Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Weiss would be great. So would Ryder. Really depends on what the playoff picture looks like. I could also see Phoenix selling Sullivan if they are out. Would prefer the first two obviously. Neither of the three should command too much since they are all UFA's this summer (i.e. rentals)

Weiss/Ryder for a 2nd, prospect
Sullivan for a 3rd/4th

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
quite evident they are going to trade for a 6th Dman at some point and if DZ and Staal stay on the 2nd pair it could be a LD.

Torts has no confidence in Bickel besides gooning it up so he should really be packaged in a deal if possible. If not Gilory and Eminger are UFA so a team would take them for a body likely but a 3rd rounder is what they likely dangle

Chance Boychuck slips to the Rangers in waivers today. Weise did to Vancouver who had the last claim a yr ago

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I agree, but if they are going to go after someone at the deadline and they want to make a serious push, it should be a #4 guy in case an injury occurs during a game, etc.

Bickel and Eminger have been useless so far this season. Why even sign them?

I dont think the Rangers have the assets right now to obtain a top 4 guy. Not to mention every team in the league is looking for the same thing.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
quite evident they are going to trade for a 6th Dman at some point and if DZ and Staal stay on the 2nd pair it could be a LD.

Torts has no confidence in Bickel besides gooning it up so he should really be packaged in a deal if possible. If not Gilory and Eminger are UFA so a team would take them for a body likely but a 3rd rounder is what they likely dangle

Chance Boychuck slips to the Rangers in waivers today. Weise did to Vancouver who had the last claim a yr ago

Would love having Boychuk

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
So what I get is around a 4th D and a few 3rd and fourth liners. Folks this is doable. We can trade for this. Ferriero has been nice so far. However, I don't think that Asham is a legit piece for the 3rd line and such. He needs to wake up. Halpern can make his case but he has to start winning more face offs and get a kick in his step. We don't need to smash and mash everyone with those lines but we need speed and size.

If we started seeing Halpern, Rupp, and Asham taking a semi regular shift that might alleviate some of this trade talk.
These guys are useful players and could easily form a "checking line" of sorts.

I don't understand why Sather signs these types of guys if they are going to get 3-5 minutes of ice time a night. we could have the Newbury's of the world do that for alot lower cap hit.

I understand Torts was sweating when we were 1-3 and needed to make sure we righted the ship. Now that we appear back on track, there is no excuse why these guys cannot play regulalry when we are tied or ahead in games.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think it'll ease up. But I'm not sure. Torts is in panic mode a bit. I think once we get into it more, we will see them play more. It's just age with Halpern that its probably catching up to him. However he is not useless. He can play well given some time. More than 3 minutes a game.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I would say a strength of this team is they don't really need a top four defenseman.

Me too.

I think something that gets lost in the video game-like mentality around here is the effects things like that have on a locker room. Lets say the Rangers do acquire another top 4 capable defenseman, a guy who is used to playing 20 minutes a night.

All of a sudden, his minutes are reduced on the 3rd pair with the Rangers. This player is not happy with that, and so goes a vicious cycle of malcontent players.

I thought Eddie O said something great during a recent Rangers telecast - he said "A good hockey team is made up of players that embrace and execute their roles."

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Well yeah. Known roles and executing them is the best way to help a team. However regarding D men, we do need one more guy for the third pair. Gilroy and Bickel are not the answers unless Gilroy shows improvement but I doubt he sticks anyway.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Me too.

I think something that gets lost in the video game-like mentality around here is the effects things like that have on a locker room. Lets say the Rangers do acquire another top 4 capable defenseman, a guy who is used to playing 20 minutes a night.

All of a sudden, his minutes are reduced on the 3rd pair with the Rangers. This player is not happy with that, and so goes a vicious cycle of malcontent players.

I thought Eddie O said something great during a recent Rangers telecast - he said "A good hockey team is made up of players that embrace and execute their roles."
I really don't think it's that much of a factor. Hockey doesn't have the divas you find in many other sports.

Given that any player that is acquired will likely be going from a bottom feeder to a legit contender in a strictly rental situation, I would think the majority would embrace the change.

Of course the amount of minutes Torts gives the third pairing may stretch their patience...

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Me too.

Thats why most teams bring Vets into the fold at deadline, they know whats up ;)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Don't really see Weiss as a fit. There's only room for 2 centers on the top 2 lines. I think ideally they pick up a versatile bottom six forward who can play center in the case of injury.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

ugh is right, why do people say he wasnt going to get to us when Pittsburgh got him? they were just as high as the Rangers on the list and if hte Pens didnt get him Rangers likely would have. Ahhh well he's unproven but would of been a nice gamble

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Can we legitimately trade for Gomez before the deadline for depth for a career AHLer that the sharks like? What I would give to see him in a Rangers Jersey once more.

No can do mate. He's too valuable to the Sharks.

BBzelpRCQAAeTHd.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad