Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The real deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
A few years ago we fans were looking at the moves to give us a run at the Cup.

Now we are trying to figure out how to get 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The fall was quick and hard. Sad.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nothing yet on the Canadiens front? Well, well. Me thinks Plekatchu won't be traded after all. This organisation just doesn't know when to part with its failing vets.

The bolded was the object of another of Bergevin's precepts that he never applied. Remember when he said how you have to trade a depreciating asset before his market value plummets? It was during the same time that he delivered gems like "building through the draft" and "how no one ever complains about a player that spends too much time in the minors."

It was as if he was reciting pearls of wisdom that someone else had drilled into him, but they were only processed by his 2-watt brain as empty one-liners that can make you look good at pressers.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
For all the people saying Pleks won't get a 2nd, there are a few reports already saying they havr multiple teams offering 2nds and Habs holding out for more.
If Pleks is worth a 2nd rounder..........then the habs have a alot of guys that are worth a first rounder.

Gally, Byron, Hudon, Lehthenon, Petry, Patches, Drouin, Shaw, Chucky, Danault....all far more valuable than Pleks

10 first rounders right there........ plus a 2nd for Pleks. :nod:

Pick up the phone and start the rebuild. :thumbu:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The bolded was the object of another of Bergevin's precepts that he never applied. Remember when he said how you have to trade a depreciating asset before his market value plummets? It was during the same time that he delivered gems like "building through the draft" and "how no one ever complains about a player that spends too much time in the minors."

It was as if he was reciting pearls of wisdom that someone else had drilled into him, but they were only processed by his 2-watt brain as empty one-liners that can make you look good at pressers.

It's a common mistake amongst inexperienced managers tbh.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If Pleks is worth a 2nd rounder..........then the habs have a alot of guys that are worth a first rounder.

Gally, Byron, Hudon, Lehthenon, Petry, Patches, Drouin, Shaw, Chucky, Danault....all far more valuable than Pleks

10 first rounders right there........ plus a 2nd for Pleks. :nod:

Pick up the phone and start the rebuild. :thumbu:

Danault is the only center in the bunch. Danault is definitely worth a late 1st rounder. But I prefer Danault to a late 1st.

Reactions: PaulD

reiktaumme

Feb 23, 2018
Yes I'm aware of that stat. He's tied with Gallagher for the team lead. The best I can say is, Gallagher would have even more points if he were playing on another line with better offensive players and Plekanec less. If you watch Plekanec play, he's horrible offensively 5 on 5. Gallagher drives the play. A lot of plays die on Plekanec's stick.

And the rest of the team isn't good 5 on 5 either. Drouin sucks 5 on 5, and the Pacioretty Danault duo hasn't been nearly as effective without Radulov. So Plekanec is leader of a very sorry bunch. We have one of the worst offenses in the league, yet the 8th best powerplay.

He's actually ahead of Gallagher now.

And duh, it's obvious Gallagher would have more points on an offensive line, but that's not Plekanec's fault, that's Julien's. Plekanec has been used all year as a defensive center that shutdowns the other team's top line, and they never tried to use him in another role than that. Plekanec is only the 81st most used center in the league, but 60th in even strength points, so he has been doing his job pretty damn well as a 3rd line center + it's a miracle that he's +3 right now in this trash team.
You can't say that he's horrible offensively if he's actually doing better than most players who are playing in the same situation as him.

You could try to say that for 6M$, his production is very bad, but from day 1 this season he's been Center #3 and he never came close to touching the PP, who knows what he would have produced on the top line with top PP time for 60 games.

In a 3rd line Center role, he can still be very useful to a lot of teams.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Exactly. And on TSN690, Mitch Gallo has gone on record saying he believes Habs would be able to get a 1st for Plekanec. Melnick doesn't think so. And they made a bet that if Habs do get a 1st for Plekanec, Mitch Melnick will wear a Plekanec jersey, turtleneck included, for an entire year. Even if it's a Conditional 2nd that can become a 1st, if the condition is met and it turns into a 1st, Melnick will wear the jersey.

Gallo doesn't know squat -- I'll take Melnick's opinion over his any day. Heck, I'll take your opinion over Gallo and I'll even throw in a couple of pillows were both sides are the cool side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad