Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Yeah, Strome makes a lot of sense. Hell I'd even bring back Vanek closer to the deadline.

Thomas Vanek - Alex Galchenyuk - Alexander Radulov
Max Pacioretty - Ryan Strome - Brendan Gallagher
Artturi Lehkonen - Tomas Plekanec - Andrew Shaw
Phil Danault - Torrey Mitchell - Paul Byron

How good does that forward group look? That first line would be insane, especially with Vanek on his natural wing with elite talents like 27-47.

That's a cup winning team

Maybe not Vanek but let's say a exp vet

In the summer kovalchuk would make a whole lot of sense

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
MB, get us bigger players !
That team won't survive in the Playoffs with that size we have up front.
any of Lee, Clifford, King, Ferland... Call back MaCarron.

Yup! It's good to know it's a no-brainer to some Hab fans...we're going nowhere fast in playoffs...again (but can't wait for 6'6 McCarron and 6'1-6'2 Juulsen to be FULLY developed/ready)...unless Bergevin makes many changes. Ferland...I remember not long ago he was a hitting machine (Tasmanian Devil) in playoffs for Calgary...so much energy!!

I'd take all the players (above)...would definitely make us a better/tougher playoff team. That said...I'd also take a 5'6 Theoren Fleury anyday for our playoffs;).

Pacioretty for Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Maybe, but maybe we can do better? I want to trade Pacioretty (no-show in playoffs) in a nano-second, but more for a playoff-type player.

Kadri (for Pacioretty) will be a better playoff player vs Pacioretty...that's a no-brainer (imo) just due to grit/heart/physicality/effort-hustle...Pacioretty has none of that in playoffs...he's a Tin Man...invisible man in playoffs...not hard to beat that; and maybe Kadri can be better vs Galchenyuk (for playoffs)...still not sure about Galchenyuk (for playoffs).

Playoffs:
Kadri>RNH
(I'm obviously projecting...I don't have a crystal ball!, but Kadri has a bit of playoffs-Brad-Marchand potential if he could put it all together and stay consistent.
(he's got it all like Marchand...grit, feisty/annoying, pest, physical, skilled, good/fast skater, mean streak...you hate him but you'd take him on your team! for Pacioretty I'd do that deal in a nano-second).

RNH might be too soft for the playoffs...might.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
on pace for 17 goals, 23 games in :|

it's not just puck luck either, he's looked sluggish and disinterested all season. he's just a different player now.

Well bringing in Weber to 'help' the leadership team and the rumours of what MT said must make Pacs feel like I do when the wife wants to call a handyman to fix ****, it's a blow to the manhood that she thinks that way

and it's even worse when I realise she's right

They should've just bit the bullet and handed Shea the C and got on with it, too late now

As starved as we are for scoring wingers if we can get a solid 1B Centre to support Chucky I'd trade him tmrw

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Considering Tampa Bay's going through a major slump and they are within reach to win the cup with their core (LV expansion is right around the corner), and that Stamkos is likely injured for the rest of the season, would you trade Pacioretty+ for Stamkos?

I know Stamkos has a NMC, but he did entertain a possibility to join MTL this off-season. Also, while we're in win mode now as well, we can get a rental or two, using Stamkos' LTIR. Pacioretty can thrive in Tampa Bay, and Stamkos is Stamkos.

Last edited:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In what world are we coming in front on the Hanzal deal ?

He's an UFA, always injured and far from being a star player... we give up Hudon and a 2nd ???

You realize we got Danault and a 2nd for pending UFA Weise, right? That this same Arizona team got a 1st for Vermette at the deadline. Hanzal will cost at least Hudon and a 2nd (a player we can't protect and a pick we have lots of). Hanzal is exactly what we need. You're expecting a star? What are you willing to give?

Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Hanzal - Byron
Lehkonen - Mitchell - McCarron

Carr, Flynn

I'd put that group up against any in the league, especially if we can also add a good veteran D.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Could either ARI or FLA trade for Desharnais? Considering they're stat-freak teams, and he's got good advanced stats, lol.

Compared to Hanzal (ARI):

831761fc84116565b45bc89c996fe4b6.png

Compared to Bjugstad (FLA):

e06475640729b8780dba071e8d09c498.png

Obviously I'm thinking Desharnais+ (good prospect, pick) for both cases. Could it happen? FLA's top scorer, Marchessault, likes to train with Desharnais in the off-season. He could put in a good word for him.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I don't particularly like these charts. Can be very misleading. For example, here it shows that Desharnais is an NHL player.

And I'm in the minority around here thinking that secondary assists are also important. But that's another debate.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I don't particularly like these charts. Can be very misleading. For example, here it shows that Desharnais is an NHL player.

And I'm in the minority around here thinking that secondary assists are also important. But that's another debate.

Yes, but ARI and FLA apparently love their advanced stats.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
You realize we got Danault and a 2nd for pending UFA Weise, right? That this same Arizona team got a 1st for Vermette at the deadline. Hanzal will cost at least Hudon and a 2nd (a player we can't protect and a pick we have lots of). Hanzal is exactly what we need. You're expecting a star? What are you willing to give?

Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Hanzal - Byron
Lehkonen - Mitchell - McCarron

Carr, Flynn

I'd put that group up against any in the league, especially if we can also add a good veteran D.

I'm not willing to give up a talented player like Hudon for a rental who has a lot of chances to be on the injury list come playoffs time.

... and yes, I'd be willing to give up a lot for a star player with terms... Hanzal isn't. I wish we could get him, but not at the expense of Hudon... Chicago was dumb enough to give up Danault for Weise AND Fleischmann... we don't need to repeat other's mistake, it's such a bad argument... it's like saying Wash gave up Forsberg to get Erat, why shouldn't we...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I really think if Max could net us 2 good young players (LD + C) we would have a lot less holes in our lineup.

Let's face it, our prospect pool isn't great. Max (based on his play this year) may be on the decline and doesn't show up come playoff time. The closer he gets to free agency, the less his value is given his current contract.

This is the year we should be considering moving him imo, likely with another player or 2.

Strome + CDH + Lee/Bailey would fill some holes for awhile

Hanzal + Duclair

Brodin + Nino

All would fill holes and help long term.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
It's clear Habs need a #2C & LD to be a more complete team.
I think ducks are the perfect to trade with. They need cap space for when the ir players go back into team & fit lindholm contract so... if fowler agrees to sign long term for Habs, probably around 6.5 mill cap

Mtl: fowler, rakell (roughly 8 mill cap)
Anh: patches, beaulieu ( 5.5 cap)

You can add picks/ prospects to balance out

Mtl defense would be set for the future & sick top 4 but what's better is Rakell cause he can be a #2C or that LW for chucks & Radu line which would be very dangerous, plus he shoots right & playing on off wing, could move around in the line up & is big! Next year line up

Rakell(byron)- chucks- Radu
Lehk- pleks(rakell)- Gallagher

Fowler - weber
Serga - petry

Think this a lot better line up & balanced then one with patches in it. We know patches is great scorer but everyone is about the contract, well think of his new one coming up. Are you happy to have patches playing the way he is if he cost Habs 7-8 mill a yr? Cause that's what he is going to ask for... at 4.5 ya he can get away with it a bit but at 7-8 mill, think ppl would be all over him. & don't see him getting any better but think he will go down hill sooner then later

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I don't know what's crazier, that you think Brandon Sutter could be a second line centre for any team in the league, let alone a contender or that you think he's worth a 1st rounder

Sutter is a much better option than Desharnais and makes slightly more money. He's a right handed shot which would give the Habs two left and two right shooting centers. He's a good two way guy and has scored 20 in the past which is more than Plekanec has done lately. He's signed long term which Bergevin likes. I see him as a guy who could play here and fit in Therrien's system.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I really think if Max could net us 2 good young players (LD + C) we would have a lot less holes in our lineup.

Let's face it, our prospect pool isn't great. Max (based on his play this year) may be on the decline and doesn't show up come playoff time. The closer he gets to free agency, the less his value is given his current contract.

This is the year we should be considering moving him imo, likely with another player or 2.

Strome + CDH + Lee/Bailey would fill some holes for awhile

Hanzal + Duclair

Brodin + Nino

All would fill holes and help long term.

Hanzal + Duclair is a horrible proposition for Pacioretty. Duclair's production have hit a brick wall when teams started understanding his predictable game - he's also going RFA at the end of this season and will be looking for something significantly bigger thanks to the success of his past season. Hanzal's a little feather that gets "injured" over every little stupidity and is going UFA after this season. Not to mention you'd have to protect both these players at the expense of one who for 6 years has been our top scorer + one of the league's best and most underpaid players.

The fact that one of the worst teams in the league right now, the NYI, keep scratching Strome makes me wonder if they know something others don't. Again, you don't trade away your best player/top scorer with the best of contracts possible for a prospect who's performance has been on a decline since he arrived. With CDH, who would we protect between Beaulieu/CDH? Also, Emelin/Weber line is excellent. Markov/Weber are also doing well. I don't see a burning need, or a hole in our top 4. I initially thought that with Emelin as top 2 it would be a disaster, but instead it's been a blessing. As for Lee/Bailey, again there's the expansion draft. Quality >>>> Quantity. Pacioretty is quality. Everybody hits a slump - take a look at Patrice Bergeron. The guy's got 6 points in 20 games and is carrying a $6,875,000 cap hit for the next 5 years. Would you trade Pacioretty for Bergeron even though Bergeron's numbers are lower all-around? I would. The thing is both Bergeron and Pacioretty are elite players. You don't throw them away because they're having a slow start. The only plausible trade to give quality for quantity is when a team is on rebuild mode and can test the waters and gamble with high-prospects/picks or the player wants out of the team. It's not like either player is "done". Give it time. Also, MTL is in no rush to make significant changes to their lineup. They're winning games (are currently #1), and Pacioretty has contributed to 3 game winning goals so far this season.

As for Brodin, he's a very good defenseman. He's a shutdown-first defenseman with very good upside. His offensive skills have greatly improved since last season. He could fit very well with Weber, but so does Emelin. Beaulieu would become expendable with Brodin in the picture. Also, Nino's game keeps improving, which is very good. I personally would do another trade for Brodin + Nino that does not involve Pacioretty. _?_ (Gallagher?) + Beaulieu + prospect/pick?

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Kings need offense..

:kings2

Max Pacioretty
Michael McCarron
David Desharnais

:habs

Jake Muzzin
Tanner Pearson
Nick Shore

Rangers have ton of offense and are ''weak'' on D (now & prospect Wise)

:rangers

Nathan Beaulieu
Noah Juulsen
1st 2017

JT Miller
3rd 2017

It may seem a lot, but I've watched Miller for a good 30-45 games since he came in the league, guy is awesome. With more TOI, he see him being a 60 pts player.

Pearson-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Lekhonen-Miller- Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn/Shore/Carr

Muzzin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn/Redmond

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
It's clear Habs need a #2C & LD to be a more complete team.
I think ducks are the perfect to trade with. They need cap space for when the ir players go back into team & fit lindholm contract so... if fowler agrees to sign long term for Habs, probably around 6.5 mill cap

Mtl: fowler, rakell (roughly 8 mill cap)
Anh: patches, beaulieu ( 5.5 cap)

You can add picks/ prospects to balance out

Mtl defense would be set for the future & sick top 4 but what's better is Rakell cause he can be a #2C or that LW for chucks & Radu line which would be very dangerous, plus he shoots right & playing on off wing, could move around in the line up & is big! Next year line up

Rakell(byron)- chucks- Radu
Lehk- pleks(rakell)- Gallagher

Fowler - weber
Serga - petry

Think this a lot better line up & balanced then one with patches in it. We know patches is great scorer but everyone is about the contract, well think of his new one coming up. Are you happy to have patches playing the way he is if he cost Habs 7-8 mill a yr? Cause that's what he is going to ask for... at 4.5 ya he can get away with it a bit but at 7-8 mill, think ppl would be all over him. & don't see him getting any better but think he will go down hill sooner then later

I would do this trade, but I think MTL would have to add more to it. ANA would be thrilled to acquire an elite LW with Pacioretty, and would overpay to get him with his sweet contract, but they wouldn't give away their #1LD and #1LW/2C for Pacioretty + Beaulieu. If I were MTL, this is something I would entertain. The asking price would likely be Pacioretty + Beaulieu + top-prospect though.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Kings need offense..

Max Pacioretty
Michael McCarron
David Desharnais

Jake Muzzin
Tanner Pearson
Nick Shore

Nathan Beaulieu
Noah Juulsen
1st 2017

JT Miller
3rd 2017

It may seem a lot, but I've watched Miller for a good 30-45 games since he came in the league, guy is awesome. With more TOI, he see him being a 60 pts player.

Byron-Plekanec-Shaw

Muzzin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn/Redmond

I wouldn't include Pacioretty for any of the LAK return. I don't personally like this trade at all. Muzzin, sure, but not for Pacioretty.

I reckon J.T. Miller is going to take more than that, or take off 1st/Juulsen since NYR is looking for top-end ready Dmen. They are in win-mode right now. I don't see them trading with MTL to be honest. Their best bet is ANA or MIN.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I would do 2 trades. One with ANA, one with FLA.

:ducks2
Pacioretty
Beaulieu
Sergachev/Juulsen

Fowler
Rakell

:panthers
Desharnais
Hudon
2nd 2017

Bjugstad
5th 2017

New lineup:
Rakell - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Bjugstad - Gallagher
Shaw - Plekanec - McCarron
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Boulette Canon

Aug 16, 2006

Nathan Beaulieu
Noah Juulsen
1st 2017

JT Miller
3rd 2017

McDonagh 2.0.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Kings need offense..

Max Pacioretty
Michael McCarron
David Desharnais

Jake Muzzin
Tanner Pearson
Nick Shore

Nathan Beaulieu
Noah Juulsen
1st 2017

JT Miller
3rd 2017

Byron-Plekanec-Shaw

Muzzin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn/Redmond

****ing embarrassingly awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events