McKenzie: Trade talks really heating up over last week

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Guy who is well on his way to a 30g/60+ pt season for Columbus #5 Dman is not even close?

I guess we can thank peter ciarelli for nonsense comments like this
We don't need scoring wingers, we have plenty. We need center depth and skill.

Reactions: Viqsi

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
The Ducks need forwards: What team is still in the hunt for Vatanen? Whom would they offer?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Murray isn't very good anymore, stock isn't nearly as high as it was when he was drafted. I'd be asking for more than just Murray, especially if it's a sign and trade type thing ala Turris.
That's nice that you feel that way.
pat.gif

Seriously, folks, pay attention to his game for once rather than his reputation.

* * *​
Fair enough, and it's not that hard to envision a scenario in which Johnson departs via trade or UFA and Murray moves up. Carlsson gets in that way as the organization is fairly high on him too.
That's pretty much what's being hoped for, yeah.

* * *​
Guy who is well on his way to a 30g/60+ pt season for Columbus #5 Dman is not even close?
Remember that one time when we traded our #1C for the Preds' #5 defenseman?

No, it's not even close. Partly due to their contract situations, but also largely due to the fact that we've got a metric ****ton of scoring wingers already and don't need more.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
As an outside fan JVR as a ufa is definitely not worth Murray. Who the hell trades a 25 year old solid d-man for a rental

With an extension 100% JVR is worth that. But he's not returning that without a contract ready...and a scoring winger is not really what CBJ need

Reactions: iSophagus and Viqsi

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, we get it. Toronto forwards are useless and not worth anything.

I'll be looking forward to the reaction when a trade finally happens.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
What type of forward?

Ideally? Cost-controlled, non-rental top 6 that can play wing or center.

Realistically, I'd settle for middle-6 center. Seems like the kinda guy we'd get for Vatanen.

We can't offer our 1st - that's just a GM philosophy that we shouldn't give up our 1st without significant payoff or if we have a spare. The guy we get also can't cost much more than Vatanen at 4.875M, or expect a raise higher than that.

JvR doesn't work, not because he's not a good player, but because he's a rental expected to get paid at around 6-7M.

Bozak also doesn't work, because he's a rental center that we don't have the assets for (since I'm fairly certain he'll for go for a 1st), and he's also probably wanting to cash in a bit.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hahahahaha.....are you serious?

UFA or not, a consistent 30 goal winger and net front presence can't get CBJ's 3rd pair, 25 year old, 17 min a night D-man?

Why because he was a high draft pick almost 6 years ago?

What an idiotic statement.
No. He can't. Because we have zero need for scoring wingers, we have plenty of "net front presence" guys, and you're tremendously underrating Murray.

* * *​
Yes, we get it. Toronto forwards are useless and not worth anything.
We've repeatedly expressed an interest in Bozak but people keep bringing up JvR. The real issue - once we get past homeristic expressions of outrage w/r/t the value of a rental winger - is that what we're offering is LHD, and Toronto's pretty set there as is.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
No. He can't. Because we have zero need for scoring wingers, we have plenty of "net front presence" guys, and you're tremendously underrating Murray.

* * *​

We've repeatedly expressed an interest in Bozak but people keep bringing up JvR. The real issue - once we get past homeristic expressions of outrage w/r/t the value of a rental winger - is that what we're offering is LHD, and Toronto's pretty set there as is.
bozak for milano + 4th

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
What type of forward?

Cost controlled for some years and in the area of Vatanens contract or lower imho. I expect the Ducks to seek players on similar contracts as Silverberg or Rakell (CAP wise).

The problem, when I do some research on capfriendly there are some players I'd like but either they are on a team where Vats isn't a fit - Couturier at PHI, Bone Jenner at CLB - or they are in our division.

Not much left.

Last edited:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
No point in discussing Leaf trades. I think they are sitting tight outside of a block buster. Moving guys like Bokak and JVR for bottom 4 D does nothing for us, and we won't get a #1 D or even a young top pairing D for guys we are willing to move. Even if we dangled Marner there isn't a deal that makes sense.

Only thing that makes sense is something like Bozak for draft picks, but it weakens the current roster. I honestly think this Leafs roster is going into the playoffs as is, maybe there is a big deal at the TDL but unlikely.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Lets make a deal around an extended Rick Nash for Vincent Trocheck!

How many first rounders do the Rangers add? Trocheck is a stud who takes draws, kills penalties, QB's the PP and . . . oh, has outscored Nash 2-1 in points this season while being 9 years younger . . .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->