Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Guess how old Patches was when we traded him...

& that aside, I think your assessment of the flames is way off.

Well this is Hockey Futures, where prospects who have never played in the NHL are worth more than players with strong NHL careers. It's also where you turn 30 years old and you're over the hill, washed up and a worthless asset.

I would bet They won't flinch at moving Pelletier for a piece they think helps them solidify a cup run this year, even less so if the piece will bolster them beyond this year.

Contending windows are a factor, and the Flames absolutely see themselves in one right now.

We'll see how the deadline plays out... but frankly, I would be willing to bet that if it were a 1:1 discussion, Hughes is more likely to be the one saying no/wanting more than vice versa.

Past deadlines highlight that prospects like Pelletier (himself a "late 1st", one that has yet to play an NHL game in his D+3 season) are regularly on the table for playoff run/"win now" upgrades.

I think you underestimate the value toffoli represents & over value what Pelletier is worth.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Maybe if it was a contender, they would do it. Flames are a bubble team at best. They didnt make the playoffs last year, and with Gaudreau possibly leaving as a ufa, they could very well not make it the next few years.

Looking just at his stats, Pelletier has been developping as well as the flames could hope for. PPG in the wjc, and now PPG in the ahl as a 20 year old. In the ahl, he's scoring at the same rate as Boldy and Newhook, and doing better than Turcotte and Krebs.

Sam Reinhart who is far more valuable was traded for a late 1st + Levi (7th round draft pick who had played only 7 games since being drafted) last summer.

Our disagreement basically comes down to how much Pelletier is worth. If Pelletier = late 1st round value, then yes we should be able to acquire him or a similar prospect for Toffoli. However, I don't believe that to be the case.

I could see us getting a Samoskevich or a Denisenko for Toffoli. About the same ceiling as Pelletier, but much less of a sure thing. The panthers would also be more willing to trade their good prospects considering they are a contender and are already stacked in offense at the nhl level.

Check Reinhart's contract...

You can't ignore cap implications.

Also, Flames don't view themselves as a playoff bubble team. Anything short of a deep playoff run would be considered a failure, and may well cost Treviling his job.

If you think Toffoli only has late 1st value, I'd say your off. That as a return would be bad value imo, I think he returns more, or stays put.

Recent deadline deals that are better value comparisons to anchor that would be Mantha & Foligno last year, Goodrow, Coleman, Pageau, Zucker in 2019...

Pelletier's progression has been OK, but let's not forget that the flames are shopping for top 6/9 winger help, even while he's sitting in the AHL with zero NHL games played in his D+3 season...

Is he worth more than the late first he was taken worth? Probably. A lot more? Not likely.

Time will tell. If Hughes can't get more than late 1st value for Toffoli, doubt he moves him.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Nils lundkvist is my prime target.

Would be insane.

Definitely a good target. as could be Schneider, if they decide they want to keep Lundkvist instead.

Schneider may not be a well of offensive output, but he could potentially play on a first pairing as a big, mobile and physical D that can shield a smaller, more offensive pairing partner like, say, Harris (5'11").

Lundkvist would be, on the other hand, the more offensive D that could settle in alongside a more shutdown D like Guhle, or a physical D with the mobility to support him on the attack like Romanov.

There will also be a few talented RHDs likely available near the end of the 1st round and Montreal, if it doesn't land another 1st round pick at the trade deadline, could potentially move up from a very early 2nd round pick at the draft to land one such RHD.

However, the 21 year-old Lundkvist, or the 20-year old Schneider who is, for his part, already playing in the NHL are close best to landing in Montreal's lineup from the get-go.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Maybe if it was a contender, they would do it. Flames are a bubble team at best. They didnt make the playoffs last year, and with Gaudreau possibly leaving as a ufa, they could very well not make it the next few years.

Looking just at his stats, Pelletier has been developping as well as the flames could hope for. PPG in the wjc, and now PPG in the ahl as a 20 year old. In the ahl, he's scoring at the same rate as Boldy and Newhook, and doing better than Turcotte and Krebs.

Sam Reinhart who is far more valuable was traded for a late 1st + Levi (7th round draft pick who had played only 7 games since being drafted) last summer.

Our disagreement basically comes down to how much Pelletier is worth. If Pelletier = late 1st round value, then yes we should be able to acquire him or a similar prospect for Toffoli. However, I don't believe that to be the case.

I could see us getting a Samoskevich or a Denisenko for Toffoli. About the same ceiling as Pelletier, but much less of a sure thing. The panthers would also be more willing to trade their good prospects considering they are a contender and are already stacked in offense at the nhl level.
THe thing is that we don't need to trade Toffoli now, expect if Calgary accept to put Pelletier in the deal. Toffoli will have great value at the next TDL to and next summer if we don't get what we really want.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Can Dvorak be our Brassard and be moved for our future Zibanejad in some capacity? Cmon Gorton make it work lol

Reactions: Vachon23

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Definitely a good target. as could be Schneider, if they decide they want to keep Lundkvist instead.

Schneider may not be a well of offensive output, but he could potentially play on a first pairing as a big, mobile and physical D that can shield a smaller, more offensive pairing partner like, say, Harris (5'11").

Lundkvist would be, on the other hand, the more offensive D that could settle in alongside a more shutdown D like Guhle, or a physical D with the mobility to support him on the attack like Romanov.

There will also be a few talented RHDs likely available near the end of the 1st round and Montreal, if it doesn't land another 1st round pick at the trade deadline, could potentially move up from a very early 2nd round pick at the draft to land one such RHD.

However, the 21 year-old Lundkvist, or the 20-year old Schneider who is, for his part, already playing in the NHL are close best to landing in Montreal's lineup from the get-go.

Guhle-Schneider pairing to make the league shit their pants.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I agree but most the moves I see coming in summer. Not this trade deadline. Chiarot probably only move we make

Chariots gone forsure. I can see them trading Petry just to get him off the team as quick as possible as well. He hasn’t wanted to be here all season.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Rangers aren't trading Schneider. Their fans especially won't even trade him for JT Miller.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

A few matchups could do that with any of Schneider, Guhle, Romanov, Xhekaj and Mailloux. Lots of truculence coming on the back end, but with talent to go with it. Good news up ahead for the Habs' Goalies...

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think in what I saw they were suggesting a bad contract coming back. But you are right, if it was was good player at a not crazy contract that is value coming back.

And so long as that contract isn't long-term, we're rollin. For example, Petry to Dallas for Khudobin+ is the basis for a good return IMO.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I agree but most the moves I see coming in summer. Not this trade deadline. Chiarot probably only move we make

IMO, if Lehkonen is to be moved, he leaves at the deadline as well. Beyond that, apart from Lehkonen and Chiarot, we could see Kulak getting flipped as well, unless Montreal plans on re-signing him for depth they already have a read on. Hughes will want something back for players he won't be re-signing, IMO.

Same thing, maybe, for Wideman, if he can get anything back in return for him. Beyond that, not much else.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Forget the 1st for Chairot, we will be lucky to get a 2nd the way it goes. He had a solid 15-20 games to start the season, but lately he has been hot garbage like the rest of the blueline.

Cant have good things at all, this team is cursed.

Reactions: Mandalorian

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
One d-man I would like to get is Timothy Liljegren. Liljegren is a very good two-way d-man as you will see in the video

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Players be running away like this...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Only if the deal makes sense. We have time to evaluate offers 1/1 and we don't need to be in a panic to do it. Panic moves means we end up trading Petry (Cammy for Bourque).
Panic move? Are you serious? This guy is a f***ing poison to the team. We got him for cheap for a f***ing reason. His value won't raise till the end of the season and he won't attend camp next year with a newborn on the way. Trade him f***ing now, don't care what we get.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Panic move? Are you serious? This guy is a f***ing poison to the team. We got him for cheap for a f***ing reason. His value won't raise till the end of the season and he won't attend camp next year with a newborn on the way. Trade him f***ing now, don't care what we get.

There is no 33rd spot and I don't think he is hurting the youth development. I don't see a need to make the panic move unless you want to start to win more games and get the 5th pick vs the 1st OA pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad