Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

I wasn't sure about Sproul, I have never seen him play. His stats look good, scouting report looks good and he is their #11 prospect.
How about Jurco + first + Sproul then

I just feel the prospects I listed are much closer to helping us now than Jurco, who I view as a project. I'd prefer Andersson to Jurco because he's already a NHL player that could help us on the bottom 6 right now and in the long haul.

Jarnkrok for example is tearing up the SEL and we could sign him with Fast and Lindberg to help the bottom 6 immediately. Sproul is a big, smooth skating RH PPQB and PMD who is tearing it in the OHL. Smith is a well seasoned prospect who came from the same program that McDonagh came from. He'd be excellent with McDonagh in the long haul. Tatar was playing with Datsyuk earlier in the year.

These are the guys we target.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I just feel the prospects I listed are much closer to helping us now than Jurco, who I view as a project. I'd prefer Andersson to Jurco because he's already a NHL player that could help us on the bottom 6 right now and in the long haul.

Jarnkrok for example is tearing up the SEL and we could sign him with Fast and Lindberg to help the bottom 6 immediately. Sproul is a big, smooth skating RH PPQB and PMD who is tearing it in the OHL. Smith is a well seasoned prospect who came from the same program that McDonagh came from. He'd be excellent with McDonagh in the long haul. Tatar was playing with Datsyuk earlier in the year.

These are the guys we target.

Jarnkrok and Tatar are off the table. That leaves Sproul.

Punxrocknyc19*

MDZ, JT for Byfuglien? fair/unfair?

no way...switch JT Miller with Boyle or a prospect like Bourque or Thomas. already giving up Del Zotto.. no need to give them two former first round picks... Boyle makes too much for what he does.. which isnt much...Rangers can find a player for less than 1.7. that can provide more offense than Boyle

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Ugh do not want Byfuglien under any circumstances. Talk about an overrated player.

Takes so many shots, extremely wasteful offensive player. Horrible DEFENSEMAN. He's basically a fourth forward out there. I can't imagine people actually want this guy, all they see is his big shot and point totals and go all googly eyed. He is as overrated player as you'll see in this league, right next to Ovechkin.

Punxrocknyc19*

Ugh do not want Byfuglien under any circumstances. Talk about an overrated player.

Takes so many shots, extremely wasteful offensive player. Horrible DEFENSEMAN. He's basically a fourth forward out there. I can't imagine people actually want this guy, all they see is his big shot and point totals and go all googly eyed. He is as overrated player as you'll see in this league, right next to Ovechkin.

i dont understand how people want him either.. im just hoping that Ryan Whitney isnt a Ranger... i can see Thomas and 3rd for Whitney at the deadline, the usual Rangers Oilers trade.. Poti 2.0 I DONT WANT EVEN ON WAIVERS SAME GOES FOR OVERRATED BUFF

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
2 questions
1 - Does google translate work ?
2 - Vad vet du om honom som vi inte vet?

:nod:

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmström, Franzén, Ericsson, Nyqvist, Andersson, Filppula, Tatar, Samuelsson( via brorsan), mm . Jag vet han gillar fiske. Och CCR.Tumba Guy, like me kind of...

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmström, Franzén, Ericsson, Nyqvist, Andersson, Filppula, Tatar, Samuelsson( via brorsan), mm . Jag vet han gillar fiske. Och CCR.Tumba Guy, like me kind of...

Help me out here, google translate says:
I know he likes fishing. And CCR.

Gabotrick

Nov 25, 2011
I still think we could get the best offers out of Ottawa, they offered up Mika, Bishop and a pick for Gaborik, which I would take any day of the week. Anyone else feeling positive about their offers?

Dorado*

I still think we could get the best offers out of Ottawa, they offered up Mika, Bishop and a pick for Gaborik, which I would take any day of the week. Anyone else feeling positive about their offers?

Who offered their fans ?

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

I don't know, it depends if trades are being carried through the HF boards...

Dorado*

Gaborik would actually be a good fit there .Paul Maclean has adapted well to the new NHL . Torts the Clown , well he has the 6 goalie system and the dump n chase . Under Torts the Clown he has our players convinced there are sharks with laser beams on their head in the middle Of the ice and only safe area is along the boards .

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/stl130314.html

Chris Stewart right now playing for the St. Louis Blues is on the trade market, according to the article Darren Dereger say his "...his name is out there..."

Being in the west I never heard much about him until I heard him get traded from Colorado to St. Louis. His stats are pretty good looks like he had a down season last year, but with that as the exception the year before and this year he is 20-30 goal scorer. He is willing to fight and stand up for his teammates, which just feels is something missing from the Rangers right now. He plays that North American style the Torts loves. Last season I would have said no way, but losing Dubi and Prust both willing to drop the gloves if needed and stand up for their teammates is evidently missing thus far this season. Here are a couple videos:

Standing up for a teammate

Scores a hat trick, 3 different types of goals (front of the net, slap shot, penalty shot)

I was just looking at the fourth period website and saw his name there and the article says St. Louis is looking for a #4 dman, when staal comes back you could try moving MDZ or Stralman. I think Stralman has come into his own here and while MDZ adds a lot, he is still pretty inconsistent, I'd hate to see him go, but this could be the move the rangers need to get straightened out.

I'm proposing:
NYR gets:
Chris Stewart
3rd Rounder

STL gets:
MDZ
Boyle

The reason I think both of them is because it will allow us to bring up either Kreider or Hrivik. I think both those players (Kreider and Hrivik) are going to be very important to the Rangers as the season goes on and into the playoffs.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/stl130314.html

Chris Stewart right now playing for the St. Louis Blues is on the trade market, according to the article Darren Dereger say his "...his name is out there..."

Being in the west I never heard much about him until I heard him get traded from Colorado to St. Louis. His stats are pretty good looks like he had a down season last year, but with that as the exception the year before and this year he is 20-30 goal scorer. He is willing to fight and stand up for his teammates, which just feels is something missing from the Rangers right now. He plays that North American style the Torts loves. Last season I would have said no way, but losing Dubi and Prust both willing to drop the gloves if needed and stand up for their teammates is evidently missing thus far this season. Here are a couple videos:

Standing up for a teammate

Scores a hat trick, 3 different types of goals (front of the net, slap shot, penalty shot)

I was just looking at the fourth period website and saw his name there and the article says St. Louis is looking for a #4 dman, when staal comes back you could try moving MDZ or Stralman. I think Stralman has come into his own here and while MDZ adds a lot, he is still pretty inconsistent, I'd hate to see him go, but this could be the move the rangers need to get straightened out.

I'm proposing:
NYR gets:
Chris Stewart
3rd Rounder

STL gets:
MDZ
Boyle

The reason I think both of them is because it will allow us to bring up either Kreider or Hrivik. I think both those players (Kreider and Hrivik) are going to be very important to the Rangers as the season goes on and into the playoffs.

NYR gets:
Chris Stewart
SLB 1st Rounder

STL gets:
MDZ
Boyle
NYR 2nd rounder

Then use the Nashville & Florida 3rd round picks we have to trade up to nab a 2nd rounder at the draft. Use the NYR 3rd round pick as a piece for getting a rental defender at the deadline. Keep the CBJ conditional hoping we do not get to use it. If we do - then so be it. Try to dump one of our spare defenders (Eminger/Gilroy/Bickel) for a 7th rounder to a team with injuries needing defensive depth

See how easy that was? ;)

Last edited:

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
NYR gets:
Chris Stewart
SLB 1st Rounder

STL gets:
MDZ
Boyle
NYR 2nd rounder

Then use the Nashville & Florida 3 round picks to trade up to nab a 2nd rounder at the draft. Use the NYR 3rd round pick as a piece for getting a rental defender at the deadline. Keep the CBJ conditional hoping we do not get to use it. If we do - then so be it. Try to dump one of our spare defenders (Eminger/Gilroy/Bickel) for a 7th rounder to a team with injuries needing defensive depth

See how easy that was? ;)

even better...get it done slats!

Dorado*

Wait ! a month ago MDZ was too good and young to trade for a promising young center and now we are shipping him out for Chris Stewart ?

Punxrocknyc19*

Chris Stewart? The Rangers can do better than him for DZ. Stewart needs someone to kick him in the ass to play hard.

maybe Torts can get the best out of him. power forwards are hard to find...if the Rangers got Stewart and a first for Del Zotto and Boyle. i wouldnt mind, then maybe Gaborik can be dealt for a dman.. maybe Gaborik to Wings for Smith, Nyquist and Nedomlel

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Stewart's the kind of player that shows up one out of every four games. With Win moving West next year, I would consider a Gaborik for Bogosian package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad