Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
1st (top 3 protected), 2nd, 3rd, (both would be the best of the ones we have)
White,
Mete or Brannstrom
Grieg or Thomson
One of our goalie prospects.

That is 3 picks in a deep draft, a couple NHL bodies and a couple prospects.
I think that is a fair deal for Eichel.

So a 1st and a 2nd (Lets be honest, the 3rd doesn't matter in a trade for a superstar)
A 3/4th line Centre making too much money
A 5/6 Dman who can't get consistent playing time on a bottom rung team
A late 1st round pick without much pedigree or fanfare (regardless of how much we may like them, it's Prospect syndrome)
A lotto ticket on a goalie who may never even play in the NHL.

Damn, I don't know how they say no to that

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Maybe Pinto would have to go. But it could also be just futures.
Ah, yes magic "futures" for one of the top centres in the game locked in for 5 years.
While we're at it we should try and snag that McDavey kid outta edmonton for a 6th and a few McDonalds giftcards (might have to activate them this time if they play hard ball)

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Guess it’s another wasted year eh? Holden, MDZ does nothing for Ws :(

Similar to Coburn and Gudbransson …

I think Holden is a nice 3rd pairing guy, better than Gudbranson, Coburn and DZ.

But yea the Del Zotto deal makes no sense to me.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Ah, yes magic "futures" for one of the top centres in the game locked in for 5 years.
While we're at it we should try and snag that McDavey kid outta edmonton for a 6th and a few McDonalds giftcards (might have to activate them this time if they play hard ball)
Two firsts, two seconds, Brannstrom, Brown, Greig, a goalie prospect of thier choice. Would be enticing.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
How many teams have?
I’m not defending Montréal here, i’m just telling you as it is. Ottawa is the least desirable city to play in throughout the NHL.

You’ll be happier once you come to terms with that.

How did I not hear about Edmonton and Winnipeg being kicked out of the league?

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
The expectations will go up this season but are we a better team than we were last year?

The only thing that has changed really is players like Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson getting older. I don't see a large improvement from the rest of the team based on where they are at in their careers.

I'd expect us to finish in the 6-12th last range which I'm never a fan of. You don't finish low enough for a high end talent in the draft, and you're not making the playoffs.

Maybe it's the right thing to do - give it one more season of being a sub-part team and go all in next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad