Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Surprised WPG acquired both Dillon and Schmidt.

I wonder if Schmidt didn't waive until they got Dillon.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
he was also extremely sheltered

Was he really? He averaged 17 minutes a night and actually had more PK time than Chabot did in 35 less games. Sure he wasn’t playing against the best on best competition every shift but our 8M defenseman should be doing that anyway.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Schmidt would have been a perfect vet top-4 dman to bring into our lineup.

Doubt he would have waived to come here.

WPG is usually on NTC lists right beside us but it's only 5 hours away from his hometown in St. Cloud Minnesota.

That probably played a role in waiving his NTC instead of demanding to go to Boston or New York.

Reactions: Deku

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Was he really? He averaged 17 minutes a night and actually had more PK time than Chabot did in 35 less games. Sure he wasn’t playing against the best on best competition every shift but our 8M defenseman should be doing that anyway.

Yep, like you said he was playing against lesser competition and was on the 2nd PK unit. He played well don’t get me wrong, I’m just saying it’s easy to get fooled and peg him as something more than he is

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The Jets now have:

Morrissey, Dillon, Schmidt, Demelo, Pionk, Poolman, Beaulieu, Niku and Stanley. Plus Heinola.

Something will have to give.

I'd take Demelo back, and could see us being interested in Beaulieu and Poolman.

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Who are you taking between Zadarov and Soucy?

Here is Minny fan on Soucy, sounds pretty good

"Could be one of the best value picks for Seattle in their draft, but also will be interesting to see how Soucy adjusts to a new situation. He was in pretty much the ideal place and role the past two years surrounded by excellent defenseman and getting lots of time with the GEEF line, I doubt he will find as much support next season. Still, he is a good, smart defenseman, willing to stand up for teammates, but not a flat out physical force, more positionally sound and relies on a surprisingly deft stick, and more flash to his game than you might expect for a guy his size."
Zadorov is less defensive responsible and can make blunders but a mean tough hitting machine. The problem here is he is RFA looking for a raise and UFA soon. If Hawks after taking on Fleury release him or walk away from arbitration , he will have to accept market value which would be less then his arb award and then a good pick up.

I assume the cost to acquire Zadarov will be less than Soucy but you never know with GM Ron Francis, he did not impress me much for the expansion draft so I have to think a 3rd round pick gets it done.Same price Jets paid for Nate Schmidt.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Jets now have:

Morrissey, Dillon, Schmidt, Demelo, Pionk, Poolman, Beaulieu, Niku and Stanley.

Something will have to give.

I'd take Demelo back, and could see us being interested in Beaulieu and Poolman.

Should take Demelo and Stanley... for the amazing Erik Brannstrom

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad