given NHL season than Mueller has in his entire career, and they were drafted one year apart (Murray in 2012, Mueller in 2013). That you're even drawing the comparison suggests you haven't the slightest clue what Murray has done and that you're going strictly by mistaken reputation.

* * *​

Not really, no.

What more could he be worth though? You don't want to overpay as you've highlighted there is some injury concerns, the offensive ceiling is probably limited although I have liked his first pass.

I did touch on it a bit in my new blog post...

HawkeyIntangibles

Literally created the 1 blog and 1st post in 1 hour and then went to work...just finished up post #2 :)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

* * *​

Not really, no.

Maybe you are right. Mueller may have fallen further than MURRAY. As always it would depend upon whether the team is looking to move him or if a team is looking to acquire him. What’s an even type of trade for him in your mind?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What's up with Zacha? Slow development curve? Forced into more defensive duties?

Asked to play too high in the lineup as a project center. Given big defensive duties. Lost some confidence and struggling to find his offense which feeds off his confidence. Once he gets on that first big roll and feels like he can play with the better players at both ends of the ice I expect him to become the player NJ is hoping for.

Reactions: Arthuros

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What more could he be worth though? You don't want to overpay as you've highlighted there is some injury concerns, the offensive ceiling is probably limited although I have liked his first pass.
He'd be worth about what one would expect for a blueliner who can carry the second pairing and/or support the top pairing. That's dependent on the team in question and their depth at the position. Toronto, in particular, already has Rielly and Gardiner at LHD, so I wouldn't expect nearly as much interest.

* * *​
Maybe you are right. Mueller may have fallen further than MURRAY. As always it would depend upon whether the team is looking to move him or if a team is looking to acquire him. What’s an even type of trade for him in your mind?
A #2C of comparable age.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Asked to play too high in the lineup as a project center. Given big defensive duties. Lost some confidence and struggling to find his offense which feeds off his confidence. Once he gets on that first big roll and feels like he can play with the better players at both ends of the ice I expect him to become the player NJ is hoping for.

Interesting. Zacha seemed like a long shot for a trade option.

I wonder if NJ would be better off holding onto him, but I'd like to see the Ducks pry one of Zacha or Henrique away for something around Vatanen.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Give it up.JVR doesn't get you Murray.Not even close.

Murray isn't very good anymore, stock isn't nearly as high as it was when he was drafted. I'd be asking for more than just Murray, especially if it's a sign and trade type thing ala Turris.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He'd be worth about what one would expect for a blueliner who can carry the second pairing and/or support the top pairing. That's dependent on the team in question and their depth at the position. Toronto, in particular, already has Rielly and Gardiner at LHD, so I wouldn't expect nearly as much interest.

* * *​

A #2C of comparable age.

Can he carry the 2nd pairing though? I was under the impression that Columbus's top 4 was fairly set as

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Can he carry the 2nd pairing though? I was under the impression that Columbus's top 4 was fairly set as

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Not so much. Whoever has been hottest that game has been getting the minutes. Some games it's Murray-Nuttivara, some games it's Johnson-Savard.

Reactions: Viqsi

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not so much. Whoever has been hottest that game has been getting the minutes. Some games it's Murray-Nuttivara, some games it's Johnson-Savard.

Fair enough, and it's not that hard to envision a scenario in which Johnson departs via trade or UFA and Murray moves up. Carlsson gets in that way as the organization is fairly high on him too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad