McKenzie: Trade talks really heating up over last week

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Bozak for 2nd + Sean Day
JVR for Ryan Murray
Didn't Sean day get exception status in junior. If I recall it was because he was a big kid. Not necessarily more talented. He's done nothing to show that he'll even make the nhl. Would rather get 2 2nds

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Ah yes, the yearly statement. I'm still recovering from the trade frenzy that happened during expansion draft

Well there was several trades involving Vegas and the teams it was drafting from. Plus Beaulieu and Mueller beforehand.

The news is we can expect news ,,, maybe

Considering Cammalleri for Jokinen just went down, that seems to validate McKenzie's speculation. Doesn't always have to be blockbuster deals.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Trade talks always "heat" up right before the holidays and then when nothing happens it gets blamed on the roster freeze. Happens every season.

Reactions: SuperGM17

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
*Bergevin picks up the phone*: "Gentlemen, our dumpster is now open for business. Gimme your best 4th liners"

Reactions: Oddbob

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bozak for 2nd + Sean Day
JVR for Ryan Murray
Murray is not getting moved for a rental winger.

* * *​
Outside of the fact that JVR is a UFA....what is Ryan Murray really worth? I mean sure he's young and was a former high pick but what has he actually *done* ?
Worth to Toronto? Not as much because Rielly and Gardiner are already there.

As for what he's done? He could play second pairing on most teams in the League right now. Including ours, except nobody wants to mess with the JJ-Savard magic and Savard is unquestionably the team's #3.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
It said FLA is looking for a scoring winger. I think Comeau may be someone a team may want to add at the deadline for bottom 6 depth, but he is not a scoring winger.

Comeau has 4 goals on the year. 3 in his last 5. He's depth scoring yes. Didn't see they were looking for top 6 scoring. Comeau isn't a bad option right now. He's off to a pretty good start (8 points in 16 games).

If the Panthers want a proven top 6 are they brave enough to pay for it?

P.s. bottom 6ers aren't all grinders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad