Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
The expectations will go up this season but are we a better team than we were last year?

The only thing that has changed really is players like Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson getting older. I don't see a large improvement from the rest of the team based on where they are at in their careers.

I'd expect us to finish in the 6-12th last range which I'm never a fan of. You don't finish low enough for a high end talent in the draft, and you're not making the playoffs.

Maybe it's the right thing to do - give it one more season of being a sub-part team and go all in next summer.
The expectation is that we pick up where we left off from last season. It was clear that the first half of the season (that crushed our playoff hopes), were full of growing pains, adjustments, learning curves, and a lack of experience. The second half of the season was a competitive team that was able to hold their own with every other team in the division, often outplaying them.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What player that was signed today would've made us better ?

I mean, to be fair there were a few. That being said, "what player that was signed today would've made us better, who also would be willing to sign here, at the same dollar and term figure they signed to play elsewhere, and not under some Ottawa premium" and the answer is probably no one, so it's a moot point.

Shedding Dadonov's contract probably gave some people hope the team would shell out in FA, but it always made more sense to try and find upgrades via trade at C/RD, and the team still has plenty of time to make a move on that end.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I mean, to be fair there were a few. That being said, "what player that was signed today would've made us better, who also would be willing to sign here, at the same dollar and term figure they signed to play elsewhere, and not under some Ottawa premium" and the answer is probably no one, so it's a moot point.

Shedding Dadonov's contract probably gave some people hope the team would shell out in FA, but it always made more sense to try and find upgrades via trade at C/RD, and the team still has plenty of time to make a move on that end.
The money they saved will probably go towards the RFAs they need to sign.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

I knock us for being poor and cheap all the time and Melnyk deserves it but even if we had Maple Leaf money FA is a joke and there is rarely ever a player worth signing that gets big bucks. If Melynk is serious that he is going to spend well let's see him pay our RFA's and let's trade for a big piece and take on salary.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Omg guys Nick Folgino is going to Boston he can play C can't he ? OMG Dorion what are you doing ?

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad