Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Sir John Tavares.. please save us edition)

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
You should've kept it going lol

I swear 3/4 of the posters here wouldn't last 2 days as a
Minnow lol

Call it what you want daffy jaffy. The post was moronic. The mod should ban idiots from making these types of posts.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Call it what you want daffy jaffy. The post was moronic. The mod should ban idiots from making these types of posts.

Not really, [MOD] it's sarcasm, as it was quite clear given the way the post was written.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Would this trade (without trading Sergachev) work for Tavares: Galchenyuk + Lindgren + next 2 1st + Juulsen + Plekanec

Then sign Shipachev

Emelin taken at the expansion draft

Next year:

Pacioretty - Tavares - Gallagher
Byron - Shipachev - Radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - McCarron - Mitchell

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Sergachev - Benn

Price

you're fired

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Pleks + Beaulieu for RNH

Re-sign Radulov

Sign Kulikov

Pry Foligno out of Buffalo

Patches - RNH - Gallagher
Foligno - Galch - Radulov
Lekhonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Mccarron/Hudon/JDL

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Kulikov - Benn
Nesterov/Davidson

Price

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Not really, but you would be a moron for not seeing that it's sarcasm, as it was quite clear given the way the post was written.

Sure pal. Nothing like an Internet tough guy. You post drivel so that makes me believe you are full of sh!t.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You're kidding... right?

Please tell me you're kidding.

Okay...Kariya and Selanne.

The Niedermayer example is one in which the MAIN reason was due to another player on the same team.

A friendship with a player(s) is probably a factor why some players consider locations. But to specifically sign somewhere because there's a friend on the team? These players all know each other, they have friends on every team. Tavares is probably friends with Price and Weber due to Team Canada and probably Montoya due to playing together for the Isles.

To suggest his friendship with Subban would be a deciding factor for him re-signing in Montreal, I don't buy it. There's way too many factors at play. You don't sign a 7-8 year contract with a team because of a buddy; he could be gone the next day.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Dream on about Tavares! He isn't coming here. All I wish is that he doesn't end up with some other team in the Atlantic division.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I used to think he would leave but we have a decent coach now. Price won at every level if he like it here and he think he can do win here he might sign at a hometown discount.

Unless Price wants to go back out west. If he doesn't sign this summer I would trade Price.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Unless Price wants to go back out west. If he doesn't sign this summer I would trade Price.

So he can see the rockies? Geezz....MB moved mountains for Price...Weber is signed long-term...Price is not going anywhere

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
I wonder if JT would actually not sign with the Leafs because of their having Matthews.

You bring up a good point. TO is getting better, way better and fast. MTL - beside recent tweaks - is at a stand still. None of the forward prospects are projected to have a major impact on our roster.

When your competition gets better, you need to get better. This means we need to make a push for a #1C.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well Dreger is trying to drum up some trades for Garth Snow. I'm sure he'll appreciate all the backlash from irate NYI's fans about this rumor, Good Ole Darren, never a dull moment, even with a weak draft, he can create a mountain out of a molehill!!!...:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

After the Gretzky trade, fans will believe any trade is possible, Tavares would sure look good in a Habs jersey, with Pacioretty(LW) & Radulov(RW) - Tavares(C) with Weber & Sergachev on the points, with both of their bombs for shots, that would be a lethal PP for the Habs.

I'm sure Dreger is dreaming of the TML's trading for Tavares, imagine the Leaf's with Tavares & Matthews as a one-two punch at center, with Kadri as 3rd line center? WoW that's equivalent to Pittsburgh's Crosby & Malkin, maybe better.:nod::nod::nod:

I wonder if Dreger is the one who started the Radulov 8 yr. contract demand rumor Also!!!...

Islander fans wont bat an eye. Why/ Because Dreger is a bag of wind.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Pleks + Beaulieu for RNH

Re-sign Radulov

Sign Kulikov

Pry Foligno out of Buffalo

Patches - RNH - Gallagher
Foligno - Galch - Radulov
Lekhonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Mccarron/Hudon/JDL

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Kulikov - Benn
Nesterov/Davidson

Price

Edmonton would probably want Beaulieu + Gallagher + ? . If they want Pleks, no problem, I'd add him, too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If we're going to trade for JT we'd have to have protection in some form.

1. We get to talk to him before trading for him
2. We get two first rounders if he doesn't re-sign

You can't give up significant assets for him and then watch him walk away.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tavares is a 70+ point player, not Crosby, McDavid, Kane etc. He's an exceptional player but he's not a generational talent and wouldnt even be the best player on our team. The trade has to be commiserate with what he is and what he's shown to be and not what you hope he'll be. Not to mention he's a UFA after next year so unless he signs and trades he'll fetch even less.

As it is, the past trades for a player like Tavares has been a top young player or high end prospect, a pick and a salaried player. So something like Galchenyuk, Sergachev/Juulsen, a 1st and Plex/Emelin. That's something that I think is more likely than a lot of the trade proposals I've seen here.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Okay...Kariya and Selanne.

The Niedermayer example is one in which the MAIN reason was due to another player on the same team.

A friendship with a player(s) is probably a factor why some players consider locations. But to specifically sign somewhere because there's a friend on the team? These players all know each other, they have friends on every team. Tavares is probably friends with Price and Weber due to Team Canada and probably Montoya due to playing together for the Isles.

To suggest his friendship with Subban would be a deciding factor for him re-signing in Montreal, I don't buy it. There's way too many factors at play. You don't sign a 7-8 year contract with a team because of a buddy; he could be gone the next day.

Actually, for elite players with multiple suitors/destinations they can choose from, personal reasons (friendships, family, climate, et.) are quite likely often the biggest factors.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Tavares is a 70+ point player, not Crosby, McDavid, Kane etc. He's an exceptional player but he's not a generational talent and wouldnt even be the best player on our team. The trade has to be commiserate with what he is and what he's shown to be and not what you hope he'll be. Not to mention he's a UFA after next year so unless he signs and trades he'll fetch even less.

As it is, the past trades for a player like Tavares has been a top young player or high end prospect, a pick and a salaried player. So something like Galchenyuk, Sergachev/Juulsen, a 1st and Plex/Emelin. That's something that I think is more likely than a lot of the trade proposals I've seen here.

You are severely underrating Tavares. He's a top 5 center in the league. The only centers that are clearly better than him are Crosby, McDavid, and Malkin. You can make a case for Tavares being better than any other centers.

Also Kane has exploded when he was 27 yo (last year)
Tavares right now is 26 years old and only 3 years older than Galchenyuk.

Tavares was ppg or more in 4 of his last 6 seasons. He hasn't hit his prime yet, and he is a guy who elevates his game and score big goals (see international tournament and playoffs).
Also note that Tavares doesn't even play with good players. He is currently playing with Ladd (28 pts) and bailey (49 pts).

He hasnt played with really good players in his career, but still produced and made his teammates better (see Parenteau, Moulson, etc.)

He's that good on a weak team and no pressure environment. It makes you wonder how good he can be in a good team with pressure (he plays better with pressure).

Also Tavares would be the habs best forward. I would easily take him over Pacioretty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad