Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If Richards is bought out, he becomes a free agent (I believe) and we can't trade him.

i was saying if the team is considering buying him out, aka not having him here, could they just look into making a move w the avs for ror instead using richards rather than buying him out if he agrees to waive his nmc (which i doubt he would do)

Jan 8, 2012
NY
IDK if ROR signs it. He doesn't want to be in Denver. He probably won't risk the Avs matching it. But at least there's some progress!

Jan 8, 2012
NY
ROR signs the offer sheet.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
Ryan O'Reilly has signed the #flames offer sheet. Compensation to #avs is a first- and third-round pick if they don't match.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Welp, either way that takes ROR out of the mix for the Rangers - CAL didn't sign him to trade him and if COL matches, they're prohibited from trading him for a year.

With a $6.5m qualifying offer, we can probably pursue O'Reilly as a UFA next summer, after buying out Richards, if we strike out on Malkin. :naughty:

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Wow, $10M, 2year deal for O'Reilly. It will be interesting to see if Calgary matches. A 1st and a 3rd isn't much compensation imo. But if Calgary ends up with a top 5 pick and Colorado gets one as well it could send them up pretty well long-term as this draft seems to have some gems in the top 6-7 picks.

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
Would have loved O'Reilly but I'm not sure how realistic a scenario that ever was. At least he'll be out of the way in the West no matter what happens with the offer sheet.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Well, time to move on from O'Reilly. I really wanted to bring him to the Rangers this year but it looks like it wasn't meant to be.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
That's what Colorado gets for trying a to fetch a Mike Richards-type return for ROR.

Unless Calgary becomes worse and the Avs end up with a top 5 pick.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
With a $6.5m qualifying offer, we can probably pursue O'Reilly as a UFA next summer, after buying out Richards, if we strike out on Malkin. :naughty:

Will we have room for Malkin after signing Getz and Perry this summer?

:sarcasm:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
i was saying if the team is considering buying him out, aka not having him here, could they just look into making a move w the avs for ror instead using richards rather than buying him out if he agrees to waive his nmc (which i doubt he would do)

Well, it's too late now... :laugh:

But, if ROR didn't sign the offer sheet, I still don't think Colorado would want Richards's contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark