Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Robinson, Stortini, 7th to SJ for Wingels

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
First 30 days nothing covered then 80% I believe.

Question I have does he have to retire before there is any payout. I think that's the case but not sure, wonder what happened in Savard's case. Plus I think Mac gives it another go in September.

Also to the posters hoping for something big, PD said to Ian today that you don't give up blue chip prospects that are 1 -2 years away. Glad to hear hear, that probably means Chabot, White and Brown are not going anywhere.

Unless they gat a very good NHL player in return.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I hear Melnyk is flying him in economy class and he wouldn't even spend for an exit row seat.

Its funny people give Melynk a hard time yet a deal Toronto did early in the fall they had the other team retain and I did not hear Mlse so cheap.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
You can talk about salary all you want but the people on TSN claimed other teams couldn't make the numbers work.

Taking on unnecessary salary and cap hit just to send a message sounds like a tough guy smashing something over his head to prove how tough he is... and then he ends up in the hospital getting stitches.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You can talk about salary all you want but the people on TSN claimed other teams couldn't make the numbers work.

Taking on unnecessary salary and cap hit just to send a message sounds like a tough guy smashing something over his head to prove how tough he is... and then he ends up in the hospital getting stitches.

Yep.

Smart managing is not being cheap.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Well, he's UFA at the end of the season, so it's not like we're saddled with a bad contract for long. Besides, we definitely need an upgrade on the 4th line.

In other news, it's quite disappointing to see the lack of recognition around the league with Ottawa. I was checking out the Sharks board seeing their reactions of the trade, and you'd think Ottawa was last in the league or something, the way several posters talked. Funny thing, they are 9th in the league, while we are 11th with 3 less games played....yet somehow San Jose is a great team and Ottawa is trash. :help:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Well, he's UFA at the end of the season, so it's not like we're saddled with a bad contract for long. Besides, we definitely need an upgrade on the 4th line.

In other news, it's quite disappointing to see the lack of recognition around the league with Ottawa. I was checking out the Sharks board seeing their reactions of the trade, and you'd think Ottawa was last in the league or something, the way several posters talked. Funny thing, they are 9th in the league, while we are 11th with 3 less games played....yet somehow San Jose is a great team and Ottawa is trash. :help:

It will be that much sweeter when we sweep them in the finals.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Its about 700k for the year as it turns out... not much of a deterrent

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Ill admit I skipped the whole thread, but Ive been drinking so idgaf. Wingels can fly and forecheck, but is a bottom six forward as he is very limited in the creative offense department eh? Am I 100% off here?

Does this also mean Dzingel is all but sure gone to Vegas..?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ill admit I skipped the whole thread, but Ive been drinking so idgaf. Wingels can fly and forecheck, but is a bottom six forward as he is very limited in the creative offense department eh? Am I 100% off here?

No Wingels is a UFA ... doubt it has an effect.
Wingels is being brought in for the 4th line. If he can unseat Pyatt on the 3rd .. so be it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I was listening to the Sens broadcast and i believe the announcers said that the Sens were finally starting to get some respect from the other teams.

So who the **** cares about what other fans say?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I guarantee MLSE cares about real dollars.

Not when it comes to player contracts.

Unless Wingels lights it up and re-signs before the draft, Dzingel will probably be protected if our line-up looks the same in June.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Wingels will rarely - if ever - score a goal off a "snipe". Wingels scores on 1) tips, 2) rebounds, 3) scrums, and 4) odd man rushes and breakaways. I honestly think he is a very similar player to Pyatt... not quite as good defensively, a bit more physical, maybe a bit faster. Just like Pyatt, he is an ideal 4th liner who can play 3rd line duty and not cost you.

I haven't seen him much this year... sounds like he's fallen off a bit, but keep in mind that many Sharks fans said Wingels wasn't touchable in a Lehner trade. He used to be a legit 3rd liner who seemed to be trending in the direction of a Pageau or maybe even a Smith, but he's not nearly the impact player that those two are/can be. He will give you a solid 12-14 minutes, not many mistakes - especially in the neutral zone - and a decent utility player (i.e, I would rather have him move up the lineup in case of emergency illness than Kelly, even though Kelly played well tonight).

The acquisition will not affect Dzingel at all, although, if Wingels has that "just traded resurgence" and Dzingel doesn't pick it up a bit, Wingels might take some of Dzingels minutes. I doubt that though. Wingels is UFA. Immune from the expansion draft, but I think if he fits well with us and he is happy here, they will make every effort to bring him back.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I hear Melnyk is flying him in economy class and he wouldn't even spend for an exit row seat.

That's nothing!

Don't spread this around cause it may not be true but I heard that Bryan Murray is not really Irish they just said that because of the gift. Melnyk is giving Bryan his Air Miles and Ireland is as far as they would take him one way in economy.

btw) I think the 7th is worth a rental. 6th and 7th usually get you that. If he re-signs longer term that's a bonus.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I just want to hear by the PBP guy say "Wingles passes to Dzingel" or words to that effect...

Plus, Stortini and Robinson have no real future with the club anyway... Essentially a 7th round for a legit bottom 6-er.

How many players drafted between 180-210(?) have ever panned out significantly. No loss, easy trade "win". Good job Dorion.

Iamtheliquor*

Dec 15, 2015

Fans of other teams just don't watch enough sens hockey to understand where the team is right now. I'll be the first to admit when I want to watch hockey and my team isn't playing I rarely watch sens games. Even with their success this season the whole brand and marketing around them screams mediocrity.(I'm not talking about the teams performance here)Unles you're a sens fan there isn't anything too exciting to watch sens wise.

If I'm going to watch other teams play its for various reasons like, Arenas, rivalries, excitement surrounding that team, etc. The CTC looks like an overused dark pit now compared to some of the nice rinks you can see on TV.

It's not that the team is bad, it's that there isn't alot of appeal to other viewers, or viewers from other legit hockey markets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad