Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Sir John Tavares.. please save us edition)

Jul 6, 2016
Not the way Duchene has been playing. When was the last time he even recorded a point? While I know what you are saying, I don't think many teams will sell their farm for Duchene.

Duchene probably expected to be dealt at the deadline. Now, he is just putting the Avs jersey and cashing his pay check from them, waiting for the big deal to happen in the off season. He is now totally disinterested....

He is still a top centre in this league.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This thread is reminding me of the Lecavalier trade threads from 2009, some people wanted to give up Subban+++ for Lecavalier, even though Tampa Bay had no leverage.

All right so here goes,

Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Sergachev, 1st 2017, 1st 2018, Lehkonen for Tavares and a 2nd in 2019.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Duchene probably expected to be dealt at the deadline. Now, he is just putting the Avs jersey and cashing his pay check from them, waiting for the big deal to happen in the off season. He is now totally disinterested....

Duchene is not a top centre, unless you mean top-20 or something.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
With Tavares being available, Sakic loses some leverage for Duchene. If MB has a contending team and doesn't end up with either Tavares or Duchene then he should just quit....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This thread is reminding me of the Lecavalier trade threads from 2009, some people wanted to give up Subban+++ for Lecavalier, even though Tampa Bay had no leverage.

All right so here goes,

Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Sergachev, 1st 2017, 1st 2018, Lehkonen for Tavares and a 2nd in 2019.

Agreed. So many people would jump on the popular player and give up the entire future for it. These are moves that GM's from the 70's, 80,'s and 90's would make.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

If that would be the case, I would not want a player like that on my team. Have some respect for the team that is paying you and perform.

Jul 6, 2016
If that would be the case, I would not a player like that on my team. Have some respect for the team that is paying you and perform.

Like Carey Price in January and February playing like crap to have Therrien fired .... ???

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I'd put JT above Malkin for his two way play and I believe Mathews will get there too. Also, age. JT is still really young.

I disagree. Obviously, your opinion is as good as mine, but Malkin's 2 way game is also pretty good, at least as good as Tavares' in my opinion. Malkin has also proven himself in playoffs and put up a memorable performance in Pittsburgh's 1st modern day stanley cup win. Now, I know that Tavares has not had an equivalent chance to prove himself in a similar situation, but I find it hard to believe that he could do the same, let alone better.

Matthews, although excellent, is absolutely not there yet. He might eventually, let's give him a few more years. But saying that Tavares/Matthews is equivalent to Crosby/Malkin is something that I strongly disagree with, to say the least. Saying that Tavares/Matthews would be better than Crosby/Malkin? This rends me speechless.

skipp18

Oct 18, 2006
Montreal
I disagree. Obviously, your opinion is as good as mine, but Malkin's 2 way game is also pretty good, at least as good as Tavares' in my opinion. Malkin has also proven himself in playoffs and put up a memorable performance in Pittsburgh's 1st modern day stanley cup win. Now, I know that Tavares has not had an equivalent chance to prove himself in a similar situation, but I find it hard to believe that he could do the same, let alone better.

Wow. I guess I must be old if 1992 is not considered Modern Day.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Wow. I guess I must be old if 1992 is not considered Modern Day.

I meant it as in Pittsburgh's eras, not NHL in general. They have won Stanley cups in 2 eras in my mind, the Lemieux era and the Crosby era if it makes more sense.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think the Isles get screwed over if they trade him as a I year UFA to be. JT is a franchise center but I can't see anybody paying enough with him being UFA in a year. If the acquiring team extends him then they really got him for cheap. if JT doesn't extend then both teams probably are screwed over.

Best is if JT agrees to an extension prior to a trade.

Again though, this is Dreger speculating IF, IF contract talks do not go well. Getting Isle fans worked up over nothing right now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
JT has a choice in where he plays as he holds a NMC and NTC (8 teams). If contract negotiations don't go well with JT and NYI, then I bet you the NYI try to trade JT to a team of his choice and let him negotiate a contract extension. No team is going to give up a ton of assets (like Galchenyuk, +, +) for one year of JT. They will want to ability to sign him long term before the trade. And JT then has power as to who he wants to play for.

So who holds the power in this? It's JT and the teams he would want to play for. That limits things and takes his value down! Just like Shattenkirk.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Eat your Captain Crunch, look at a Madonna video and drink a glass of Tang.

If any of that makes sense to you, you're already living in a postmodern world.

I don't know what Tang is.

I think 2005 makes sense as a demarcation ... They changed the rules.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I wonder if JT would actually not sign with the Leafs because of their having Matthews.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Agreed. So many people would jump on the popular player and give up the entire future for it. These are moves that GM's from the 70's, 80,'s and 90's would make.

And on PlayStation.

You can always reboot the game or change who you play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad