Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 3: Who are they taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
The refs will forget about this halfway through the season.

No slashing except for Anaheim, Las Vegas, Arizona, Carolina, and Tampa....and sometimes Nashville. .....maybe Dallas. ....and Pittsburgh.....obviously LA....

Ie. the "no slashing unless you complain and we happen to care" clause

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think the agenda for Vegas is to have a competitive team but still finish in the bottom third of the league for the next few years to build thru the draft. That's why they are collecting picks and prospects to pass on superior players. With the players exposed LV could have a playoff caliber team if they picked the BPA from each team then traded the extra players for upgrades.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The refs will forget about this halfway through the season.

Actually, nah.

When they are instructed to interpret things a certain way, they are much more virulent and consistent with it. See: the crack down on goaltender interference throughout the year.

Unless you're Ryan Kesler and the ref spends like 3 seconds reviewing his call of course.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think the agenda for Vegas is to have a competitive team but still finish in the bottom third of the league for the next few years to build thru the draft. That's why they are collecting picks and prospects to pass on superior players. With the players exposed LV could have a playoff caliber team if they picked the BPA from each team then traded the extra players for upgrades.

They want Rasmus Dahlin.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I will laugh when this plan backfires on them miserably.

The whole "hope to be bailed out by high picks as option 1" route can be extremely dangerous if you don't get lucky and land a McDavid/Crosby type player.

Take it from us. We know better than most.

But hey, they wanna suck for several years in our division, good for them. We'll take advantage. Hopefully they and Vancouver and Arizona stink it up for years to come, that'll be like a good 1/5 of our season, lol.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
If it is Russell, I'm curious what your replacement is for him? It's easy to say that he's not going to be a big loss. But he led the team in ES minutes in the regular season and was 2nd in the playoffs. We can't just plug Matt Benning into that spot and expect not to take a hit.

I fully expect chia to land a top 4 dman this off season one way or another. Benning and nurse should be able to fill in for sekera until he's back.

Klef Larsson
Hamonic benning
Nurse Reinhart
Oesterle

That looks average enough until sekera gets back imo

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
OilersNow‏ @OilersNow 33m33 minutes ago

Tyler Benson says he's healthy and feels good after sports hernia surgery last season & that he's been skating in town w/ David Pelletier.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The news about Slashing is AWFUL AWFUL news. Just call the damned penalties when they need to be called and call them majors if necessary.

Be prepared for just a horrible year of ticky tacky taps being called left right and center and them ignoring obstruction and such again because they can't call too many penalties. It's already awful with penalties being called on stick slashes.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Tyler Benson says he's healthy and feels good after sports hernia surgery last season & that he's been skating in town w/ David Pelletier.
Tyler Benson stubbed his toe leaving the studio and is out five weeks.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The news about Slashing is AWFUL AWFUL news. Just call the damned penalties when they need to be called and call them majors if necessary.

Be prepared for just a horrible year of ticky tacky taps being called left right and center and them ignoring obstruction and such again because they can't call too many penalties. It's already awful with penalties being called on stick slashes.

I'm fine with it. If the NHL is going to make stopping infractions against usually the star players, that's a win for us. We might get burned for some calls, but likely the other teams will have to back off McDavid and Draisaitl more so. I'll take that any day.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The list of players the Flames had available was pretty pathetic lol. I guess they could have picked Chiasson? But honestly he's a waiver wire type player anyway.

I think Hunter Shinkaruk is like the best choice they could have taken.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The list of players the Flames had available was pretty pathetic lol. I guess they could have picked Chiasson? But honestly he's a waiver wire type player anyway.
Kulak is the player the TSN guys had Vegas taking from Calgary. Maybe they won't take Reinhart from the Oilers either.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013

In other news, Tyler Pitlick was spotted last sunday in a body-bag. Condition unknown.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

It could work to our advantage could it not?

I remember and maybe incorrectly Drai shielding the puck and taking whacks with no calls, McDavid streaking down into the zone and getting slashed with no calls.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I fully expect chia to land a top 4 dman this off season one way or another. Benning and nurse should be able to fill in for sekera until he's back.

Klef Larsson
Hamonic benning
Nurse Reinhart
Oesterle

That looks average enough until sekera gets back imo

Considering the cost it took to get Larsson, and considering Chia's trading history with the Islander's, I dread the cost of Hamonic in Oiler silks.

But if he can do it, I agree that defense would be okay until Seks gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad