Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Reactions: Benstheman

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
This article makes a Brad Marchand comparaison:
Jakob Pelletier Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #28 -

Generally he is seen as a two-way, skilled and fast top 6 forward potential.

Here, it reports that some scouts saw Yzerman two-way play and leadership abilities in the young Pelletier:

https://thehockeywriters.com/jakob-pelletier-2019-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Not sure how accurate are these articles.
Based on the usual ridiculous overblown comparisons for scouting reports I guess it means he's likely to be a solid middle sixer like a Toffoli but with a different skillset.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Build a team in St-Louis' image -- Caufield, Pelletier, Johnny hockey -- Line up anyone with skill and determination 5'9" and under...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't see habs moving Dvorak and they shouldn't unless like petry, he asked to be moved. He's young, cost-controlled for 3 years and plays C. that's right C, the position we gutted again last summer. He stays as far as i'm concerned.

Depends on which Cs may come back in deals that Hughes makes between now and the TDL. I wouldn't exclude anything at this point, it's not as if Dvorak is a difference maker. We have a need at C with or without Dvorak -- it needs to be addressed regardless. Maybe Dvorak gets moved and Hughes lands some other C better than Dvorak? Wouldn't put it past him.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
Gallagher and Toffoli vs Monahan and Pelletier.

Two negative value player + what they need top (top6 fire) + what we need (Grade A forward prospect)
Suzuki + Monahan + Dvo : we have something in the middle. Not the best but something

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
No way they're taking on that much salary on term unless they plan on walking away from Gaudreau and Tkachuk
Fact. My bad.

Edit :

If we say we just say :

Monahan *6.375 x 2*
Pelletier *ELC 863k*
Tyler Pitlik *UFA 1.75* cap dump

Vs
Toffoli *4.25 x 3*
Armia *3.4 x 4*

Last edited:

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
If we take Monahan back I think we can get Jakob. Dump Armia is a pipe dream but Monahan is taking alot of Gaudreau $$

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
There is no chance Calgary trades Pelletier for Toffoli. He's their top prospect, and Toffoli isn't returning a top prospect.

That's a weird take...

A player of Toffoli's age, productivity & cap hit/contract should & would only get traded for a top prospect.

Pelletier being, arguably (I follow flames closely, I think many in their org would still consider Zary as having the higher NHL impact ceiling) the flames top prospect is one thing... but he's not a blue chip or can't miss elite prospect.

He's exactly the kind of prospect a toffoli type asset would require in trade imo.

Consider Patches return a few years back... a better prospect in Suzuki + 2nd... toffoli isn't Patches level, but he's the notch right below & on a better deal (cap % & term)...

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
If we take Monahan back I think we can get Jakob. Dump Armia is a pipe dream but Monahan is taking alot of Gaudreau $$
Probably the only scenario where it's possible. Not sure they'll tackle paying to shed Monahan's salary before the deadline unless they have agreement's on new deals for Gaudreau/Tkachuk already worked out. If one of the 2 doesn't stay then they don't really need to deal Monahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad