Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 3: Who are they taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The reviews are going nowhere, it was reported that at the GM meeting in Florida Bettman said he was content with the current review process.

I'm fine with the reviews as a whole, but they need to be taken out of the ref's hands and put in Toronto where unbiased people can look at them and reverse a ref's call that the sucker is too scared to make. The review process is a joke.

The NHL will consider cutting down on those things when Crosby hooks, holds, or interferes a guy's finger off with impunity and the public ain't haven none of that.

Still don't know how he got away with that.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Found this comment funny:
Daniel Zylberberg 1 month ago
Dont protect him in the expansion draft, we don't need his soft ass on the ice anymore

Sound familiar? Lol.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Why is Vegas taking upcoming UFA's? I don't get it

They're going to potentially lose players on waivers anyway. What you get is a negotiating advantage for a brief window with a player you think can help you.

At least now they have clear roster space. Example:

Select Kulak and then sign Englland. Then waive Kulak and send him to the farm. Lose him on waivers (who knows), or have him eat a contract spot (a commodity as you are only allowed 50). You're back to square one of having one Flame player on your opening roster. Might as well just avoid the headache and sign the player you like while you have an exclusive window. Otherwise, you could end up with 30 drafted players and little flex to add UFAs.

So, sign a UFA and they count as your selection from that club. Calgary didn't have anything particularly interesting.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Tyler Pitlick was dead the whole time. He thinks he's playing hockey like a regular person but he's not.

the-sixth-sense.jpg

:laugh: nasty but funny as hell

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Even if it's not hamonic, Minni is apparently trading a d likely brodin or scandella who would look good in the top 4 as well.

Plus who knows what Vegas will have for trade like methot.

If there was ever a time to find a top 4 dman it's now.

Is Minnesota still looking to do that? I thought the whole point of moving out one of those guys was for expansion purposes. But they already worked something out with Vegas to protect their d-core.

I donno. I think there might have been a window to acquire some of these guys who were avaliable, but then all of the teams who had a d-man that they might lose just worked out a deal with Vegas and gets to keep their guys anyway. I don't see any reason for a team like the Wild to trade one of their d-men now.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
John Shannon‏Verified account @JSportsnet 2m2 minutes ago
More
Griffen Reinhart is the Oiler going to the Desert.

#ExpansionDraft

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It could work to our advantage could it not?

I remember and maybe incorrectly Drai shielding the puck and taking whacks with no calls, McDavid streaking down into the zone and getting slashed with no calls.

It will suck for hockey in general and will not help us, its not like the star players are being carved up left right and center. What will happen is 2 or 3 more awful ticky tacky pats will be called pe game and 2 or 3 obstruction calls will be ignored as a result.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
John Shannon‏Verified account @JSportsnet 2m2 minutes ago
More
Griffen Reinhart is the Oiler going to the Desert.

#ExpansionDraft

Yep McPhee does favours for his 6-7 other GM buddies, but all business when it comes to the Oilers.

Gonna enjoy beating the crap outta that expansion side-show for several years in front of their half empty arena that's wearing McDavid jerseys.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
Sucks they are taking other teams junk (Emelin, Englland.. WTF) while we lose a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia