Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleury4ever

Mar 20, 2011
Washington, DC
Why so little talk about a Center? That's what the Rangers need up front, a 2-way center. Some type of poor man's Brind'Amour is probably the best they can do, they need that badly, there is no center depth.

(& D man of course, as stated)

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Why so little talk about a Center? That's what the Rangers need up front, a 2-way center. Some type of poor man's Brind'Amour is probably the best they can do, they need that badly, there is no center depth.

Couple of reasons:

1) The Rangers have a player who should be the kind of player you described in Derek Stepan (minus the physical play that Brind'Amour brought).

2) The player you describe really aren't readily available. Especially when you look at what the Rangers really have to deal.

As an aside, I think you're understating the kind of player Brind'Amour was. He had 8 seasons of over 70 points.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

I really dont think they need a C, everyone craps on Boyle too much. I dont mind him at all. Sure if they get a 3rd line C Boyle could play wing though

They need a 3rd line depth winger. Everyone wants a top 6 winger but thats not easy to find even as a rental

Kershaw

Last one.

Curtis Glencross.

He's got a NMC so it's a moot point, but if we could get him. Even with his contract (2.55 for 2 years after thsi one)

I'd do that deal.

Flames wouldn't deal him. He's one of their best players, signed to a sweetheart contract and lives in Calgary the whole year.

Kershaw

Trade a 2nd Rounder for Antropov, he played well here last time too and would be a great addition to the bottom 6 and #2 PP unit. Brings size and is Torts kinda player. Anisimov replacement/upgrade.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Trade a 2nd Rounder for Antropov, he played well here last time too and would be a great addition to the bottom 6 and #2 PP unit. Brings size and is Torts kinda player. Anisimov replacement/upgrade.

That'll leave us w/o a pick first two rounds. I don't see Sather moving that second round pick, especially for Antro..

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Here is an interesting idea:

Shane Doan. With the Coyotes leaving, was he not rumored to be looking heavily at the Rangers in the off-season? Would be a great 2nd liner.

Kershaw

Here is an interesting idea:

Shane Doan. With the Coyotes leaving, was he not rumored to be looking heavily at the Rangers in the off-season? Would be a great 2nd liner.

No thanks. His contract is absolutely brutal.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'd take him in a second. And if he retires, who gets the cap hit? Phoenix because he retired before the end of his contract? Or is it the Rangers because it is 35+?

Rangerboy!!!!!!
It would be the Rangers.

When players on long-term front loaded deals are traded, the trading team would be responsible for the cap benefit the player had while he was playing with them. Probably what you're thinking of.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
No longer interested in adding that kind of salary going into next year. Ship has sailed on Doan. Plus, Phoenix will want a nice return for him to give them assets going forward and I don't want to pay up, then take on salary, for an aging Doan. He'd fit well, but if he wanted to come to NY and win he should have done it in the off season.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Would trade like a 4th for Antropov. Think he'd help add depth. He's not what he used to be, but he's a better option in the bottom 6 than Bickel.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Why not?

Glen has been very active in most deadlines to add depth players. Ie Morris, McCabe, Avery, Antropov

Yes, but you have to consider we need to start adding more young players. You do that at the draft. We also don't have a 1st this year.

I can see Sather moving next years 2nd, or some of the 3rd rounders this year. But he won't go into this upcoming draft without a 1st and 2nd.

Rangerboy!!!!!!

He's gonna yell at you;):sarcasm::laugh:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yes, but you have to consider we need to start adding more young players. You do that at the draft. We also don't have a 1st this year.

I can see Sather moving next years 2nd, or some of the 3rd rounders this year. But he won't go into this upcoming draft without a 1st and 2nd.

He's gonna yell at you;):sarcasm::laugh:

We need a RB signal, like Batman....

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
MPS for a 4rd pick?
Paarjavi is young, good size, good skater, decently defensive forward that can play 3rd line with some offensive upside. He would fit nicely in Tort's system.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
MPS for a 4rd pick?
Paarjavi is young, good size, good skater, decently defensive forward that can play 3rd line with some offensive upside. He would fit nicely in Tort's system.

As long as you're willing to be the one holding the gun to Tambellini's head. Because that's the only way Edmonton takes a 4th for MPS.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
As long as you're willing to be the one holding the gun to Tambellini's head. Because that's the only way Edmonton takes a 4th for MPS.

What do you think it would take for edm to part with him?

Edit: he is playing on their AHL affiliate, because of the logjam they have at forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad