Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Anaheim won't go near the finals, 1st/2nd round exit on the cards for them IMO. They have 3 players shooting over 20%, 8 players shooting over 14%, and are getting outplayed 5v5. Their hot start will ensure them a mid-seed for the playoffs, but they aren't a contender.

St: Louis will go farther than Anaheim in the post season. LA/CHI/STL are the top teams in the West.

One more reason -- Fasth has plenty of holes. Glove side high. He'll be exposed the second time around the league.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Damn, so much for my fantasy of getting Getzlaf here after buying out Richards...haha.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
One more reason -- Fasth has plenty of holes. Glove side high. He'll be exposed the second time around the league.

Fasth carried my favourite SEL team kicking and screaming to the playoffs and then made short work of the #1 seed two years running (4-0 and 4-1). He was just as dominant as Lundqvist was in the SEL. I may be biased, but I believe he has the ability to be a top-15 goaltender in the NHL.

I don't believe he'll be the reason the Ducks fall in the standings.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Getzlaf was close to getting a deal in September. His family lives in Anaheim during the summer too. He was going to stay. Perry has the desire to test free agency. He will get a high AAV in a 7 year deal as a free agent. The Ducks will probably trade him in the next month. Roster player,top prospect and #1 pick to rent Perry.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
even though Miller had done well and he has a bright future I rather go out and deal Boyle, Zuccarello's rights, , 3rd and suuure throw in Bickel:nod: for another C. It can be a guy that has a yr or two left on his deal if its the right cap hit.

If Asham is healthy I think Haley is a good backup for toughness, Bickel really is expendable when Staal is back, Hamrlik in and Gilroy, Eminger as spares

In the playoffs are they really going to play Bickel anyway?

I'm discussing reality... not NHL 13..

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Contract Term limit plus a tight year to year variable pretty much eliminates home town discounts.

We are going to have the same problems with our guys when the time comes.

Salary Caps....gotta love'em

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
They are still buying out Richards, regardless of who is on the free agent market in two years.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Man that's a lot of money. Perry is going to have a field day in free agency.

Almost makes Gaborik look like a bargain. :naughty:

Or, makes you reconsider moving him in fear of what he and many others will ask for once they get to UFA. Young cheap talent will be even more important.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
They are still buying out Richards, regardless of who is on the free agent market in two years.

I agree. I was more poking fun at the people who kept on say "but it'll be ok! we'll just sign Getzlaf!"

Actually, with the way Stepan is progressing, it isn't out the realm of possibility that we'll need a 2nd line center and not a 1st.

Paul Stastny, Joe Pavelski... an aged Henrik Sedin turning himself into Saku Koivu?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Or, makes you reconsider moving him in fear of what he and many others will ask for once they get to UFA. Young cheap talent will be even more important.

I just don't see how this team can keep him without seriously handcuffing ourselves financially. Assuming Richards isn't bought out anyway, but what would be the point? The best UFA center on the market just re-signed for more money than we could have even hoped to have offered.

I'm a big fan of Gaborik and I'd hate to see the guy go, but he's the odd man out here. Nash and Callahan are our top-six RW's, and keeping McDonagh, Stepan, and Hagelin while maintaining some semblance of cap flexibility is absolutely vital.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I agree. I was more poking fun at the people who kept on say "but it'll be ok! we'll just sign Getzlaf!"

Actually, with the way Stepan is progressing, it isn't out the realm of possibility that we'll need a 2nd line center and not a 1st.

Paul Stastny, Joe Pavelski... an aged Henrik Sedin turning himself into Saku Koivu?

Summer of 2014 Malkin is a UFA

just sayin

:amazed:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I just don't see how this team can keep him without seriously handcuffing ourselves financially. Assuming Richards isn't bought out, but what would be the point? The best UFA center on the market just re-signed for more money than we could have even hoped to have offered.

I'm a big fan of Gaborik and I'd hate to see the guy go, but he's the odd man out here. Nash and Callahan are our top-six RW's, and keeping McDonagh, Stepan, and Hagelin while maintaining some semblance of cap flexibility is absolutely vital.

Exactly my thinking as well. This off-season is when it should be done. They need to re-stock the system and it is the easiest way to do it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I just don't see how this team can keep him without seriously handcuffing ourselves financially. Assuming Richards isn't bought out, but what would be the point? The best UFA center on the market just re-signed for more money than we could have even hoped to have offered.

I have a feeling both Richards is bought out and Gaborik is moved.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Exactly my thinking as well. This off-season is when it should be done. They need to re-stock the system and it is the easiest way to do it.

They need to get players who can play now. If they can add to the system while they're at it, that's a bonus, IMO. If Richards continues to be a shell of himself, then they may need to consider moving Gaborik for another center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad