Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
did I say I wish/hope:laugh:

I just dont want them to give Gabby away, he could all of a sudden start sniping.

Cap wise it makes sense for them to move him in the offseason atleast, get a back in the draft with a 1st plus a good winger and prospect

What would San Jose give up? I assume Pavelski is in the same category as Eriksson.............I dont mind Boyle but they need Clowe back as well. Just worried that helps the D a ton but leaves the Forward group waaaaay worse

I hope you're not suggesting a package centered around gaborik for clowe....

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I hope you're not suggesting a package centered around gaborik for clowe....

nah Dan Boyle on D but even then its not enough, they need a Forward back to replace Gaborik and Clowe has well no goals last time i looked

the Wings are a team that have been kind of stale for a while...........would they move Franzen since he has as long contract? that would be ideal

if not do the Rangers take something like Filpula, White both UFA, Abdeklader and ideally a top prospect like Nyquist( i wish but doubt/likely another or 1st) for Gaborik, Boyle, Gilroy , Bickel?..............that's obviously alot of bodies

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I feel like there are a number of guys who quite simply don't fit this team and should be moved for that reason as much as lack of performance. In fact, I think the lack of performance has more to do with the poor fit than lack of talent or even effort.

Getting rid of guys like Gaborik and Boyle (regardless of how much he's "loved" in the locker room) would be additions, not just in terms of what they might bring back, but also by subtraction - because their removal would eliminate burdens to this team playing more cohesively.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I feel like there are a number of guys who quite simply don't fit this team and should be moved for that reason as much as lack of performance. In fact, I think the lack of performance has more to do with the poor fit than lack of talent or even effort.

Getting rid of guys like Gaborik and Boyle (regardless of how much he's "loved" in the locker room) would be additions, not just in terms of what they might bring back, but also by subtraction - because their removal would eliminate burdens to this team playing more cohesively.

I still say can Torts. Let's face it, the man is a one trick pony who doesn't have a clue what to do with this except for shifting players all over the place.

Get a new coach and if Gabby and others are playing like **** (Which would mean getting into the postseason is less than zero), I'd start trading away players.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Sorry not interested in that. Raymond has been lights out for us this year, even though he's a FA at years end he's still a valuable piece to us. Anything else of interest? Maybe Higgins? Futures?

We already had Higgins fail here in NY. And I guess futures could help us. This season is being flushed down the toilet anyway.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Rangers Yotes trade proposal

Rangers trade Brian Boyle and Ryan Bourque
Yotes trade Raffi Torres and Phil Lane

Rangers need more offense from the bottom lines. Yes Torres is wreckless at times but when he is not, he does have some talent..

Even if he's reckless and stupid at times he'd bring some intensity to the games, something that just don't exist on this team atm.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
We already had Higgins fail here in NY. And I guess futures could help us. This season is being flushed down the toilet anyway.

What type of futures would be of interest? I still think you guys could turn the ship around, so it would make the futures thing moot. But just for conversation sake what would be of interest?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I was really excited for the trade deadline a month ago. Thinking some big name rental players may be available. Never really thought they would be on the outside looking in during the third quarter of this season. I'm not so sure making a big move is in the plans anymore. Not so sure if they are buyers or sellers at this point?

Last edited:

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Honestly, I don't see any trade line moves that are going to help this team significantly.

They may move some people to open some cap or get draft picks.

But nothing would help all that much at this point imo..

Ranger have systemic problems..

Jan 8, 2012
NY
What type of futures would be of interest? I still think you guys could turn the ship around, so it would make the futures thing moot. But just for conversation sake what would be of interest?

Not gonna lie, I'm not too familiar with Canucks prospects, and there's no point in going to HF and picking guys out of a hat.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Both players had their best seasons here with this coach and this system and now they don't fit?

Trident

Jan 12, 2013
He disappears in the playoffs so if he can't do it in the regular season any longer, get rid of him while you can get something decent in return, before he completely falls of the cliff.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Both players had their best seasons here with this coach and this system and now they don't fit?

I think so. Those squads were slower and more built to work the zone. For better or for worse, this team is more north/south, fast and physical. They're a lot more Callahan/Hagelin and a lot less Gabby/Anisimov, if you follow me.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe both those players - if they were having good seasons - would be able to fit as well with this squad as they did with the previous years' squads. But, don't you see their play (not their quality of play, but their style of play) not fitting in with the current squad? That's what I see.

Richards, on the other hand, seems to be playing closer to the same style as the rest of the team - he's just doing it terribly, terribly badly.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think so. Those squads were slower and more built to work the zone. For better or for worse, this team is more north/south, fast and physical. They're a lot more Callahan/Hagelin and a lot less Gabby/Anisimov, if you follow me.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe both those players - if they were having good seasons - would be able to fit as well with this squad as they did with the previous years' squads. But, don't you see their play (not their quality of play, but their style of play) not fitting in with the current squad? That's what I see.

Richards, on the other hand, seems to be playing closer to the same style as the rest of the team - he's just doing it terribly, terribly badly.

This team is more physical than last years team? I certainly disagree with that.

Drewbackatu*

That's right pal, they don't fit here anymore because one of them has zero offensive ability and the other one is a lazy pos who only plays when he's in the mood!

Dorado*

Buy out Brad
Get best available package for Gaborik
Boyle
PYatt
ASHAM
Girardi .
Play all your kids including the swedes
It's over this team is t pulling a LAk there's no Drew Doughty on this team face it

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Buy out Brad
Get best available package for Gaborik
Boyle
PYatt
ASHAM
Girardi .
Play all your kids including the swedes
It's over this team is t pulling a LAk there's no Drew Doughty on this team face it

Posting the same stuff over and over again doesnt make it any less stupid.

Complete roster turnover has done wonders for this squad - lets do it again! Im having so much fun with the current turnover!

Trading Girardi is just the cherry on top of your **** sundae.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany