Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 3: Who are they taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Considering the cost it took to get Larsson, and considering Chia's trading history with the Islander's, I dread the cost of Hamonic in Oiler silks.

But if he can do it, I agree that defense would be okay until Seks gets back.

Even if it's not hamonic, Minni is apparently trading a d likely brodin or scandella who would look good in the top 4 as well.

Plus who knows what Vegas will have for trade like methot.

If there was ever a time to find a top 4 dman it's now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
In other news, Tyler Pitlick was spotted last sunday in a body-bag. Condition unknown.

Tyler Pitlick was dead the whole time. He thinks he's playing hockey like a regular person but he's not.

the-sixth-sense.jpg

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Considering the cost it took to get Larsson, and considering Chia's trading history with the Islander's, I dread the cost of Hamonic in Oiler silks.

But if he can do it, I agree that defense would be okay until Seks gets back.

Again it could only really be Eberle or RNH out so would we not be fine adding to those guys to get an actual return that fills a spot for a long time?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Well, he helped Anaheim out, so there's that. I'd be more worried about Anaheim the next couple of years than Vegas anyway...

True Anaheim will still be good for a while. Although they are lacking a replacement for Getz down the road. When he fades the team will too.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
i think these are the only teams with no leaks so far:

Arizona Coyotes
Buffalo Sabres
Carolina Hurricanes
Colorado Avalanche
Edmonton Oilers
New Jersey Devils
San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks
Washington Capitals
Winnipeg Jets

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It could be a move that facilitates other moves (Russell signing and 3rd line center add) or maybe he just doesn't like Eberle's fit on the team and sees it as addition by subtraction and is trying to get what he can for him and clear cap space while doing so? There's always more to trades than just raw production.

If you just look at the trade valuewise, it's a loss obviously but there's usually more to trades than pure value. Hall/Larsson being a prime example although Larsson made more sense from a need standpoint plus it facilitated the Lucic signing IMO.

Strome would probably instantly become the new whipping boy. Yeah he's cheaper than Eberle, but he's also a worse player (and likely to demand a raise next summer, so the cap-savings next year might not even be that much) so...I guess you better make wise use of that extra cap space if you're doing that trade.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
True Anaheim will still be good for a while. Although they are lacking a replacement for Getz down the road. When he fades the team will too.

I think Anaheim is in a lot of trouble if they have to play us again next year. A good 6-7 goals they got in that series were just dumb playoff inexperience blunders by the Oilers, clean those up and have a more confident McDavid, and they are in big trouble.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Looks like Vegas wants picks/prospects and low cap players from teams while looking to make the cap floor with UFAs

Macblender

May 5, 2014

Kesler is also going to be 33 before the new season starts so at some point if he loses a little speed may not be the shutdown guy he has been previously.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
McPhee had no one to take from Calgary.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him take Russell.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Strome would probably instantly become the new whipping boy. Yeah he's cheaper than Eberle, but he's also a worse player (and likely to demand a raise next summer, so the cap-savings next year might not even be that much) so...I guess you better make wise use of that extra cap space if you're doing that trade.

There is no LT solution to RW in UFA this summer either and next does not seem to have many options either. So kind of tough unless Strome improves and contract stays similar that besides getting a stop gap the end picture is JP and Slep filling the void at RW.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Yeah I thought there was a chance they pass on Reinhart.. but not with the way that team is shaping up.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Great, the NHL is cutting down on slashing. What about the hooks, holds, interference, and reviews?

The NHL will consider cutting down on those things when Crosby hooks, holds, or interferes a guy's finger off with impunity and the public ain't haven none of that.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Great, the NHL is cutting down on slashing. What about the hooks, holds, interference, and reviews?

The reviews are going nowhere, it was reported that at the GM meeting in Florida Bettman said he was content with the current review process.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Even if it's not hamonic, Minni is apparently trading a d likely brodin or scandella who would look good in the top 4 as well.

Plus who knows what Vegas will have for trade like methot.

If there was ever a time to find a top 4 dman it's now.

What is Minnesota looking for back?

I thought they were pretty set on RW and Center so not really sure what we could offer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad