Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The real deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiktaumme

Feb 23, 2018
It would take a much better offer than that to get Karlsson. I can't see the Sens being very interested in trading EK for an older and worse defenseman with a big cap hit, a top 9 forward, a mystery pick, and a second rounder from a rival.

The talk is that the Sens are looking for 5-6 good peices for Karlsson. I doubt we could afford EK without completely gutting our entire future. Besides, we have enough bad contracts as it is without taking on Ryan.

It's a moot point anyway imo, considering Bergevin seems to be more intent on trading away skilled puck moving defensemen rather than actually bringing them in.

The Sens can't expect to get the whole planet for Karlsson if the other team has to also take a 4 years/7.25M$ problem. Of course the proposal isn't perfect, some things can obviously change.

And sure the Sens want 5-ish good pieces for Karlsson.... but pretty sure offering another elite dman for him can change that a bit.

The main thing the Sens are trying to do is still save money, or they would just keep Karlsson forever. And they do still have to get to the salary floor, and that's where Weber becomes interesting.

Weber is older, and worse (just like every dman in the world when we speak of EK), but paying only 30M$ in salary in 8 years to a dman like Weber is awesome for them, and Weber would also make a greaaat partner/mentor to a guy like Chabot. And if Weber's cap hit eventually becomes a problem, it'll be extremely easy to buyout.

Anyway, the whole point of this is that i'm convinced that swapping Weber + a couple of young assets that are not actually REALLY needed here for Karlsson is actually the only move possible that could save this team without doing a complete rebuild.

And we still need to find a top 6 center to acquire for Pacioretty, since my six top 9 wingers would be Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Ryan, Hudon and Scherbak.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Brassard got 3 pieces back. As Pacioretty, he got 1 year left on his deal.
1st round pick for this year
A good prospect (Was a 2nd rounder in 2016)
A 3rd pieces (Which will probably be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick)

I think Pacioretty is worth a lot more than Brassard.
This summer or before monday, the return should be better than that.

There's others i'm sure. I don't think the Pens would have overpay to get Plekanec.

And end of year and 1 additional playoff should give us more back.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Unless the plan is to convert Shaw at center, I can't see us trading Plekanec.

Habs should not choose to be picky anymore about centers. Even with Plekanec in the line-up, they've had Hudon, Byron, and Shaw all play center. Might as well continue in that vain. It's not like Plekanec will make a lick of difference now. The season is lost.

It would be a real wasted opportunity if Habs don't acquire a pick or two for Plekanec when they could just as easily get back to him in free agency and sign him again.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Habs should not choose to be picky anymore about centers. Even with Plekanec in the line-up, they've had Hudon, Byron, and Shaw all play center. Might as well continue in that vain. It's not like Plekanec will make a lick of difference now. The season is lost.

It would be a real wasted opportunity if Habs don't acquire a pick or two for Plekanec when they could just as easily get back to him in free agency and sign him again.
I concur, but I just think that Bergevin is petrified of trading a natural center because he thinks he can't get a replacement. He laughs at the thought of trading for a natural center, wouldn't be surprised if he is too scared to trade one of his own. Hopefully he proves me wrong though.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

It would be absolutely disgusting if we didn't trade Pleky in the next couple of days

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I concur, but I just think that Bergevin is petrified of trading a natural center because he thinks he can't get a replacement. He laughs at the thought of trading for a natural center, wouldn't be surprised if he is too scared to trade one of his own. Hopefully he proves me wrong though.

I hope so, too. I've lost faith in MB the last year and half (I know most lost faith in him much earlier). I do not think he's completely incompetent to the point he would keep Plekanec past Monday. But if he does, I'll be real upset.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We have the best center available for a rental, please ****ing trade him, a team might overpay.

Exactly. And on TSN690, Mitch Gallo has gone on record saying he believes Habs would be able to get a 1st for Plekanec. Melnick doesn't think so. And they made a bet that if Habs do get a 1st for Plekanec, Mitch Melnick will wear a Plekanec jersey, turtleneck included, for an entire year. Even if it's a Conditional 2nd that can become a 1st, if the condition is met and it turns into a 1st, Melnick will wear the jersey.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Exactly. And on TSN690, Mitch Gallo has gone on record saying he believes Habs would be able to get a 1st for Plekanec. Melnick doesn't think so. And they made a bet that if Habs do get a 1st for Plekanec, Mitch Melnick will wear a Plekanec jersey, turtleneck included, for an entire year. Even if it's a Conditional 2nd that can become a 1st, if the condition is met and it turns into a 1st, Melnick will wear the jersey.
We are probably insanely tough on Plekanec, but if I'm another gm I am not offering more than a 3rd. If he gets more we fleece the other team and they have no clue who they just got.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I like what Sens/Rangers are doing = a rebuild.

HAbs are doing a reset. Which means start again with the same group.

Last team I'd want to be is Ottawa right now.

It's a rebuild being done for the wrong reasons. That team is all kinds of f***ed.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Last team I'd want to be is Ottawa right now.

It's a rebuild being done for the wrong reasons. That team is all kinds of ****ed.
Have to try rebuilding after next season. They HAVE to try and get out of the bottom 10 before they gift the Avs Jack Hughes.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We are probably insanely tough on Plekanec, but if I'm another gm I am not offering more than a 3rd. If he gets more we fleece the other team and they have no clue who they just got.

I think he can get them a 2nd. But I can see why some believe he won't get more than a 3rd. It wouldn't surprise me if he can get Habs two picks, or two assets (pick and prospect, but a low level prospect). Would rather just picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad