Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I would do 2 trades. One with ANA, one with FLA.

:ducks2
Pacioretty
Beaulieu
Sergachev/Juulsen

:habs
Fowler
Rakell

:panthers
Desharnais
Hudon
2nd 2017

Bjugstad
5th 2017

New lineup:
Rakell - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Bjugstad - Gallagher
Shaw - Plekanec - McCarron
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

I would hold off on dealing Sergachev until we know what we have in an NHL setting. The rest of the proposals is okay. Guys like Bjugstad and Strome may be in a buy-low situation because of temporary contexts, such as a recent return from injury and rookie management in the former case and a coach trying to establish his authority at all costs in the latter case. The team needs to rid itself of DD however, so that our coach stops looking for excuses to work him into the roster. DD's a boil that needs to be lanced for the patient to get better.

With that in mind, Scherbak may also be the 2C that the big team needs. I feel that he will warrant a chance this year, assuming that boil gets lanced. The fact that he can play wing however means that his inclusion should not preclude the acquisition of Strome or Bjugstad at a bargain value.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Plekanec and something for Bryan Little. Let's define "something" now....'cause you need to pay the age difference. Need to pay the contract. Need to pay the lack of offensive touch. But in Pleks, they are getting the supposed 2-way mostly defensive C that they don't have at all. Prospect like Ghetto, Hudon, Carr? D-man like Pateryn?

The idea is that I don't want to empty the tank. I just think that Bryan Little is the best compromise there is as far as receiving quality and not giving up the whole farm team.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Plekanec and something for Bryan Little. Let's define "something" now....'cause you need to pay the age difference. Need to pay the contract. Need to pay the lack of offensive touch. But in Pleks, they are getting the supposed 2-way mostly defensive C that they don't have at all. Prospect like Ghetto, Hudon, Carr? D-man like Pateryn?

29 teams passed on the guy a few weeks ago but in Habsland, Ghetto becomes a piece in fake trades.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
29 teams passed on the guy a few weeks ago but in Habsland, Ghetto becomes a piece in fake trades.

Claiming somebody from waivers means HAVING to play him in the NHL. Trading for a guy could mean putting him on your own waivers so that he won't get claimed again, and you'll have him in your minors hoping he'd flourish with you later.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty sure that in history, some players that were passed on waivers, were traded at some point in their career. 'Cause at a certain time when the timing wasn't right to acquire a guy, it might become better at another time.

Pretty sure I named other people in there....I guess not.

I hear you and understand the implications. It's just that his name appears in so many fake trades that it's going beyond a timing issue. Nothing special about Ghetto, he may become a serviceable bottom player at some point, the type of player that most organizations already own. I just don't see how he adds any value to a potential trade, he looks more like a throw-in at best.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
McIlrath was unclaimed as well and he got traded to Florida.

Granted it wasn't for much, but it happened.

It's not that it can't happen, it's what you just wrote -- it wasn't for much. Why add nothings to all these trade permutations.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
I would do 2 trades. One with ANA, one with FLA.

:ducks2
Pacioretty
Beaulieu
Sergachev/Juulsen

Fowler
Rakell

:panthers
Desharnais
Hudon
2nd 2017

Bjugstad
5th 2017

New lineup:
Rakell - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Bjugstad - Gallagher
Shaw - Plekanec - McCarron
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

The Bjugstad trade proposal is laughable.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
Advanced stats, and what about the eye test...DD has no value guys...none, except to RDS.

I totally agree. And to boot lets trade Hudon who is out for the next 2 months with a fractured sternum. That trade proposal if agreed to would be one of the most lopsided trades in NHL history.

rfhabfan

Feb 23, 2016
Juulsen

I don't know why some Hab fans are so quick to just throw Juulsen into every trade offer. All I ever read on this kid is positive "he delivers punishing hits, responsible in our end, moves the puck out of our zone quickly and on the mark, and is a leader even at his young age." Sounds like Mcdonough and we know how that trade worked out! Only our Management knows the true character that a player posesses "partier, disruption in the room etc" I for one would not trade an asset like Juulsen when i look at the age of our current d corp. I could be wrong but my gut tells me this guy is a stud.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I don't know why some Hab fans are so quick to just throw Juulsen into every trade offer. All I ever read on this kid is positive "he delivers punishing hits, responsible in our end, moves the puck out of our zone quickly and on the mark, and is a leader even at his young age." Sounds like Mcdonough and we know how that trade worked out! Only our Management knows the true character that a player posesses "partier, disruption in the room etc" I for one would not trade an asset like Juulsen when i look at the age of our current d corp. I could be wrong but my gut tells me this guy is a stud.

It's because we're kinda stacked at the RD position. He's a good prospect but he's got guys like Weber and Petry in front of him. The habs will push for a cup these next couple years so you have to decide which players have a chance of making the team soon and which don't. If he were left handed or played on the left side then he'd be very valuable at the moment.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

Hudon
Beaulieu
2nd

:ducks

Fowler

NHL ready prospect, young left handed mobile dman with upside and a high pick.

Not sure how the cap works in this deal. And not sure that is enough to land Fowler.

rfhabfan

Feb 23, 2016
what are your thoughts on Gelinas

I think a kid like him could really improve and become a real asset as a bottom pairing dman. It would be a real positive experience even if its only during practices to be able to learn from Weber. The kid was impressive in Jersey but he didnt have any real mentor to look up to or learn from. I think given the chance he could be a good gamble. He's big has a hell of a shot and likes to skate with the puck. Might eventually fit on Webers left side. Am I way out in left field or is it worth the risk? He's got a fairly cheap cap hit too.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hudon isn't the best prospect that is for sure.

But Beaulieu has good value. A 2nd round pick isn't a toss in either.

Upgrade Hudon with a prospect like Scherbak maybe.

Still bad. Hudon hasn't shown anything yet, Beaulieu is a #5 dman and a late 2nd. They would want Gallagher which is why it's not going to happen.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Reid Boucher waived, he has a good shot and played on a line with Chucky in Sarnia.

Only 23 and had 19 points in 39 games last year.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
yeah but he's still in junior

But the habs have a competitive team so if you have a deal that makes your team better and Juulsen is a part of it then you do it. Like I said, we have depth at the position and are lacking at LW, C and LD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad