Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 3: Who are they taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Continue here:

Some posts:

I don't get this crusade against Eberle at all. Doesn't make much sense to me to move him purely for "cap space" unless you have a legit replacement up your sleeve. Guys like Strome and Vanek are not adequate replacements...

I would have some time for Ho-Sang, or a deal involving Beauvillier, because those are guys who at least could help this team long-term.

Leaks everywhere now. I wonder when the name of the Oilers player that was picked will leak?

It was the last 2 games where the Canucks were dressing their 3rd string goalie, a bunch of AHL guys, and their veterans might as well have been on the golf course already. Those two games were laughers with basically nothing at stake but McDavid hitting 100.

20% of his entire regular season + playoff goal scoring came in those two useless games, I don't think it's wrong to point it out.

People can get mad at me all they want, but if you want to look at Eberle's season honestly, it's the cold, hard truth.

In game's that we actually needed him to score ... as in games against real NHL comp, he had 16 goals and 49 points in 93 games (80 regular season + 13 playoff games).

He scored 50+ points again on the second line, I'll be perfectly fine with him. And I see no reason that he will regress. We all saw him struggle this past year, and his shooting percentage was in the tank, combined with his shots in dangerous areas and we should see him repeat or improve.

We can trade Ebs for picks and prospects. Then sign Eaves and Williams. Both players compliments Drai and McDavid and can play up and down the lineup. Exactly the opposite of Ebs.

Except that it is. It just is. You can't fall behind "oh the Canucks just weren't trying" wall because every single year it happens and players benefit from it. You can't just take it away from Eberle because it supports your argument and suits you better. You just can't, that's not how this works.

It's the 2nd year that Chia is probably more interested in clearing off the cap and I guess he figures that he'd rather have Strome to fill Eberle's spot now than wait until the trade deadline and just get a 1st. He's never going to get "equal" value for Eberle.

Also, did I see it right that Vegas is picking Brower from Calgary. Seriously, WTF?

Yes. Exactly. I'm saying do that next year. Keep Ebs now because we can afford him. Trade him next year for **** and use the cap space when we can't afford to use it on Ebs. How did you just agree with me but are still arguing?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
McCupOfOil said:
It's the 2nd year that Chia is probably more interested in clearing off the cap and I guess he figures that he'd rather have Strome to fill Eberle's spot now than wait until the trade deadline and just get a 1st. He's never going to get "equal" value for Eberle.

I updated my post. I would be OK with moving Eberle for the right return, even if it's futures, but then you have to be sure you can get an adequate replacement for him in free agency or through some other avenue. Moving him straight across for Strome or Strome+2nd just doesn't do much for me. I mean, it's not Reinhart-level bad, but it's still not a deal that moves the needle for this team. I think it's really important for this team to make the playoffs next year. Can't really afford to downgrade on players, especially not with Sekera out for a couple of months.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
For the first time since this whole process started, I feel like there's a chance that Pouliot gets taken....haha

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
For the first time since this whole process started, I feel like there's a chance that Pouliot gets taken....haha

Nope they will take Reinhart from us of course. No reason to "take it easy" on the Oilers.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I dont understand how Vegas passes on Brock Nelson. Absolutely astonishing, they get these great expansion rules to put toether a competitive team, and they're going to be worse then the Atlanta Thrashers.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I wish Chia was more aggressive with Vegas on trying to acquire a D from them for a pick, but I get the feeling he is content with signing Russell for even 4 years and calling it a summer for the blue line.

Doesn't want to "rock the boat", "feels good about the group", "good for the room" etc. etc. etc. GMs tend to shut it down when they feel content they have a young group that's progressing.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Really happy with what McPhee did. He could have built a team that would have been a pain in our ass right off the bat. But he chose to pass on most of his best options.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Really happy with what McPhee did. He could have built a team that would have been a pain in our ass right off the bat. But he chose to pass on most of his best options.

Yep, fine by me. Weakest division in hockey gets even weaker.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Well, he helped Anaheim out, so there's that. I'd be more worried about Anaheim the next couple of years than Vegas anyway...

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
With the amount of deals being leaked that have Vegas not taking a teams young d-man for some sort of cost, I will be stunned if their pick off us isn't Reinhart.

If Vegas had picked the names available they wouldn't have really had room for Reinhart on their roster. Now he likely slots into their 6/7 spot.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Apparently Vegas picked a few few ufas hopefully one is Russell

If it is Russell, I'm curious what your replacement is for him? It's easy to say that he's not going to be a big loss. But he led the team in ES minutes in the regular season and was 2nd in the playoffs. We can't just plug Matt Benning into that spot and expect not to take a hit.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Could we work out a deal where they select Pouliot. We then trade them Nurse+22nd+Bear for Methot, Karlsson, and Dotchin?

Lineup

Maroon-Mcdavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Eberle
Caggiula-Karlsson-Kassian
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarainen
Khaira

Klefbom-Larsson
Methot-Benning
Reinhart-Dotchin

Sekera comes back and bumps either Reinhart or Dotchin down.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I updated my post. I would be OK with moving Eberle for the right return, even if it's futures, but then you have to be sure you can get an adequate replacement for him in free agency or through some other avenue. Moving him straight across for Strome or Strome+2nd just doesn't do much for me. I mean, it's not Reinhart-level bad, but it's still not a deal that moves the needle for this team. I think it's really important for this team to make the playoffs next year. Can't really afford to downgrade on players, especially not with Sekera out for a couple of months.

It could be a move that facilitates other moves (Russell signing and 3rd line center add) or maybe he just doesn't like Eberle's fit on the team and sees it as addition by subtraction and is trying to get what he can for him and clear cap space while doing so? There's always more to trades than just raw production.

If you just look at the trade valuewise, it's a loss obviously but there's usually more to trades than pure value. Hall/Larsson being a prime example although Larsson made more sense from a need standpoint plus it facilitated the Lucic signing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->