Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
Every inch of cap space will be used to re-sign Stepan, McDonagh and Hagelin. There will be a crazy amount of player movement this offseason though so a lot of teams can fit under the $64 mil cap.

I think McDonagh has a nice contract locked up, but if Stepan and Hagelin don't start playing like players the Rangers really can't afford to lose, then...they will become players the Rangers could afford to lose. The season is still young, but still.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think McDonagh has a nice contract locked up, but if Stepan and Hagelin don't start playing like players the Rangers really can't afford to lose, then...they will become players the Rangers could afford to lose. The season is still young, but still.

Where are the Rangers finding a #2 center for 2-3M a year?

Kershaw

Timmy Erixon would not have been the answer for this season. I heard JD on the Fan590 Hockey Central show yesterday discussing his team. He said Erixon needs to get stronger if he wants to be a regular NHL D. John really likes Erixon but he needs to become stronger. Its Timmy's 2nd year pro and the same issue is still hindering his ability to crack the NHL and stay there. Erixon was recalled yesterday. The Rangers brought back Eminger and Bickel because they needed depth on D. They didn't know where the cap was being set and they still needed to re-sign DZ. Eminger and Bickel are cheap. Before Eminger hurt his shoulder in PHX,he was a strong player for the Rangers when Staal was out. Too bad Eminger is not a lefty.

JD also said Erixon is a blue chip prospect with the ability to be a star player in the league. I expect him to be top pairing material in a few years. Sucks that we traded him away.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So I read Pitts had the better waiver priority because Ranegers have 1 more win or something goofy like that....blahhhh. Boychuk would of been a descent prospect to try out.

I say give Haley a chance and if he's in the dog house screw it just try JT Miller. Maybe he can be this yrs Hagelin. Rushed maybe but may be wortjh a shot

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
Where are the Rangers finding a #2 center for 2-3M a year?

I don't know? It's not my job to search for a replacement :)

I'm just saying that if Stepan and Hagelin have poor or better said not so strong seasons (meaning showing progress) then their next contracts shouldn't be that expensive or if they ask for too much, then they could be deemed replaceable - again depending on their performance this season. Because in the end both are playing for their next contract.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
JD also said Erixon is a blue chip prospect with the ability to be a star player in the league. I expect him to be top pairing material in a few years. Sucks that we traded him away.

Still no mea-culpa for you mindless Nash bashing all off-season, eh?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The guy I would have liked to have gotten is Tanguay.

Talented player that can play both center and wing.

But at 33 and 4 years left on his deal, pass.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I would have loved for the Rangers to have acquired Vermette at last years deadline. He still had time on his contract and would fit in perfectly in NY. Now he is PHX's #1 center.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I've always loved his game.. Always.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Last one.

Curtis Glencross.

He's got a NMC so it's a moot point, but if we could get him. Even with his contract (2.55 for 2 years after thsi one)

I'd do that deal.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Players I wouldn't mind inquiring about because I can't imagine their price being particularly high or them being 'essential' players for their teams:

Cogliano 1yr left
Lydman UFA
Leopold/Regher - @deadline if Buffalo is out, UFA rental for playoffs.
M. Weber RFA
Comeau UFA
Sarich 1yr left
LaRose UFA
Brent UFA
Prospal UFA
Aucoin UFA
Jagr UFA
Ryder UFA
Cleary UFA
Fistric UFA
Jones UFA
Weaver 1yr left
Penner @deadline only, UFA
Cullen UFA
Bouillon UFA
Halischuk RFA
Spaling RFA
Hannan UFA
Latendresse UFA
Gonchar @deadline, UFA
Sullivan UFA
Gordon UFA
Handzus UFA
Galiardi RFA
Murray UFA
Hall UFA
MA Bergeron UFA (I hate him, better than what we're icing on 4th line/3rd pair)
Steckel UFA
Hendricks UFA
Fehr UFA
Hamrlik UFA
Erskine UFA
Antropov UFA
Ponikarovsky UFA
Clitsome UFA

Those are basically the realistic options throughout the entire league. The quality of some may be debated, but they would all improve our depth in some way, some more than others. Only players who I believe would be available and affordable. Some, obviously, based on the success of their teams.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

On the decline, won't add much IMO. Better off revisiting Vinny Prospal ;)

Mike Fisher would be a nice addition.

Cap issues beyond this season

Nice player, complicated logistics, high price to boot.

Last one.

Curtis Glencross.

He's got a NMC so it's a moot point, but if we could get him. Even with his contract (2.55 for 2 years after thsi one)

I'd do that deal.

Thought about him, if he comes cheap its an option. Not thrilled that he'd be getting 2.55 when on his decline.

Lets wait it out and get Dan Winnick from the Ducks.

Sather will end up getting Chimera :p:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I would say a strength of this team is they don't really need a top four defenseman.
Totally agree with that
Play Stralman 10-12 minutes per game + 2nd PP unit

Find Someone on his left side that can play same minutes

1st 2 pairings can then play a more reasonable 20-24 minutes
Presto
Not exactly rocket science
But you are right on the money here

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Players I wouldn't mind inquiring about because I can't imagine their price being particularly high or them being 'essential' players for their teams:

Cogliano 1yr left
Lydman UFA
Leopold/Regher - @deadline if Buffalo is out, UFA rental for playoffs.
M. Weber RFA
Comeau UFA
Sarich 1yr left
LaRose UFA
Brent UFA
Prospal UFA
Aucoin UFA
Jagr UFA
Ryder UFA
Cleary UFA
Fistric UFA
Jones UFA
Weaver 1yr left
Penner @deadline only, UFA
Cullen UFA
Bouillon UFA
Halischuk RFA
Spaling RFA
Hannan UFA
Latendresse UFA
Gonchar @deadline, UFA
Sullivan UFA
Gordon UFA
Handzus UFA
Galiardi RFA
Murray UFA
Hall UFA
MA Bergeron UFA (I hate him, better than what we're icing on 4th line/3rd pair)
Steckel UFA
Hendricks UFA
Fehr UFA
Hamrlik UFA
Erskine UFA
Antropov UFA
Ponikarovsky UFA
Clitsome UFA

Those are basically the realistic options throughout the entire league. The quality of some may be debated, but they would all improve our depth in some way, some more than others. Only players who I believe would be available and affordable. Some, obviously, based on the success of their teams.

I think your on the right track with all of the UFA players. I dont think the Rangers are going to add salary to next yr because if anything they will look to shed salary like Rupp to fit RFAs in

of the below ideally the top 3 are very good additions, some of hte others are better than what we have but a few are no better as well
Lydman
Leopold
Regher
Aucoin
Murray
MA Bergeron
Hamrlik
Erskine
Clitsome

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Only guys on the list I might think would be positive deadline additions are (only interested in UFAs btw) are maybe 1-2 of these guys for depth:

• Jagr UFA
  • Ryder UFA
  • Morrow UFA
  • Roy UFA
  • Penner UFA
  • Latendresse UFA
  • Leopold UFA
  • Regher UFA

Right now I would love to get something like this from San Jose:
  • Murray UFA
  • Galiardi RFA

But what would it take??

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
Jagr ain't coming back. As much as I love the guy, Tortorella would bench him in 2 seconds.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
On the decline, won't add much IMO. Better off revisiting Vinny Prospal ;)

Nice player, complicated logistics, high price to boot.

Thought about him, if he comes cheap its an option. Not thrilled that he'd be getting 2.55 when on his decline.

Lets wait it out and get Dan Winnick from the Ducks.

Sather will end up getting Chimera :p:

I would take Winnik AND Chimera. The Rangers want to add size and grit, that would be a great start. Let Asham/Rupp and Halpern sit.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I think your on the right track with all of the UFA players. I dont think the Rangers are going to add salary to next yr because if anything they will look to shed salary like Rupp to fit RFAs in

of the below ideally the top 3 are very good additions, some of hte others are better than what we have but a few are no better as well
Lydman
Leopold
Regher
Aucoin
Murray
MA Bergeron
Hamrlik
Erskine
Clitsome

I mostly agree. I included Weaver who has 1 year left at 1M and a few RFAs who I expect will make 1M or less because if they're a good fit, it didn't seem enough salary to be a negative. Most of the list are UFAs in line with your thinking. I agree with your list on defense and the priority you've given the players, but I think we're going t need at least one forward as well.

Some of the better UFA forward options for our needs (in no order):

Comeau
LaRose
Ryder
Cleary
Gordon
Steckel
Sullivan
Hendricks
Antropov

Status
Not open for further replies.