Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hadn't looked at the potential UFA pool. How bad is it?

It's not the greatest compared to previous years IMO. Most of the guys you may want are playing on playoff teams so they probably won't be traded. Guys like Hanzal are going to be the best you can get.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Would you say the market is more favorable to rentals this year, on account of the expansion draft? I mean, who will want to pay up for players they'll end up scrambling to find a spot for on the team's protection list, unless of course, a player who needs to be protected goes the other way.

I would say that's definitely a fair point and I can easily see GMs coveting rentals over players that will occupy a spot on the expansion draft. Which is why I think we'll see a relatively quiet trade deadline this year or a lot of 1 vs 1 trades.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm suggesting that he has zero value on the market yet he continues to find his way into trading permutations. Any team could have had him for free a few weeks ago. He's not an asset to anyone.

If Collberg was able to bring us Vanek , I'm sure Ghetto has some value :laugh:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
If Collberg was able to bring us Vanek , I'm sure Ghetto has some value :laugh:

Collberg still had that mystique of being drafted 33rd overall only two years prior and being excellent at the WJC. Ghetto is a dude who went unclaimed on waivers and your typical tweener between AHL and NHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't think i agree. His value is not 0 or close to it. Thats a bit of over exaggeration

Really? So why did 29 teams pass on him, when he was available for free, a few weeks ago?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Collberg still had that mystique of being drafted 33rd overall only two years prior and being excellent at the WJC. Ghetto is a dude who went unclaimed on waivers and your typical tweener between AHL and NHL.

Aren't those types, dime a dozen? I dunno, if you go to any fan board, every forum overestimates these types of guys. They're depth players with a high failure rate if considered as anything more than in a filler capacity. You can get Ghettos anywhere, they're always available, at a waiver wire near you.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I doubt Ghetto goes unclaimed for a 2nd time. Jumping on him and what he does with his limited ice time is classic in Habs land. Your Hero or Zero. Give the kid a break, he's not a top prospect but he's not a bust either.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Aren't those types, dime a dozen? I dunno, if you go to any fan board, every forum overestimates these types of guys. They're depth players with a high failure rate if considered as anything more than in a filler capacity. You can get Ghettos anywhere, they're always available, at a waiver wire near you.

Yeah, I'm on the same page as you. I can see a deal like Garbutt for Ghetto (contract for another contract) but Ghetto has close to minimal value.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I doubt Ghetto goes unclaimed for a 2nd time. Jumping on him and what he does with his limited ice time is classic in Habs land. Your Hero or Zero. Give the kid a break, he's not a top prospect but he's not a bust either.

I don't know, what has he done to raise his stock? :dunno:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oilers won't trade Drai at this point anyway.

RNH is the one on the way out

That is what they will try to trade but wondering what return they are asking for (RNH is good but the return is not the greatest). That's why the focus was put on Drai. They prefer not to trade Drai but if they want that top elite level potential on D, you got to give to get.

Hall got AL... what do you think RNH gets? lol

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

The only argument you can make for him possibly getting claimed the second time around is that a) injuries occur for a team b) teams have had enough of their own Andrighettos c) Ghetto suffered from having players like Pulkkinen, Frk go on waivers days before him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

He is on the roster of the 1st place team in the NHL at times right? My point is he hasn't fallen to 0. Lets relax for a second before someone says I think he's the next Crosby lol. (not saying you but some there like to exaggerate)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm very certain that Montreal and Edmonton could still make a deal to address each others needs. Unless Chia and Bergevin have had it with each other after courting each other for so long. RNH, Eberle, Maroon etc are all guys who could help us and we can send them an Emelin, Beau, an any other prospect or pick not names Sergachev or Juulsen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The only argument you can make for him possibly getting claimed the second time around is that a) injuries occur for a team b) teams have had enough of their own Andrighettos c) Ghetto suffered from having players like Pulkkinen, Frk go on waivers days before him.

He is on the roster of the 1st place team in the NHL at times right? My point is he hasn't fallen to 0. Lets relax for a second before someone says I think he's the next Crosby lol. (not saying you but some there like to exaggerate)

Looking like circumstantial arguments rather than the individual himself having taken a step to shore up his value.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm very certain that Montreal and Edmonton could still make a deal to address each others needs. Unless Chia and Bergevin have had it with each other after courting each other for so long. RNH, Eberle, Maroon etc are all guys who could help us and we can send them an Emelin, Beau, an any other prospect or pick not names Sergachev or Juulsen.

If your the Habs and are using Emelin or Beaulieu as trade bait, I don't think that gets you what you want or need... RNH or Drai. Those are the only two that fits. I'm also not a huge RNH fan too. Oilers value him high but the rest of the league will mellow them down overtime. Hall was their biggest piece to move and they let him go for less than what his value is IMO.

I don't think Peter Chiarelli is a very good GM. Trading Kessel for 2- 1st round picks and he got lucky they were both top 10 picks but then shipped them both out of town for what? Then traded Lucic away. Then the TH for AL trade this past summer. What has he done that is great? Draft McDavid? lol

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Emelin is not being traded. EDM is going for the playoffs and I just don't see how NB could be viewed by them as a key to their defense. They will want a more excperience D. This is Chia here he knows how to build a cup winning team.

Maybe they dump RNH because of salary but I am sure at that point they will want a big name prospect most likely the names you don't want to trade. And RNH I get he is a former 1st overall but he has 15 pts this year and IMHO looks like a 50 pt guy. A borderline 2nd line C. IMHO not worth paying a big price for him especially with his contract.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
That is what they will try to trade but wondering what return they are asking for (RNH is good but the return is not the greatest). That's why the focus was put on Drai. They prefer not to trade Drai but if they want that top elite level potential on D, you got to give to get.

Hall got AL... what do you think RNH gets? lol

Not sure about the return for RNH but ideally they should try to package him with something else as his value is not what it used to be. Don't think he would fetch an elite #1D by himself but something like RNH + 1st + ??? could potentially bring them someone decent from the right team imho

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If your the Habs and are using Emelin or Beaulieu as trade bait, I don't think that gets you what you want or need... RNH or Drai. Those are the only two that fits. I'm also not a huge RNH fan too.

Emelin is not being traded. EDM is going for the playoffs and I just don't see how NB could be viewed by them as a key to their defense. They will want a more excperience D. This is Chia here he knows how to build a cup winning team.

Maybe they dump RNH because of salary but I am sure at that point they will want a big name prospect most likely the names you don't want to trade. And RNH I get he is a former 1st overall but he has 15 pts this year and IMHO looks like a 50 pt guy. A borderline 2nd line C. IMHO not worth paying a big price for him especially with his contract.

I'm not saying Emelin or Beau will get you RNH or an Eberle on their own but they can certainly be pieces to the trade.

RNH is their 3rd line centre at this point and they have a hell of a time shutting down the opposition. A player like Emelin gives them a physical presence on the blue line they lack and RNH gives us a legit #2 centre. Even a Plex can be a vital chip to Edm as they don't have a shut down centre of their own.

Not putting a proposal per se. Just saying that we both have pieces the other needs and we'd still be good trade partners. I think the same about Col as well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure about the return for RNH but ideally they should try to package him with something else as his value is not what it used to be. Don't think he would fetch an elite #1D by himself but something like RNH + 1st + ??? could potentially bring them someone decent from the right team imho

It might but I feel they need the Doughty/Subban/Karlsson type guy on that roster to make it more complete. They got no offense on the back end it seems. Lots of good depth but all projected to be stay at home D guys.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not saying Emelin or Beau will get you RNH or an Eberle on their own but they can certainly be pieces to the trade.

RNH is their 3rd line centre at this point and they have a hell of a time shutting down the opposition. A player like Emelin gives them a physical presence on the blue line they lack and RNH gives us a legit #2 centre. Even a Plex can be a vital chip to Edm as they don't have a shut down centre of their own.

Not putting a proposal per se. Just saying that we both have pieces the other needs and we'd still be good trade partners. I think the same about Col as well.

I feel the Habs need a two way guy at 2nd line center. A guy that can skate and has above average offense. I worry about acquiring a RNH or Duchene as they are soft and these guys disappear in the playoffs. We need a stud that can win face offs and provide 50 or 60 pts and not get pushed around when battling for pucks.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015

Doubt Ghetto needs to pass through waivers again or did he already play 10 games with us?

Right now I'd like MB to get more firepower in front. I'd be happy if we can get Duclair. Yes he's not having a good season, but everyone on the Yotes board are saying that it's because of the coach. If we can get him on the low, I'd do it. If not, I'd still try my chances for a Strome or even an RNH if we're able to get him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Doubt Ghetto needs to pass through waivers again or did he already play 10 games with us?

Right now I'd like MB to get more firepower in front. I'd be happy if we can get Duclair. Yes he's not having a good season, but everyone on the Yotes board are saying that it's because of the coach. If we can get him on the low, I'd do it. If not, I'd still try my chances for a Strome or even an RNH if we're able to get him.

Ghetto needs to stay in the AHL all year and put up the points. He doesn't belong on the bottom 6 with the Habs and not good enough to crack the top 6. But your right, he doesn't probably need to go through waivers again due to be called up and sent down before the 10 games. Point was, if he is put on waivers for whatever reason, he may get claimed this time (might)

I agree the Habs need extra firepower. I prefer a shooter like Patch. Someone that can score from the perimeter. Not having Galchenyuk for 6-8 weeks is a good test!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I believe the rule is 10 games or 30 days with the NHL team -- he's not passed those thresholds, so he's still waiver wire exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad