Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The real deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
You probably remember 15-16 Brassard.

That ain't 17-18 Brassard.

And is 17-18 Pacioretty 15-16 Pacioretty? Or are you buying the excuse that he's nervous about getting traded that's why he's been wandering around the ice all season aimlessly.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
Alright, so I'm new here, so I don't know if y'all talked about that for like 25 pages earlier, but wouldn't it make perfect sense to try to trade for Karlsson?

The Sens are obviously trying to save money right now, so isn't Weber's contract actually perfect for them? They replace an elite right handed dman by an elite right handed dman who will only cost them 30M$ for the next 8 years...

We can even absorb Ryan's contract.

Trade could look a bit like:

Karlsson
Ryan

for

Weber
Lehkonen
2019 1st round pick
2018 2nd round pick.
Someone did break this down a few pages ago, something very similar to your post, not sure if the 1st in 19 was added, but it was discussed..

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Alright, so I'm new here, so I don't know if y'all talked about that for like 25 pages earlier, but wouldn't it make perfect sense to try to trade for Karlsson?

The Sens are obviously trying to save money right now, so isn't Weber's contract actually perfect for them? They replace an elite right handed dman by an elite right handed dman who will only cost them 30M$ for the next 8 years...

We can even absorb Ryan's contract.

Trade could look a bit like:

Karlsson
Ryan

for

Weber
Lehkonen
2019 1st round pick
2018 2nd round pick.

It would take a much better offer than that to get Karlsson. I can't see the Sens being very interested in trading EK for an older and worse defenseman with a big cap hit, a top 9 forward, a mystery pick, and a second rounder from a rival.

The talk is that the Sens are looking for 5-6 good peices for Karlsson. I doubt we could afford EK without completely gutting our entire future. Besides, we have enough bad contracts as it is without taking on Ryan.

It's a moot point anyway imo, considering Bergevin seems to be more intent on trading away skilled puck moving defensemen rather than actually bringing them in.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I wouldn't

I want to get young players for Pacioretty. But if that weren't the case, I'd rather have Brassard, a center who's on pace for 25 goals and 52 points, than Pacioretty. I think their values as assets are very similar. Pacioretty's getting older. His game is based on speed, which I haven't seen much of lately.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I want to get young players for Pacioretty. But if that weren't the case, I'd rather have Brassard, a center who's on pace for 25 goals and 52 points, than Pacioretty. I think their values as assets are very similar. Pacioretty's getting older. His game is based on speed, which I haven't seen much of lately.

Too late.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Too late.

Like I said, I'd rather get young players for Pacioretty. My point is, I don't think Brassard's value is higher than Pacioretty's.

Sorry to all those who were dreaming of getting 1st round picks for Plekanec and Byron and a young stud center for Pacioretty.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Brassard is one of the most average players I've seen. I don't even know what he's particularly good at.

Good 2C, fantastic 3C for the Pens.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Pacioretty is vastly superior

He sure was. But he's not this year. Brassard has better numbers and Brassard's a center.

I have a feeling we're going to have to bring in a center or a player like Radulov to play with him so he can get his numbers up because right now his numbers suck, his play sucks, and I think his trade value sucks.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I'm totally fine with not landing Brassard , espcially if he was to re-sign here. Too much of risk for a guy who sometimes is a 2nd C , sometimes a 3rd or sometimes just plain out sucks.

Too much inconsistency

Reactions: Jrham15

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I agree with you here.

Nobody is giving up a Vilardi class player for Pacioretty.

The situation with Pacioretty is concerning. It looks like his trade value is low. We don't have the center or playmaking winger like Radulov to get his numbers back up.

So we might be in a situation where we have to trade him now or at the draft for less than his real value or at the deadline next year as a rental. I don't want to pay him 7 to 8 million per year.

The only way we get out of this problem is if some team steps up and gives up good players for him or if he resigns for a reasonable amount, given his anemic production this year and next year.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He sure was. But he's not this year. Brassard has better numbers and Brassard's a center.

I have a feeling we're going to have to bring in a center or a player like Radulov to play with him so he can get his numbers up because right now his numbers suck, his play sucks, and I think his trade value sucks.

I've yet to hear an insider say that Pacioretty is going to get a lower than expected return.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
The "but centers aren't getting traded" argument would work if Brassard wasn't a shitty centerman that gets traded a lot. Bergevin talked about #1 centers, guys. Yes, it's a lame excuse to use when you failed to acquire the one obvious player this team needed, but crying over Brassard? I don't see it.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I've yet to hear an insider say that Pacioretty is going to get a lower than expected return.

What's the expected return? Because McKenzie and LeBrun are saying Nash and Kane are more interesting to teams, and Hoffman may be too. They didn't seem too high on his trade value in conversations on tsn690.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The "but centers aren't getting traded" argument would work if Brassard wasn't a ****ty centerman that gets traded a lot. Bergevin talked about #1 centers, guys. Yes, it's a lame excuse to use when you failed to acquire the one obvious player this team needed, but crying over Brassard? I don't see it.

Brassard is not what this team needs whatsoever , maybe 3 years ago

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Congratulations, you're dumber than Bergevin

So what are we going to get for Pacioretty, genius? Go ahead, step up and tell us what we're really going to get for him. So we can see how smart you really are when he goes. Put it on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad