Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Im with you. These trade proposals are taking the team more towards a rebuild, which is foolish considering Lundqvist is now on the wrong side of 30.

I disagree. The team would still be built around Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, MDZ, Richards, Nash, Hank. What is the difference between that group and last years group? Nash is the better all-around player? The "role-players" are younger and more skilled than Fedotenko, Prust, Mitchell?

I am looking more towards this organization being healthy long-term. Not just this year.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm not a sacred cows type person, except with Henrik, who is the face of our franchise.

If I see a trade that might make us better, go for it. I like Gaborik but I'd consider a deal for a Bobby Ryan+, or a Dustin Brown +, or a Phil Kessel +.

But I don't see that in the cards. My bet would be we'd get some watered down garbage, and picks that would be relevant until Henrik was 35 and our core was leaving for contracts elsewhere.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not a sacred cows type person, except with Henrik, who is the face of our franchise.

If I see a trade that might make us better, go for it. I like Gaborik but I'd consider a deal for a Bobby Ryan+, or a Dustin Brown +, or a Phil Kessel +.

But I don't see that in the cards. My bet would be we'd get some watered down garbage, and picks that would be relevant until Henrik was 35 and our core was leaving for contracts elsewhere.

Why do you say that? Mike Richards had a return that made their team better last year. That was the season he was traded.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Gabby has 1 more year on his contract. I see the value of moving him next year's deadline if he is in fact not in the long term plans.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Here is an interesting proposal from the Wings board, and this is what I am talking about by the return I would look for:

Tatar + White + Kindl + 2014 1st + 2013 2nd for Gaborik

The rangers add White who is a pending UFA to try him out. Puck-mover, good skater, gritty.

Kindl is a big guy who can skate, move the puck and has a good shot. Probably peaks out as a #5 d-man.

Tatar is a very good young, skilled player. Top-6 very soon. Electrifying and good on both ends of the rink.

(2) picks.

Definitely need more upside, IMO. Kindl is a guy who just never reached his ceiling. He's 26 now. He's a bottom-pairing guy who is decently mobile, but never really developed his other skills.

White is a bit of a malcontent when things aren't going his way. He was a headcase in Carolina, and has played himself into the press box in Detroit. Not a fan.

Tatar looks like a good player and is the only real piece that gets me excited.

Picks are what they are. I.e., a longshot at ever being something tangible. The first in 2014 might be more appealing if it was this year's.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Definitely need more upside, IMO. Kindl is a guy who just never reached his ceiling. He's 26 now. He's a bottom-pairing guy who is decently mobile, but never really developed his other skills.

White is a bit of a malcontent when things aren't going his way. He was a headcase in Carolina, and has played himself into the press box in Detroit. Not a fan.

Tatar looks like a good player and is the only real piece that gets me excited.

Picks are what they are. I.e., a longshot at ever being something tangible. The first in 2014 might be more appealing if it was this year's.

Kindl looked good last night. Skates well for a big guy and has a good shot. Not saying he is a world-beater but he is a good bottom-pairing guy. White is a good top-4 d-man who can move the puck. If he doesn't work out, then the Rangers use the cap room over the off-season.

Not saying it's this exact deal that I like, more this TYPE of deal

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Kindl looked good last night. Skates well for a big guy and has a good shot. Not saying he is a world-beater but he is a good bottom-pairing guy. White is a good top-4 d-man who can move the puck. If he doesn't work out, then the Rangers use the cap room over the off-season.

Not saying it's this exact deal that I like, more this TYPE of deal

I think I'd be looking for more. Solid piece that can play now, a high-value future, and a pick. Not sure if Detroit really has that second piece. I like Jarnkrok, but might need a bit more.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
This was the last post (before Kreider got sent down today) in the old thread

Since the Kreider demotion part was right - let us see what more might become reality here. Maybe nothing?:amazed:
Maybe lotz
Time will tell

THIS YEAR (2013)
* Kids (Miller/Kreider both) are sent to CT to develop their pro game and get minutes. Can be called up later if necessary and more progress is shown.
* Michael del Zotto, Brian Boyle, prospect (MSC/CT?) + midlevel 2013 pick traded for Ryan OReilly, Tyson Barrie & a lower 2013 pick
* Ryan O´Reilly is then signed for a 2 year bridge deal for $3,600,000 per annum.
* Steve Eminger is traded to Ottawa for an AHL mid prospect (Jessiman :amazed: ?) and a 7th round pick (2013)
* Mats Zuccarello signs a one way deal for $1,700,000 when his KHL team is eliminated from playoffs.
* Bottom pairing crease clearing D (UFA) acquired as a rental at/before the deadline for pick(s)/prospect(s). Options here include Murray, Regehr, Leopold...
* Fast & Lindberg are flown across the big pond when their SEL teams leave the playoffs to get a taste of north American hockey

FORWARDS
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.000m) / Derek Stepan ($2.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Mats Zuccarello ($1.700m) / Ryan OReilly ($3.600m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.600m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Spare = Haley/Palmieiri/Mashinter/Ferriero/Newbury (around $0.600m) or eventually bring in one more depth fwd player at deadline?

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.200m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Tyson Barrie ($0.900m) / UFA Rental D = One of Murray/Regehr/Leopold...
Stu Bickel ($0.750m) /Matt Gilroy ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

IR
Michael Sauer ($1.250m)

BUYOUTS
Chris Drury ($1.667m)
Wade Redden ($5.600m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): Enough to go around and make this work
------

NEXT YEAR (2013/2014)
* Ryan McDonagh is qualified & signed as free agent for $4,200,000 per over 4-5 years.
* Carl Hagelin is qualified & signed as free agent for $2,000,000 over 2 years.
* Derek Stepan is qualified & signed as free agent for $2,500,000 over 2 years.
* Mike Sauer is qualified & signed as free agent for $1,200,000 on a 2 way deal.
* Micheal Haley is recalled at camp.
* Dylan McIlrath is recalled at camp.
* Ferriero, Palmieri & Mashinter qualified + resigned. Start in AHL
* Lots of line combos/possibilities. Fast, Lindberg, Hrivik... on the cusp...
* Tight cap fit (for a full 23 man roster) but with lots of assets that can be used in eventual trade(s) that we might want to make (or new signings)...

FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.000m) / Derek Stepan ($2.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Mats Zuccarello ($1.700m) / Ryan O´Reilly ($3.600m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / J.T. Miller ($1.244m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)
Arron Asham ($1.000m) / Micheal Haley ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.200m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Tyson Barrie ($0.900m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
Stu Bickel ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000;
CAP PAYROLL: $65,060,000
BONUSES: $2,110,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $425,000

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think I'd be looking for more. Solid piece that can play now, a high-value future, and a pick. Not sure if Detroit really has that second piece. I like Jarnkrok, but might need a bit more.

So you would be looking at:

Jarnkrok + Tatar + pick?

Maybe:

Tatar + Jurco + 1st?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
So you would be looking at:

Jarnkrok + Tatar + pick?

Maybe:

Tatar + Jurco + 1st?

Probably something close to the first one. Jurco doesn't do it for me. I think Jarnkrok has some solid upside and could probably be a contender in camp for a roster spot. Get a guy who is NHL-ready in Tatar, and a guy with quality upside who is close to banging down the door in Jarnkrok. Plus maybe a 2nd round pick with a small piece going back to Detroit.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Probably something close to the first one. Jurco doesn't do it for me. I think Jarnkrok has some solid upside and could probably be a contender in camp for a roster spot. Get a guy who is NHL-ready in Tatar, and a guy with quality upside who is close to banging down the door in Jarnkrok. Plus maybe a 2nd round pick with a small piece going back to Detroit.

I mean I would be in favor of that. I would be in favor of getting just one of those young guys though.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Why is Mike Sauer resigned? He is likely done, as sad as this is.

If the brass feels like there is a chance he could possibly recover and play again (wasting a contract - yes I know) then signing him to a one year two year deal might not be the dumbest thing

If not - you are totally right...

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Jarnkrok > Jurco. Jarnkrok and Tatar as a the basis for a deal would get me pondering. You're talking about two solid prospects with serious second line potential.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd really like to get a nasty scoring forward back in a deal for Gaborik, but they're few and far between. Jarnkrok and Tatar have solid offensive upside, but they're certainly not big. Iron hook is a wizard with the puck though and can really skate.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I'd really like to get a nasty scoring forward back in a deal for Gaborik, but they're few and far between. Jarnkrok and Tatar have solid offensive upside, but they're certainly not big. Iron hook is a wizard with the puck though and can really skate.

This is what I'd really like. This team doesn't have enough players that can create scoring chances out of nothing based simply off their ability to handle the puck. Nash can do it, but his success rate when facing heavy pressure isn't great. Occassionally he will pull off some magic move, but most tries, he just turns the puck over.

TreeSapLlama

Sep 24, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I wonder if there is any potential for a Gaborik for Perry swap. Obviously Perry is more valueable, but apparently there is a rumor that he isn't interested in resigning in Anaheim.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I wonder if there is any potential for a Gaborik for Perry swap. Obviously Perry is more valueable, but apparently there is a rumor that he isn't interested in resigning in Anaheim.

He'd have to agree to an extension with us, and I think he'll want to test the market. Plus it basically puts us in the same situation cap and roster wise. 3 top-six RW's and only 2 spots. Two of whom make huge money.

What we really need is a right-handed shot who can play the off wing and score from outside the dots. That, IMO, would be ideal.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
This is what I'd really like. This team doesn't have enough players that can create scoring chances out of nothing based simply off their ability to handle the puck. Nash can do it, but his success rate when facing heavy pressure isn't great. Occassionally he will pull off some magic move, but most tries, he just turns the puck over.

Yeah, we could definitely use more players who are confident with the puck on their stick and can create something out of nothing. We have a lot of opportunistic players that comprise our offense and when the opportunities aren't there, the scoring dries up.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
so with the talk of possibly buying richards out at the end of the season, is it even plausible that a deal w the avs could involve richards?

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
so with the talk of possibly buying richards out at the end of the season, is it even plausible that a deal w the avs could involve richards?

If Richards is bought out, he becomes a free agent (I believe) and we can't trade him.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012

If he stayed with the Avs and retired before his contract was up, the Rangers would be on the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad