Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Hard to compare MDZ being traded to Staal staying. Especially with Klein coming back in the DZ trade.

Also Staal is really really good. The other is not.

I only say that because both of them (staal and MDZ) play the left side. If Staal had intent to leave, you'd think that they'd look into dealing Staal and moving MDZ up to Staal's spot, where according to HF, MDZ would shine..

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
If we were able to get Derrick Pouliot for Callahan... I'd squeal. Exactly what this team is missing.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I would LOVE Toffoli.

He's buried on LA's 4th line and still scoring, yass please.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
If Girardi wants 5.4 mil for 6 years, sather should be able to get him on a 5 year deal by bumping that up to 5.9-6.3 mil. Get that situation done then focus on Callahan, I absolutely love the idea of getting a young winger + for him.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
McKenzie said Callahan wants more than $6M per. Long term. 7-8 years. He said 7 on TSN. He said at least 7 on the NHL Network.

Now we know what these guys want. The "you don't know what they want argument" is out the window. Someone leaked those terms to TSN.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If Girardi wants 5.4 mil for 6 years, sather should be able to get him on a 5 year deal by bumping that up to 5.9-6.3 mil. Get that situation done then focus on Callahan, I absolutely love the idea of getting a young winger + for him.

i'll assume the 5.4 figure was for a 7 year term, so I can see 6.1 for 6 years with no problem. The current CBA is still in place for this deal, so if he decides to retire it's just cap hit off the books and no penalties associated.

It's worth it, regardless. What's another $1M per year going to get us on our defense?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
McKenzie said Callahan wants more than $6M per. Long term. 7-8 years. He said 7 on TSN. He said at least 7 on the NHL Network.

Now we know what these guys want. The "you don't know what they want argument" is out the window. Someone leaked those terms to TSN.

People usually leak information for a specific purpose.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
You know, it's funny... I know we want to get max value on a player, but given his UFA status... I would actually trade Callahan straight up for Toffoli. Unless it's a 1st, the pick isn't that big of a deal to me.

So would I, but that's probably because I love Toffoli and think he's what this team is missing to a tee.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I'm comfortable with overpaying for Girardi. If he'll go 6 years at the rumored 5.4, sign me up. Pains me to say, because I love him, but you just can't overpay for Callahan. Better to get the assets for him in return than to holdout hope that he'll take a discount.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If I had to choose between the two--I'd go with Girardi anyway. What he's asking is very reasonable considering he'd probably get 7 years and a lot more $ in July.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I like Toffoli. Don't know if the Wild would have interest in Callahan but Coyle is another kid I would really like to add.

One of my buddies from MN was saying their local sports radio was reporting a rumor of Coyle/Granlund + 1st + Heatley for Ryan Miller.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Pittsburgh, St Louis, Los Angeles, Sharks maybe, I could see Toronto pushing for him.

Targets:

Pitt: Dumoulin, Pouliot (probably very unlikely)
LA: Toffoli, Linden Vey
St. Louis: Berglund, Rattie, Jaskin
San Jose: Nieto
Toronto: very meh. Reilly ain't happening.

What about Vancouver? reunite Callahan with Torts.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
So, who do we consider buyers right now? I would put them in two categories: definite contenders and bubble teams that will look to make a push.

Definite Contenders:
Pittsburgh
Boston
Tampa Bay
Anaheim
Chicago
St. Louis
San Jose
Colorado
Los Angeles

Bubble Teams
Toronto
Carolina
Detroit
Columbus
Ottawa
Vancouver
Minnesota

Those are the teams I think that will be looking to buy. Obviously the bubble teams could fall off and if a Montreal or a Phoenix picks it up over the next couple of games, they could re-enter the picture.

Which of those match up the best in terms of having a need and the assets to get Callahan?

(I'd say that all of them could use a Girardi - after all, who doesn't want a solid RHD? - but it sounds like the Rangers may be more confident in signing him.)

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY

yup, i've been the biggest one with saying that.. but only bc there was no reports for the past 3-4months.. im down to trade him after reading those reports..

idk what teams want him but theres prob a number that would lineup..

g i want to keep at all cost.. plus his demands are pretty reasonable.. slats could prob get it at a fair value for both sides..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad