Trade Proposals

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Are any teams looking to trade their imports?

The Petes' Matyas Svoboda is available.......who are you offering?
We'll take Jones or Pu.....your choice. You don't even have to include picks! :D

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Are any teams looking to trade their imports?

Rights to Sergachev :naughty:???

Think of it as compensation for Mete sticking. Montreal gets Drouin but has to send Sergachev to Tampa, who would have made their roster, thus sending Mete back down. Now if Sergachev does not play 40 games, then Tampa gets Montreal's 2nd round pick. Hunter should be giving Stevie Y a call:).

Reactions: LDN

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
wolves Lajeunesse, cadella and solokov too the greyhonds for carrol McKay , draft picks.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
wolves Lajeunesse, cadella and solokov too the greyhonds for carrol McKay , draft picks.

The Soo can't move McKay, anyways.

You can only trade your 01 first round pick in a small window just before the trade deadline. Fowler was their first rounder so he's the only 16yo they can move.

Reactions: HF92

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
The Soo can't move McKay, anyways.

You can only trade your 01 first round pick in a small window just before the trade deadline. Fowler was their first rounder so he's the only 16yo they can move.
ok then any 2000 born.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What do you guys think the price tag on Gabriel Vilardi would be? Saw he's skating/stick handling again now

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
They could if they don't move Brown and/or Luchuk. Saying that, they'd also be making a mistake not moving Brown/Luchuk. Ask Guelph..

I still believe a lot of that is revisionist history. They weren't going to blow it up in 2015 especially with the fact that Fabbri got hurt during World Juniors eliminating him as trade bait. He missed 3 months and they made the best of it. Guelph's issue has actually just been drafting good players. In 2015 after their title in 2014 they had a 1st, 2nd, 2 3rd's, a 5th, 6th, 7th. In 2016 they still had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. If you are talking from the point of view of having more picks sure but it's clear having more picks wouldn't necessarily help if they have an issue of identifying the proper players.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
ok then 2 4th round picks.
:)
Candella is 8th among D scorers, 2-3 more GP than some, still easily in that 2nd tier of 10-20. (If) he gets moved, it won’t be for less than 3(2nds+3rds)
Most contenders would find a way to fit Sokolov.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
I still believe a lot of that is revisionist history. They weren't going to blow it up in 2015 especially with the fact that Fabbri got hurt during World Juniors eliminating him as trade bait. He missed 3 months and they made the best of it. Guelph's issue has actually just been drafting good players. In 2015 after their title in 2014 they had a 1st, 2nd, 2 3rd's, a 5th, 6th, 7th. In 2016 they still had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. If you are talking from the point of view of having more picks sure but it's clear having more picks wouldn't necessarily help if they have an issue of identifying the proper players.

I disagree on this. Sure, it's clearer in hindsight, but Guelph was well behind Erie, Oshawa, and SSM all year and by the deadline they were trailing London, too--who themselves shipped players off to Oshawa. We should probably laud them for having the courage to add, but I think it was the wrong decision even at the time.

Now, there appears to be more parity in the OHL this year (unless you're a real Sarnia truther), and Guelph 2014-15 didn't have Michael DiPietro. I was really skeptical of Windsor heading into this season, and I still think I would rebuild, but I wouldn't blame Rychel for going for it. Windsor is really in unprecedented territory, though. They literally have the most barren draft pick cupboard in OHL history.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
I disagree on this. Sure, it's clearer in hindsight, but Guelph was well behind Erie, Oshawa, and SSM all year and by the deadline they were trailing London, too--who themselves shipped players off to Oshawa. We should probably laud them for having the courage to add, but I think it was the wrong decision even at the time.

Now, there appears to be more parity in the OHL this year (unless you're a real Sarnia truther), and Guelph 2014-15 didn't have Michael DiPietro. I was really skeptical of Windsor heading into this season, and I still think I would rebuild, but I wouldn't blame Rychel for going for it. Windsor is really in unprecedented territory, though. They literally have the most barren draft pick cupboard in OHL history.
Can't see Windsor going for it this year. It would be a suicide move setting us back for the next 4 years (cycle). I can see them trading Day, Brown & Luchuk. I would like to see a full rebuild and add DiPietro and Vilardi in the mix but I doubt Rychel does this. They better make sure these teams anti up their 2018 draft picks for our big 3.

Kitchener should be inquiring about Day, Brown & Luchuk to reunited with Stanley. Would require limit time for chemistry and their Memorial Cup experience could go a long ways.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

My point is Guelph still have relatively a stocked cupboard and can do that. Windsor has completely the opposite.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

ive been told they want to get to the playoffs but will move brown and day. at this point they have banked too many points to truly fall. next year with luchuk, brown gone may be the true rebuild year.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
If i stand corrected, many wanted to see Windsor sell?, I always said they can be a serious contender, when many thought they would suck this year.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If i stand corrected, many wanted to see Windsor sell?, I always said they can be a serious contender, when many thought they would suck this year.

Right now they are comfortably in 4th place in the western conference. There aren't a lot of signs that they're better than teams like Soo/Sarnia/OS. They lack the necessary depth on the ice, and lack the assets to make any moves moving forward. Luchuk has accounted for 33% of their total goals, the group of OAs, Brown and Day have accounted for 58% of their goals. That's not a recipe to be a serious contender in the least. If you want to play this game they're probably 2-3 top 6 forwards, a checking line forward, and 1-2 solid D away from contending. If you think you can get all that with their limited assets knock yourself out.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Right now they are comfortably in 4th place in the western conference. There aren't a lot of signs that they're better than teams like Soo/Sarnia/OS. They lack the necessary depth on the ice, and lack the assets to make any moves moving forward. Luchuk has accounted for 33% of their total goals, the group of OAs, Brown and Day have accounted for 58% of their goals. That's not a recipe to be a serious contender in the least. If you want to play this game they're probably 2-3 top 6 forwards, a checking line forward, and 1-2 solid D away from contending. If you think you can get all that with their limited assets knock yourself out.

Villardi should be back soon will solidify two top lines , key factor is Dipietro who can win games on his own. It might be difficult to make some moves but if they do, they are my dark horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

member 71782

Vilardi coming back is one piece. He would be on Windsor's top line but Windsor would still need two or three pieces up front let alone at least two more D.

Windsor has choices to make.

First choice, stand pat and ride things out this year, likely finishing around 6th and a first round exit.

They don't have the assets to add and would go into the 2018 draft with no picks in rounds 2 - 5.

Second choice, trade those with value who won't return next year. Brown, Day and Luchuk. In separate deals, for picks alone the max value for each.

Brown - 3 2nds and 2 3rds and a cond. 4th.

Day - 2 2nds and 2 3rds and a cond. 4th.

Luchuk - 1 2nd and 2 3rds.

How close or how far out, players involved would affect any actual returns but for arguments sake lets say over the next 3 drafts.

Gets them a decent amount of picks back in the cupboard for the immediate future to actually start rebuilding with, still leaves some holes and they still have DiPietro, Vilardi and Boka to deal next year.

Choice three, deal DiPietro this year as well. Bet on Vilardi returning next year to deal after a full year to recover. Move Boka next year when he likely has greater value after another year playing a bigger role.

DiPietro - 4 2nds and 2 3rds and someone's 1st rounder from 2017 or a very good 17 year old.

DiPietro alone seems pricey but with another full season and potential (likely doubtful) OA year he justifies the cost. A team looking for two pieces, a goaltender and take your pick of top line centre, top pairing D or OA centre who can play in any situation would be wise to pick him up with one of Brown, Day or Luchuk. A package deal that includes DiPietro allows a team to spread picks out over a longer period, further out and is palatable to Windsor since they need picks out well into the future. Maybe add a second 17 year old to the return.

Windsor keeping DiPietro is a mistake IMO since his value would drop next season plus they would be in a tough spot in goal with no one in their system prepared to step into the starters role when they really need it.

Choice four, move Vilardi this year as well. If teams have any concerns he won't bring any more value this year compared to next but if he does well there is always the risk he doesn't return next year and Windsor loses him for nothing.

Vilardi - 3 2nds and 3 3rds and someone's 2017 1st rounder or very good 17 year old.

To me, value wise

DiPietro > Vilardi > Brown > Day >/= Stanley > Luchuk.

Of Windsor's top 5 remaining only Vilardi should be considered to remain. His value this year, next year is about equal because of his current injury. If he returns next year, is fully healthy and performs at the highest level he could carry a higher value.

Reactions: Patverbeek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad