Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Well that was fast. Calgary should hold onto their picks and finally blow it up. If the Avs didn't match, Calgary wouldn't have any picks in the first 3 rounds. Not somewhere that the Flames should be.

SupersonicMonkey*

I just don't understand what Calgary is doing. They make some odd decisions.

O'Reilly I really wanted the player, but boy, 6 million in year 2? That's craziness. Did any of us see THAT much per year coming?

Have to think Colorado does not match and takes draft picks.

member 116805

O'Reilly I really wanted the player, but boy, 6 million in year 2? That's craziness. Did any of us see THAT much per year coming?

They matched it

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

Already matched.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Honestly, I wouldn't have matched it if I was COL. Potential TOP 5 pick in a deep draft, and a 3rd for a self-entitled kid who has never scored 20 goals. Hell Steps already scored 20.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Rangers still need two significant upgrades if they want a chance at stanley cup pie:

a)upgrade 3rd line center

b)Triggerman for the PP.

Another utility LW wouldn't hurt, but that is a luxury at this point...

our current config is good enough to get in the playoffs, and perhaps do a bit of damage. But they can't go all the way as of right now...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The PP is still their biggest problem. Solve that and this team will be MUCH more successful.

Rangers will be fine , they looked good again 2nite when healthy...........back to lookign for a depth F with some offensive skill and a Dman to round out the top 6

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rangers still need two significant upgrades if they want a chance at stanley cup pie:

a)upgrade 3rd line center

b)Triggerman for the PP.

Another utility LW wouldn't hurt, but that is a luxury at this point...

our current config is good enough to get in the playoffs, and perhaps do a bit of damage. But they can't go all the way as of right now...

Just said this , totally agree. Lets get rid of Boyle while he still has some value, get a good winger or centre back..............deal a 3rd for a another F to replace Miller.............get a PP Dman to round out top 6

UlfNilsson

Oct 17, 2011
Baltimore, MD
They have a schizophrenic PP. Sometimes they move well making quick, crisp, creative passes. But most times they stand in place and most players seem like they don't want the puck.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Flames management has been asleep at the wheel for years now.
Jay Feaster was touted as some kind of genius coming in, but I think he is handcuffed by upper management.
The Flames organization milks the Jarome Iginla and Miikka Kiprusoff as 'faces of the franchise' thing to death. Hard to blame them for doing so, since the mainstream Flames faithful seem to just follow along, led by the nose like dumb cattle.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
@Real_ESPNLeBrun:
On Avs matching O'Reilly offer, one industry source believes it's a given they'll trade him a year from now.

Not like that's a potentially toxic situation or anything.

That is the difference between a poorly run team and a well run team, like Phoenix. They ditched Turris and his toxic negotiations...I honestly don't see what Colorado is doing, here. It was time to move on. I mean, if they believe he'll net a better return at this point in time next season, more power to them...I just don't think it was worth the potential locker room issue.

SupersonicMonkey*

Flames management has been asleep at the wheel for years now.
Jay Feaster was touted as some kind of genius coming in, but I think he is handcuffed by upper management.
The Flames organization milks the Jarome Iginla and Miikka Kiprusoff as 'faces of the franchise' thing to death. Hard to blame them for doing so, since the mainstream Flames faithful seem to just follow along, led by the nose like dumb cattle.

Yeah. I understand the want/need to fill seats, but I don't think a city like Calgary needs an excuse to watch hockey. They should have traded Iginla years ago and started the rebuild/retool.

Kershaw

Why are people saying Calgary is going to be bottom 5? They've never been close to that post lockout.

SupersonicMonkey*

@Real_ESPNLeBrun:
On Avs matching O'Reilly offer, one industry source believes it's a given they'll trade him a year from now.

Not like that's a potentially toxic situation or anything.

That is the difference between a poorly run team and a well run team, like Phoenix. They ditched Turris and his toxic negotiations...I honestly don't see what Colorado is doing, here. It was time to move on. I mean, if they believe he'll net a better return at this point in time next season, more power to them...I just don't think it was worth the potential locker room issue.

They would have received Calgary's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks? Is that correct?

If I were the Avalanche I would have taken it. Knowing I still have Duchene and Stastny in the middle.

This is going to be a deep draft particularly in the first two rounds.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
They would have received Calgary's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks? Is that correct?

If I were the Avalanche I would have taken it. Knowing I still have Duchene and Stastny in the middle.

This is going to be a deep draft particularly in the first two rounds.

1st and 3rd.

Honestly, yeah, I think I would have taken it as well. That's a potential top-5 pick right there, one of Drouin/Barkov/MacKinnon. I love Ryan O'Reilly and think he's an excellent player, but those 3 players have serious offensive upside. Or Seth Jones. The Avs could use another top-4 defenseman - they have 1! In general, I'd take the proven player over the prospect, but considering what happened between the two parties, I'd have to say yes to that. If it was a better team offering it, I wouldn't even think twice about saying "no, I'll match".

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I think this makes Stasny available. Due to his cap hit, he may be a cheaper option in terms of assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad