Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The real deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He's not a bad player...he's just miscast.

On the right team and in the right role he would be still be useful.

What team in today's game wants a 3rd line center that kills his line's offense? Even the Pens, who are loaded in the top six went out and got an offensive center.

Reactions: 417

reiktaumme

Feb 23, 2018
What team in today's game wants a 3rd line center that kills his line's offense? Even the Pens, who are loaded in the top six went out and got an offensive center.

It's funny that a center that kills his line's offense is the team's first scorer at even strength.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Every return Bergevin gets should include either a centermen, a dmen or both.

"Despite the Canadiens being offered Eeli Tolvanen from the Predators, Marc Bergevin was under strict orders by mariolemieux66 to only take centremen or defencemen. Rem Pitlick and Frederic Allard are excited to become members of the Montreal Canadiens."

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It's funny that a center that kills his line's offense is the team's first scorer at even strength.

Yes I'm aware of that stat. He's tied with Gallagher for the team lead. The best I can say is, Gallagher would have even more points if he were playing on another line with better offensive players and Plekanec less. If you watch Plekanec play, he's horrible offensively 5 on 5. Gallagher drives the play. A lot of plays die on Plekanec's stick.

And the rest of the team isn't good 5 on 5 either. Drouin sucks 5 on 5, and the Pacioretty Danault duo hasn't been nearly as effective without Radulov. So Plekanec is leader of a very sorry bunch. We have one of the worst offenses in the league, yet the 8th best powerplay.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Plenakec/Paciorretty trade is too much expected to happen....You have to look at unexpected move like the Jerabek trade.

Matt Martin for Morgan Ellis
-Bringing caracther for next season

Daniel Carr for arizona 4th pick
-Carr has to pass thru waiver iirc

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Plenakec/Paciorretty trade is too much expected to happen....You have to look at unexpected move like the Jerabek trade.

Yeah, silly me, should expect a guy who is no longer in our organization (hasn't been for like 2 years) be traded for Martin.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

The Jerabek trade was 100% expected.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The problem with a Pacioretty deal is this: as long as Montreal insists on wanting an NHL-ready player as part of the package, which I think GM Marc Bergevin is, then it’s harder for contending teams to contemplate since they don’t want to take away from their current roster in a Cup run

Why am I getting Bergevin holding out for PLD flashbacks?

Reactions: Roke

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If MB and his flunkies stay running the club it matters not what they get for Pleks. How many 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders have they had during his tenure|?.... hows the team looking ? :snide:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He's not a bad player...he's just miscast.

On the right team and in the right role he would be still be useful.
Famous words uttered about every washed up player.

and dont forget "he is really good in the room"

Some players are actually useful on every team they play for.

"on the right team in the right role he could be USEFUL ??

now there is a ringing endorsement :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->