Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorado*

Where are we going to he some offensive production and at less two legit top 3 centers then ?
Or are you in the camp that Ricjards is going to " come out of it " and Gaborik will return to form . Your the one that is stupid

Dorado*

So your content with more missed playoffs or out in ones . This was a poor reconstruct . Rip off the band aid quick it hurts less

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The point about how Richards and Gaborik dont fit anymore?

No, I cant agree with that. I think the fact they're not playing well is on them and doesnt have much to do at all with a system/style of play.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm not looking for a ledge because this team has lost 3 of 4, but its painfully obvious that this team isn't as good as it was last season, and we didn't have Nash last season.
Last season we had Gaborik having a good year and Richards, despite not putting up tonnes of points, was still a top line centre that let the rest of the pieces fall in the right place. This season we have Nash and Callahan going, and Stepan/Hagelin are providing our secondary but then black holes in the bottom 6.
As much as I'm opposed to trading Gaborik, if we can get a couple of second line players to bump guys like Boyle down from the third line, I'd do it. We are at the 50 contract limit so Gaborik would have to be lumped together with 1 or 2 AHL redundancies, preferably 2 so we could still add something (maybe Zucc, maybe a trade deadline acquisition)
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash works, and it clicked for a good stretch. Richards and Callahan is the making of a great line with Zucc or a piece from a potential Gaborik trade. JT Miller would slot in nicely into the third line C spot with Zucc and a potential Gaborik trade or both pieces from a potential trade.
We can't do top 6 bottom 6. Toronto tried it last year and look where they ended up. We do have 3 top players, despite two of them not playing like top players, but in todays NHL u need top 9 bottom 3. No more Boyle or Haley on the third line.
How much better would we all feel if we had a competent scoring threat third line, and Boyle Halpern Pyatt on the 4th line, where they belong

Respecfully, nothing wrong with what you said, but looking to thread the needle with the ideal deal is part of what is killing us.

We need to move Gabby, principally because of cap. it is that simple.
I want the very best deal possible.

If that is higher end prospects with more upside that second liners, I take THAT deal.
Long term healthy add.
Not the artificial sugar high.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I still say can Torts. Let's face it, the man is a one trick pony who doesn't have a clue what to do with this except for shifting players all over the place.

Get a new coach and if Gabby and others are playing like **** (Which would mean getting into the postseason is less than zero), I'd start trading away players.

and replace him with who? ignoring the fact that we always have an excuse for why the lazy crap players can't do their jobs, first it was renney was too nice, now its torts is too mean. so who is the magical coach that you are gonna hire to get this group of losers to suddenly start playing well?

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
stop with this trading the entire team away, especially girardi...we're just not playing well, the entire team and last i checked you cant trade/fire the entire team.. only pieces moving would be gabs and buyout for richards, which prob wont happen till next year..the shorten season, no training camp.. and the addition of more then half our offensive roster killed us so far, bc noones playin as a team, we've had glimpes of it and i think we're still in a good position being a game out with 2 games inhand of some teams.. so everyone relax.. stop being Dr Jekyl/mr hyde.. we'll pull it together it may be to late but lets see if this team has some balls and show some heart the rest of the way..

we have a good core of guys... it seems like the same fwds though keep showing up and noone else is..

step, hags, callahan, nash (had a rough game td) but they try their ***** off each and every night..

its up to the rest of the fwds to match their game.. Richards/gabs enough is enough they need to be off the team if they dont get their **** together and quick.. rather play young guys..

we need toughness in bottom six, energy guys that dont give a **** and play a physical game and stand up for teammates and provide a spart.. we've had that for years with avery, prust, etc..

get me torres, neil, ott, clowe anything that adds toughness..

Kershaw

Yeah I think the time to move Girardi will be next season.

He'll probably make the Olympic team due to reputation and Sather can use that as a benchmark to shuffle in more high end assets from teams.

I don't trust his durability, he's always taking and on the receiving end of big hits and blocks the most shots in the league. His body will be worn out soon from all that grinding.

He'll rightfully so demand 6m+ at that point, so next season is when we move him for a good prospect and 1st. Lots of teams, Vancouver/Detroit, etc require a RH top pair d-man.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

He'll probably make the Olympic team due to reputation and Sather can use that as a benchmark to shuffle in more high end assets from teams.

I don't trust his durability, he's always taking and on the receiving end of big hits and blocks the most shots in the league. His body will be worn out soon from all that grinding.

He'll rightfully so demand 6m+ at that point, so next season is when we move him for a good prospect and 1st. Lots of teams, Vancouver/Detroit, etc require a RH top pair d-man.

Yea, you have every right to believe this, being as hes missed 4 games in 6 seasons and all.

Dorado*

Doughty , Weber , Letang , Keith , Phaneuf , Burns , Pietrangelo all come to mind for team Canada with Staal as well . Girardi on international ice I see as a poor selection given his lack of foot speed

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
move girardi... what are you guys out of your mind??? we lose games and this is what it comes to on here? please everyone keep your silly comments to yourself..

you are aware girardi and mcd played against Pitts top line and didn't let crosby have a point (16game point streak vs NYR) and they didn't do anything against them, until there was a miss match with crosbys line vs Strals and DZ where Dupres scored.. lets be smart on here.. one week its step, next week its gabs, now its Girardi and Mcd.. you guys are to much....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Even if he made Team Canada, and even if they wanted to trade him, how does making Team Canada increase his trade value? GMs already know what they are getting with Girardi. Making the Olympic team is a stupid reason to justify value.

Also lol @ his durability. Dude is the most durable guy on the team.

Kershaw

Girardi doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being on Team Canada. He'd probably be on Team Canada C.

I dunno, I think he's built a reputation as a 'warrior' that shows heart, grit and is solid defensively. He was really good last year and the media took note of it. Elliot Friedman asked some coaches around the league last year and they said that Girardi deserved Norris votes for his defensive play alone. Like I said, reputation.

Dorado*

move girardi... what are you guys out of your mind??? we lose games and this is what it comes to on here? please everyone keep your silly comments to yourself..

you are aware girardi and mcd played against Pitts top line and didn't let crosby have a point (16game point streak vs NYR) and they didn't do anything against them, until there was a miss match with crosbys line vs Strals and DZ where Dupres scored.. lets be smart on here.. one week its step, next week its gabs, now its Girardi and Mcd.. you guys are to much....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's awesome that Crosby didnt score . Unfortunately other players on PITT did on no one on NY did .
I think Cam Neely said it best , " CAN'T WIN 0-0 "

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Anyone see the HNIC Hot Stove? Vancouver interested in Gáborík?

what Rangerboy said

Stock also said Torts is using the media to call out his top players...........the guys dont like that, needs to stop. Other guys said he's not going anywhee

Healy for once in his life said something that made sense.........Torts led the tam to top in the East, Jack Adam finalist, he hasnt become stupid in 20 games

they wont give Gabby away, they need to get depth back to think about ,wont eat salary although some teams may want them to w them worried about the cap next yr................talk about Gabby to Vancouver, but no details of how hot that is

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
on a separate note, something like Burrows, Raymond, Lapierre for Gaborik, Boyle.......just some names that may make sense

Kershaw

Friedman:

"The players feel they aren't deep enough to win it"

Writing on the wall folks. Gaborik for Weise, Higgins and a pick.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Weber, keith, doughty, Pietro, Letang, Staal, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more Canadian defenseman, who would all be better than Girardi for Team Canada. Team Canada will be looking to out-run-and-gun everyone.

Dorado*

what Rangerbly said

Stock also said Torts is using the media to call out his top players...........the guys dont like that, needs to stop. Other guys said he's not going anywhee

Healy for once in his life said something that made sense.........Torts led the tam to top in the East, Jack Adam finalist, he hasnt become stupid in 20 games

they wont give Gabby away, they need to get depth back to think about ,wont eat salary although some teams may want them to w them worried about the cap next yr................talk about Gabby to Vancouver, but no details of how hot that is

Kesler .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad