Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Dmitry Kulikov, 26, (LD, Cap hit of 4.3, last year of contract UFA)
Zemgus Girgensons, 22, (C/LW, Cap hit of 1.15, last year of contract RFA with arbitration rights)

for

Nathan Beaulieu, 24, (LD, Cap hit of 1.0, last year of contract RFA with arbitration rights)
Jacob de la Rose, 21, (C/LW), Cap hit of 0.925, last year of contract RFA without arbitration rights)
2nd round pick 2017

We add a veteran D to play on the top 4, another russian. We add a young center to play on the 3rd line.

Buffalo add a young LD that they need and could try de la Rose on the 4th line. They also like their swedes!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I feel the Habs need a two way guy at 2nd line center. A guy that can skate and has above average offense. I worry about acquiring a RNH or Duchene as they are soft and these guys disappear in the playoffs. We need a stud that can win face offs and provide 50 or 60 pts and not get pushed around when battling for pucks.

We have enough defensive players on this team. Look at Chucky. His defense is getting better but he's far from great. I'll take him all day long over a more defensive minded centre like Plex is. You can always put Danault or a Shaw on the wing to help compensate for any deficiencies but the idea is to score more goals while not giving up more.

Add the fact that he would also likely thrive in a new team and in our system so I doubt you get the RNH that's in Edm right now. I think he'll be better here then there.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I'm not saying Emelin or Beau will get you RNH or an Eberle on their own but they can certainly be pieces to the trade.

RNH is their 3rd line centre at this point and they have a hell of a time shutting down the opposition. A player like Emelin gives them a physical presence on the blue line they lack and RNH gives us a legit #2 centre. Even a Plex can be a vital chip to Edm as they don't have a shut down centre of their own.

Not putting a proposal per se. Just saying that we both have pieces the other needs and we'd still be good trade partners. I think the same about Col as well.

I just don't see it. MTL is not going to give up any of its top 4 D and thats what EDM would want. Trade away Emelin and we are in the same boat as EDM needing a hard hitting shut down D. NB is not attractive to a team going for the playoffs.

As far as RNH I am meh on him. 50 pt guy making 6 million a year. Sure we can say he is an upgrade on Pleks but by how much and at that contract not to sure about it. Would rather a rental in Hanzel for a pick and or prospect than RNH and a tier 1 prospect and probably 1st round pick.

I just don't see MTL and EDM as good partners as they are both going for playoffs.

COL I do see a match and I think MB can work something out.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It might but I feel they need the Doughty/Subban/Karlsson type guy on that roster to make it more complete. They got no offense on the back end it seems. Lots of good depth but all projected to be stay at home D guys.

They should go hard after Shattenkirk if he's on the market as a UFA this summer. He's no Karlsson/Doughty/Subban but offensively he's not that far behind and he can quarterback a PP pretty good.

Pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered for them and that's without giving any assets.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They should go hard after Shattenkirk if he's on the market as a UFA this summer. He's no Karlsson/Doughty/Subban but offensively he's not that far behind and he can quarterback a PP pretty good.

Pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered for them and that's without giving any assets.

I love if the Habs got Shattenkirk but he's right handed. We already have Weber/Petry. Can he play on the left side? I know Petry moved to the left side to accommodate Sergachev in pre-season but that was preseason.

I wonder how many guys want to sign in Montreal now? Especially if we go on a deep playoff run

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We have enough defensive players on this team. Look at Chucky. His defense is getting better but he's far from great. I'll take him all day long over a more defensive minded centre like Plex is. You can always put Danault or a Shaw on the wing to help compensate for any deficiencies but the idea is to score more goals while not giving up more.

Add the fact that he would also likely thrive in a new team and in our system so I doubt you get the RNH that's in Edm right now. I think he'll be better here then there.

You think RNH would be a passionate player for the Habs in Montreal? I think the Montreal media and Fans eat him up in 1 season. I worry about his toughness in the playoffs too. There is a reason why the Oilers were so bad for so many years before McDavid. Buyer be ware!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I love if the Habs got Shattenkirk but he's right handed. We already have Weber/Petry. Can he play on the left side? I know Petry moved to the left side to accommodate Sergachev in pre-season but that was preseason.

I wonder how many guys want to sign in Montreal now? Especially if we go on a deep playoff run

If he could play on the left side he could be Markovs replacement. Basically Markov and a bit of DD's cap can go to Shattenkirk. Move Pleks, resign Rads, and bring in Ship. This all this summer of course.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
You think RNH would be a passionate player for the Habs in Montreal? I think the Montreal media and Fans eat him up in 1 season. I worry about his toughness in the playoffs too. There is a reason why the Oilers were so bad for so many years before McDavid. Buyer be ware!

RNH is overpaid. He's soft like Plekanec.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Has there been any agreement on a Bjugstad trade to MTL on the main boards?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

I was talking about the Oilers going after Shattenkirk not the Habs ;). As far as we're concerned we are set on the right side

Basically what Habs need is a lefty version of Shattenkirk. Who ? I have no idea but that's the type of D MB should try to find somewhere. There was talks about Fowler earlier this year but apparently he's not available anymore according to Ducks fans so...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If he could play on the left side he could be Markovs replacement. Basically Markov and a bit of DD's cap can go to Shattenkirk. Move Pleks, resign Rads, and bring in Ship. This all this summer of course.

If Markov and Pleky's salary is gone and Beaulieu is signed for another low deal, then yeah there is room in the Cap for sure! The following season, Emelin's salary goes to Price so no bid deal. It's when Patch has to be resigned that it may get tricky.

Image winning a cup without Pleky AND Markov. I would feel for those guys if that happened. They gave the Habs organization a lot over the years and I have a lot of respect for them!

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was talking about the Oilers going after Shattenkirk not the Habs ;). As far as we're concerned we are set on the right side

Basically what Habs need is a lefty version of Shattenkirk. Who ? I have no idea but that's the type of D MB should try to find somewhere. There was talks about Fowler earlier this year but apparently he's not available anymore according to Ducks fans so...

I didn't see that! But Shattenkirk on the Habs still is nice lol.

Habs really don't need a D now that Emelin has played very well with Weber. They need a 2nd line center upgrade over Pleky!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
RNH is overpaid. He's soft like Plekanec.

Gotta ask yourself why Edmonton which is challenging for the playoffs is willing to trade a former 1st overall in RNH.

Its like habs fans wanting to move Pleks. From the outside it looks good because of his 50+ pts last year and consistent 20 goal seasons. From the inside though we know Pleks is on a major slump.

And I don't think its just that someone stole his job, if there is talent there you make it work. Pitts didn't trade Malkin cuz they have Crosby.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gotta ask yourself why Edmonton which is challenging for the playoffs is willing to trade a former 1st overall in RNH.

Its like habs fans wanting to move Pleks. From the outside it looks good because of his 50+ pts last year and consistent 20 goal seasons. From the inside though we know Pleks is on a major slump.

And I don't think its just that someone stole his job, if there is talent there you make it work. Pitts didn't trade Malkin cuz they have Crosby.

RNH will be an issue for the Oilers. The old regime of 1st round picks have don't nothing for the Oilers (for the most part) but give them more picks... McDavid. Things will change with the Oilers. Lets see how many mistakes Peter Chiarelli makes! No idea what the Oilers see in this guy.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Ghetto needs to stay in the AHL all year and put up the points. He doesn't belong on the bottom 6 with the Habs and not good enough to crack the top 6. But your right, he doesn't probably need to go through waivers again due to be called up and sent down before the 10 games. Point was, if he is put on waivers for whatever reason, he may get claimed this time (might)

I agree the Habs need extra firepower. I prefer a shooter like Patch. Someone that can score from the perimeter. Not having Galchenyuk for 6-8 weeks is a good test!

If we can find a playmaker C to play with Patches that would be awesome. Not sure if there's any around though, but then we can put back Chucky with Radulov on one line and put the playmaking C with Patches.

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Patches - X - Gallagher
Danault - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn
Carr

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we can find a playmaker C to play with Patches that would be awesome. Not sure if there's any around though, but then we can put back Chucky with Radulov on one line and put the playmaking C with Patches.

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Patches - X - Gallagher
Danault - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn
Carr

I'm on record a few times (just a few lol) that I would go after Draisaitl. Best offer I could come up with is.. wait for it...

Sergachev/Gally/1st Round pick. Hate to trade Sergachev and Gally but you have to give to get! In this case, you need Markov for another year at least and Gally is replaced with one of MacCarron or Scherbak.

Drai would be a perfect fit but the Oilers prefer to unload RNH

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Dmitry Kulikov, 26, (LD, Cap hit of 4.3, last year of contract UFA)
Zemgus Girgensons, 22, (C/LW, Cap hit of 1.15, last year of contract RFA with arbitration rights)

for

Nathan Beaulieu, 24, (LD, Cap hit of 1.0, last year of contract RFA with arbitration rights)
Jacob de la Rose, 21, (C/LW), Cap hit of 0.925, last year of contract RFA without arbitration rights)
2nd round pick 2017

We add a veteran D to play on the top 4, another russian. We add a young center to play on the 3rd line.

Buffalo add a young LD that they need and could try de la Rose on the 4th line. They also like their swedes!

Sure. Kulikov is a better Beaulieu and Girgensons is a better DLR, and we have another 2017 2nd anyway. Works for me. Don't think the Sabres will have much interest.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
RNH will be an issue for the Oilers. The old regime of 1st round picks have don't nothing for the Oilers (for the most part) but give them more picks... McDavid. Things will change with the Oilers. Lets see how many mistakes Peter Chiarelli makes! No idea what the Oilers see in this guy.

Well they see a guy who won a cup in Boston and has the balls to make trades. He traded both Kessel and Sequin. One worked out the other not so much.

And already he has the team in the playoffs. Sure they have McDavid but it takes more than that to make the playoffs. Its like saying MB's tenure with the habs is all on Price.

As far as RNH, he has the failed EDM stink on him and that should be a cause for concern. Only reason I think people are interested is because he is a former 1st rounder, but TBH in a redraft he probably goes outside the top 10. Interesting player but not sure if he fits in with his contract and what he would bring to the team.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
I'm on record a few times (just a few lol) that I would go after Draisaitl. Best offer I could come up with is.. wait for it...

Sergachev/Gally/1st Round pick. Hate to trade Sergachev and Gally but you have to give to get! In this case, you need Markov for another year at least and Gally is replaced with one of MacCarron or Scherbak.

Drai would be a perfect fit but the Oilers prefer to unload RNH

Duchene I think can produce similar to Draisaitl, but wouldn't cost as much. Sergechev + Plek + 1st probably gets it done.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Isles will never have fair value when or if they trade Tavares. It will be less than Chucky +.

If they don't get interesting offers, they may just go the Tampa route with Stamkos and sign him without a safety net in place.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
Duchene I think can produce similar to Draisaitl, but wouldn't cost as much. Sergechev + Plek + 1st probably gets it done.

With Dri you get the feeling of a Getzlaf/Kopintar player...a big power forward which would be what Habs need most! Duchesne is more speed type that is great but concussions cause a think twice.
A combo of Chucks & Dri sets the Habs up for 10+years & makes up for missing the C depth last 20 years or so. That is elite C depth and a cup winning depth cause you have sooooo many options with them 2. Where as with Duchesne he & chucks are more alike.

I would take Mackinnon over Duchesne & do wtv it takes cause mac shoots right and has huge upside.

Try to keep serga but to solve the C depth would use him in Dri or Mac trade. Then trade patches & beau for fowler & Rykiel & have top 6 set & top 2 D...habs can aford to be light on D with price, a posdible team this yrar for cup, best part is low cap with radulov probably making most in 7/yr range.... dream:

Rykiel/lehk - chucks - radulov
Rykiel/lehk - Dri - Gallagher

Fowler - weber
X - petry

Jul 6, 2016
Habs need a big left winger on the 4th line.

Clifford or Andreoff from LA, or Bouma from Calgary would be good additions for a small team like the Habs.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Habs need a big left winger on the 4th line.

Clifford or Andreoff from LA, or Bouma from Calgary would be good additions for a small team like the Habs.

Agree completely.

Would love to get a Ferland type of player, but Kyle Clifford would be a solid pickup.

Two trades I'd make at or around the deadline:

1) To Montreal: Kyle Clifford

To LA Kings: 2017 3rd round draft pick.

2) To Montreal: Martin Hanzal

To Arizona: 2017 1st round pick, David Desharnais (cap), and Charles Hudon.

Gives you a big shutdown center and a third line that can dominate defensively while also putting in some goals. Also adds some snarl to our fourth line.

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Hanzal - Shaw
Clifford - Mitchell - Flynn
Lehkonen, McCarron

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Redmond
Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Status