Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It,s not about getting a better quality than Hanzal. It's about trying to analyse who could still help but without having to ship too much, or knowing that we might not have enough quality ourselves to give in a trade. That's why Hanzal is mentioned so much. I'm not a fan though.
I agree but I know that time is passing by and there is a age peak for Price, Paccio, Petry, Radu, Weber,. who knows in 2 years how they will perform? Without mentioning where Markov and Plekanec will play and what level of play they will show.
To make it short, I see a window of 3 years maximum to win the Stanley Cup before aging problem might slow the team.
Actually trying seriously to win the Cup with the addition of Hanzal doesn't convice me.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I actually think Bergevin doesn't feel pressured to add a centre. "Or course I'd like to..."

But I keep thinking about how he said in the summer that Philip Danault allowed them to trade Eller. I guess Shaw is the safety 3C.

Galcheyuk
Plekanec
Danault
Mitchell

I think they'll run with that if they need to. They have some depth options at that position too (though not that many).

I see them adding a LHD first. One capable of playing top 4 mins. Maybe a Kulikov but I don't think I'd trade him for Beaulieu. A little too lateral and you're giving up a player you have years of control left with for a guy who is UFA in July. A 2nd? 2nd + b prospect? Even then they'd have to retain or take back Desharnais.

But I don't think they'll really do much of anything beyond depth moves until the deadline, unless that offense completely craps the bed for a few weeks and we're bleeding points.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Andrighetto
Carr
3rd round pick

For

Burrows - retained salary

Beaulieu
Desharnais
2nd round pick

For

Kulikov
Foligno
5th round pick

Pacioretty Plekanec Radulov
Byron Galchenyuk Gallagher
Foligno Shaw Lehkonen
Burrows Danault Mitchell
Flynn McCarron

Emelin Weber
Kulikov Petry
Markov Redmond
Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Last edited:

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Patrick Eaves could be a player Bergevin can pick up at the deadline having a good year in Dallas on a bad team,and in the last year of his contract and only makes 1 million he will bring some more scoring depth.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Patrick Eaves could be a player Bergevin can pick up at the deadline having a good year in Dallas on a bad team,and in the last year of his contract and only makes 1 million he will bring some more scoring depth.

2nd and a 4th like Stempniak last year?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What it would take to get Sean Monahan from Calgary Flames?
This team isn't going to make the PO again, I think they're still rebuilding and the western coast is still way to strong for them.
Emelin, DD, Juulssen for Monahan and another flame

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
This team isn't going to make the PO again, I think they're still rebuilding and the western coast is still way to strong for them.
If they are rebuilding for the future why would they trade away a sure bet 22 year old 6'3 center for Emelin (30 years old), Desharnais (30 years old) and Juulssen at this point who is an unknown? Also you want them to add a player. Good luck with that.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Andrighetto
Carr
3rd round pick

For

Burrows - retained salary

Beaulieu
Desharnais
2nd round pick

For

Kulikov
Foligno
5th round pick

Pacioretty Plekanec Radulov
Byron Galchenyuk Gallagher
Foligno Shaw Lehkonen
Burrows Danault Mitchell
Flynn McCarron

Emelin Weber
Kulikov Petry
Markov Redmond
Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Terrible. Why would we trade for that garbage?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The real question is will the Flames even entertain trading Monahan? The asking price is probably Sergachev and something else. If they are trading Monahan, they probably want a top end prospect on D. Juulssen may increase his value at the world juniors but why would they want Emelin and DD? Your really only giving them Juulssen in your offer as DD is done this year and Emelin next year. I realize you have to give up salary to fit in the Habs Cap space but They are going to laugh at you at that proposal.

Monahan for Sergachev/Ghetto/2nd round pick/Pleky (Cap reasons). That might get it done but will the Flames part ways with Monahan?

Last edited:

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I wonder if given both Tampa's Struggles and their expansion issues, if we could pry one of Killorn or Drouin away... Tampa is going to lose a good player as it stands right now and one has to wonder how Drouin and Yzerman are going to fare in contract negotiations.

I would expect that Drouin would much prefer a 6M deal most of his peers are signing, but I can't think he's going to be offered more term or dollars than Kuch got this off season.

Either one of those guys would be a huge addition to our top 6 and be long term options...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
and why would the flames do that?

Again...why would the Flames do that?

:laugh: 417, there are multiples trades in reality that happened and that for every one of those, we wondered what the heck one of the GM smoke to agree to make that deal. Sure, I do understand that trading Monahan is insane unless....the GM has insane love for Sergachev. He might have. Though I agree, nobody wants DD. Nobody would care about a 28th pick if we play good and so on....

Just wanted to say that "Why would this team do that" might not be the ultimate response. AS in reality, teams have had tons of "why have they done that" moments....

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wonder if given both Tampa's Struggles and their expansion issues, if we could pry one of Killorn or Drouin away... Tampa is going to lose a good player as it stands right now and one has to wonder how Drouin and Yzerman are going to fare in contract negotiations.

I would expect that Drouin would much prefer a 6M deal most of his peers are signing, but I can't think he's going to be offered more term or dollars than Kuch got this off season.

Either one of those guys would be a huge addition to our top 6 and be long term options...

If I were Tampa I would just move Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->