Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Robinson, Stortini, 7th to SJ for Wingels

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Sad to say but it should be Lazar sitting. The way his development has been handled is such a shame. He should have spent another year in JR working on the offensive side of the game, and then a year in the AHL after that. He was rushed.

It's Cameron that eff'd him over. Made it to the team on his first training camp and showed little flashes of his offensive potential and his good defensive play then everything just went downhill from there.

I just didn't see the point of him making the roster out of his first training camp, then they send him over to the world juniors to captain team Canada.

He should've just stayed one more year in JR and worked his way up the depth chart.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well allow me to say it. I went to games before Karlsson & I will go to games after Karlsson & I don't go to games now just to see Karlsson. But I do notice Stone on almost every shift he is making a great steal or a nifty pass or scoring a goal & working hard. I also go to games to see Smith & Neil & Boro play, I much prefer the tougher guys & old school hockey. Maybe it's because Karlsson always looks effortless but I can appreciate his elite skill, it helps that he is much better defensively this yr.

Every now & then Karsson will do something spectacular but it's not every shift, he makes a few bone head plays too. Turris, Hoffman & Ryan every now & then make some great plays too. I go to see the Sens play regardless of who is in the lineup, but I prefer to watch the way Stone plays over Karlsson, he's a lot more fun to watch for me, he does something neat on almost every shift these days. And I'm really enjoying watching Smith play on his line too, he is having another great season & it's great to see.

Ditto.

Stone does so many little things well. He damned near steals the puck every shift. I don't know how he does it...dude must be a jedi.

I love watching his game. He is the kind of guy who wins you hockey games, even when his name doesn't appear on the scoresheet.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
On Sunday night I was watching the Sens/Columbus game with my son and as I was saying the phrase "Man, Stone is such a thief", he literally at that moment lifted the stick and stole the puck at the CBJ blue line. Was pretty well-timed. Lol

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Mark Stone is outrageously good.
Its repeated endlessly about his thievery but no matter how many times i see it i still have a hard time believing it.

its got to the point where its weird when he's close to a guy & doesnt steal the puck.
even the stats that say he has 65 or whatever (and the next closest if 40 something) are out to lunch, ill bet he has 165, he steals or turns over pucks every single shift.
i have never seen anything like it, ever.

this is a 70-80pt range selke winner IMO.
how many of those are there in the league?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
SJS board sure hates this trade :)

& some posters seem to have a straight up hate for our team, odd.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Just listened to Wingells interview on the TSN website, and he is singing from the Boucher choir book. .... likes to play speed a game, play hard, forecheck hard, don't sacrifice defence for offensive but chip is whenever he can.

This is the Wingels of a couple of years ago... a Wingels that would have fetched more than a 7th round pick. Let's hope he can capture his old magic, but we should expect that he won't. As guys get older and experience more injuries, they generally back away from this type of game.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
This is the Wingels of a couple of years ago... a Wingels that would have fetched more than a 7th round pick. Let's hope he can capture his old magic, but we should expect that he won't. As guys get older and experience more injuries, they generally back away from this type of game.

I laughed at his interview. He said "physical" a ridiculous number of times.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

If he still has his speed then I'm cool.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I like this trade. Wingels seems to have speed + some offensive upside (even PP?). Interesting to note that he is married, but actively supports gay hockey "you can play" program FWIW.

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Mark Stone is outrageously good.
Its repeated endlessly about his thievery but no matter how many times i see it i still have a hard time believing it.

its got to the point where its weird when he's close to a guy & doesnt steal the puck.
even the stats that say he has 65 or whatever (and the next closest if 40 something) are out to lunch, ill bet he has 165, he steals or turns over pucks every single shift.
i have never seen anything like it, ever.

this is a 70-80pt range selke winner IMO.
how many of those are there in the league?

I think a part of his ability to steal pucks it the shape of his blade. I remember seeing a segment about how short the blade of his stick is and that at the tip it's shaved straight so that he can dig at the puck along the boards without having gaps between.

Hes our best forward by a mile and arguably the smartest player on the team. Ever.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Looked like a typical 4th line slow plug on the first goal for Calgary last night. Blew a tire and took his sweet time getting up, coasted into the d-zone and you don't see him again until the pucks in the net. I thought it was Chris Neil at first.

https://www.nhl.com/video/ferland-slams-in-the-rebound/t-283302824/c-48815603

Pretty funny fall, actually, not sure what happened there, looked goofy.

Doesn't look like he took an overly long time to get up, though. And I'm not sure how you know he coasted, the camera's not on him. In fact, if he had been in frame, it would mean he was way out of position. Sens players already outnumbered them 3/4 to 2 around the puck. We don't want 5 guys swarming the puck, that's novice hockey.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Wingels should be good for you guys, he is a solid utility bottom 6er. As long he's not asked to do more than that he brings a solid western-style game.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
yeah because there is a bit of competition now. they have to keep it up or sit it down. so.. yeah....good thing.
Agreed ,players arent just going to play .Just because anymore, which is a good thing .Boro is going to also have a tough time getting back into the lineup as Claesson looks like he may have arrived:handclap:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I think a part of his ability to steal pucks it the shape of his blade. I remember seeing a segment about how short the blade of his stick is and that at the tip it's shaved straight so that he can dig at the puck along the boards without having gaps between.

Hes our best forward by a mile and arguably the smartest player on the team. Ever.

Mark Stone's Pro Stock Stick, "***The blade on this stick is about 2 inches shorter than normal***"

Definitely is a more unique looking blade...

Interesting too to see that the SJS Thread has closed already :laugh:

TipfromCarp

Aug 30, 2016
Agreed ,players arent just going to play .Just because anymore, which is a good thing .Boro is going to also have a tough time getting back into the lineup as Claesson looks like he may have arrived:handclap:
Watched Claesson last night. He brings so much more than Boro, so much. Please let him at the very least alternate with Boro. That way we can have a metal hammer when needed and a velvet glove when needed.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Watched Claesson last night. He brings so much more than Boro, so much. Please let him at the very least alternate with Boro. That way we can have a metal hammer when needed and a velvet glove when needed.
Iam a Slayer fan so iam down with this :handclap::laugh:But you are absolutely right about Boro and Claesson

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good trade for the Sens. Wingels gives us a very good bottom 6 player, he even scored for us last night.

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
SJS board sure hates this trade :)

& some posters seem to have a straight up hate for our team, odd.
I like to call it the the "flavour of the year D vs Karlsson" effect. For a while, St-Louis fans were putting us down to prop up Pie. Then it was Montreal that got a boost (although that never goes away for Montreal). Then it was LA fans. This is just the continuation of the trend because Burns is the current hot commodity...

Don't get me wrong; those are all good D... but it is what it is.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Once Wingels gets up to speed on this GB system I would imagine GB might just change up the lines a little. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing these three lines:

Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Hoffman - Brassard - Wingels
- Wingels brings a little more sandpaper to the top six

That 4th line still needs some improvement & IMO what this team needs is another player just like Wingels with a little more offence. If PD could add a RW forward with some size, with some nastiness to his game, defensively responsible & who could add some scoring punch to replace Wingels on the 3rd line than Wingels could be sent back down to the 4th line. I would also like to see Nick Paul brought back up to play a few games as the season winds down. So, if they can acquire a 3rd line RWer than I would like to see a 4th line of - Paul - Lazar - Wingels.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: