Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Can we get anything for Shea Weber? Like a 2nd round pick? Please?

We can't carry that disaster of a contract going forward. It's worse than Redden, worse than Gomez, worse than Clarkson, probably the worst contract in the league.

Don't even think about it. Weber stays here. Bergevin will die with him and Molson too. They wanted him, Habs will stick with him for the next decade. Weber did not land in an offensive hockey force in the league, Bergevin can fix problems elsewhere before touching Weber.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You said it. 7 games PO time. Crosby will win over Hanzal at the end, in all logic. What center will bring offensive goals? Danault? Galchenyuk? Plekanec? McCaron? Mitchell?

Crosby might get injured and maybe Malkin too, so there is a tiny chance to beat Pittsburg. I would not bet my backyard cabana on this, lol.

I'd take my shot at Hanzal.

And Crosby's lost his share of 7-game series so it's not like he runs through everybody. Someone like Hanzal can definitely make it difficult for someone like Crosby. It can't be easy having a 6'6" and about 230lbs who isn't slow and has an edge lean on you an entire series.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd take my shot at Hanzal.

And Crosby's lost his share of 7-game series so it's not like he runs through everybody. Someone like Hanzal can definitely make it difficult for someone like Crosby. It can't be easy having a 6'6" and about 230lbs who isn't slow and has an edge lean on you an entire series.

If the other team isn't scoring goals, we're halfway to winning a game. The team can use any improvement, just get the players that are available and won't mortgage the future.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
So Hanzal is good at shut down opponent center but what about scoring goals? Who can score goals after Paccio and Radu?

Hanzal won't come cheap, trade deadline is as bad as July 1 for overpaying, based on supply. Someone will burn a 1st on him. I would if I was MB.

Pick up Rene Bourque for Andrighetto.

Pacioretty-Hanzal-Radulov
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw
Bourque-Mitchell-Byron

4 lines that can battle

I think another defenseman is needed, someone to pair with Beaulieu. Maybe Josh Gorges for the sake of nostalgia. If you can get retention on his salary. He's now worth less than the 2nd he was traded for:laugh: Penalty killers are premium players for the playoffs, and less PK time for Markov would keep his minutes manageable.

Last edited:

jmurray77

Oct 10, 2006
Wish list Edler, Hanzal and Bolig and in any transaction takes Emelin with it .

max, Hanzal, Gallagher
Lehkonen , Galchyuk, Radulaov
Danualt, pleks, shaw
bolig, Mitchell, Carr

Edler-Weber
Markov- petry
nestrov- pateryn

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
why give up mccaron? for the first time we have a big player that has a little bit of skills

He can also screen the net

jmurray77

Oct 10, 2006
for me Hanzal is a Top ten face off man tough to play against 25 goal scorer. Mccaron has that potential in 5 years Price and Weber's time is now. You don't bring in a 31 year old Shea Webber and have a prime Carey Price and say lets wait 5 years til Mccaron gets good IMO. He ain't no John Leclair.

jmurray77

Oct 10, 2006
Evander Kane is 6-2 , 30 goal scorer and tough to play against , I'd do Lehkonen and a 1st . Since Gainey added Gio, Cammaleri and Gomez this team has been easy to play against, for lack of a better Brian Burke term they need Speed but Truculence

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
for me Hanzal is a Top ten face off man tough to play against 25 goal scorer. Mccaron has that potential in 5 years Price and Weber's time is now. You don't bring in a 31 year old Shea Webber and have a prime Carey Price and say lets wait 5 years til Mccaron gets good IMO. He ain't no John Leclair.

Hanzal is a 25 goal scorer? Yet his career high is 16?

:help:

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
Evander Kane is 6-2 , 30 goal scorer and tough to play against , I'd do Lehkonen and a 1st . Since Gainey added Gio, Cammaleri and Gomez this team has been easy to play against, for lack of a better Brian Burke term they need Speed but Truculence

Jonathan Cheechoo is a 55 goal scorer. Let's get him too

jmurray77

Oct 10, 2006
Hanzal got 16 in 51 games this year, its an 82 game season you add him to Maxs line that 25 IMO. To top it off he is top ten in face offs and tough to handle in front of the net

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
They need to trade a winger Gallagher to get a center ....Rakell .....Anaheim has Getzlaf and Kesler at center with Sam Steel coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad