Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Connection with Julien ?

I don't think we will trade actual players. More like draft picks.

Like a 2nd round pick for Iginla.
For a depth player I would spend a second round pick for Iginla. Or a third round pick, conditional second round pick if he plays.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
You need a lot of different things to make a line work. Most teams work in duos nowadays anyway. Find combinations that work and find a capable third wheel... Such is life in a salary cap world. Chucky and Radulov can both shoot and pass. I disagree Gallagher or even Shaw couldn't work with them if it came to it. A net crasher is never a bad thing to have on a line.

Get Duchene and simply move Pacioretty to his line. That's your template. Move other players around and see what works best. Danault can be moved back to the wing for the time being if Plekanec can't be moved in an hypothetical Duchene deal. He can still play center on the PK or some other situations.

You don't trade for Hanzal to play him on the wing. That'd be silly.

Andrighetto - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn/McCarron

To me that'd be optimal.

Those lines actually look good to me. I might switch Duchene and Galchenyuk around if it looks like Chucky needs more help in the D zone. But you won't really know what has more chemistry until you try it.
I'd love to see the Habs trade for Duchene even if it means losing Sergachev.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
You need a lot of different things to make a line work. Most teams work in duos nowadays anyway. Find combinations that work and find a capable third wheel... Such is life in a salary cap world. Chucky and Radulov can both shoot and pass. I disagree Gallagher or even Shaw couldn't work with them if it came to it. A net crasher is never a bad thing to have on a line.

Get Duchene and simply move Pacioretty to his line. That's your template. Move other players around and see what works best. Danault can be moved back to the wing for the time being if Plekanec can't be moved in an hypothetical Duchene deal. He can still play center on the PK or some other situations.

You don't trade for Hanzal to play him on the wing. That'd be silly.

Andrighetto - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn/McCarron

To me that'd be optimal.
Andrighetto can't play on the first line on a constant basis, otherwise this look very decent. He could swap with Byron?

What about this:
Pacioretty Danault Radulov
Galchenyuk Duchene Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Shaw
Byron Mitchell McCarron or Flynn.

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Andrighetto can't play on the first line on a constant basis, otherwise this look very decent. He could swap with Byron?

I honestly think he can, in a support role.

There's only one way to find out.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
What does he bring to this team that Plekanec can't? Or did we trade Plekanec while I was gone?

I don't understand the link between Andrighetto and Plekanec, or how they should relate at all.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I don't understand the link between Andrighetto and Plekanec, or how they should relate at all.
So you would play Andrighetto instead of Plekanec, that's the major difference between my line up and yours.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
So you would play Andrighetto instead of Plekanec, that's the major difference between my line up and yours.

Oh, that.

No, in my hypothetical line-up, you'll notice Duchene on the 2nd line. Meaning Plekanec would be going the other way to balance salaries.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Oh, that.

No, in my hypothetical line-up, you'll notice Duchene on the 2nd line. Meaning Plekanec would be going the other way to balance salaries.
I should have assumed that. My bad. So you're on board too to trade Sergachev to get Duchene, because they will take nothing less.

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
Who get's moved?

Not to be too harsh in my comments but "No excuses " means that the next people to go won't be the coaches. So who will it be? We know who won't be here next year - Desharnais, Plekanec (if he doesn't start producing like a $6 million player) but who else?

Andrighetto?
Flynn?
Byron?

We can keep shuffling the deck but just as PK wasn't expendable other "star players" can also be available.

Gallagher? If he's always hurt he can't earn his salary.

Emelin? Too much money, not enough performance

Petry? Another Bergey mistake.

Price? He's gone from hero to zero in 2 years. The best goalie in the league to playing to get his coach fired. I would trade him at the end of the year.

Keepers

Pacioretty - the best player that we've had in the last 25 years
Radulov - the best hab this year
Weber - we've dug our grave with him as a #1, serviceable but age is catching up to him
Galchenyuk - what has he done not to stick around. A big raise is coming his way.
Beaulieu- I never understood all of the hate. PK made twice as many mistakes but people liked him so he got away with it.
Shaw - See Weber, younger but is he worth it?
Danault, Lekhonen - young studs and we don't have that many

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
That's too much. I would go with Juulsen.
Of course we want to only give Juulsen but Colorado wants Sergachev. They might just keep Duchene if we don't give them what they want. Duchene has two more years left on his contract.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I should have assumed that. My bad. So you're on board too to trade Sergachev to get Duchene, because they will take nothing less.

Sergachev, Scherbak, Plekanec and a pick... I'd be down with that.

We need to gun for it sooner and later. The clock is already ticking with Price and Weber.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Heard a couple of rumblings and I'm calling a trade with Colorado by the end of this week.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

We need to gun for it sooner and later. The clock is already ticking with Price and Weber.
Do we really need to get rid of Plekanec for this to work? Sergachev AND Sherbak seems like and over payment then we lose Plekanec who is useful.

Oct 22, 2012

I voted no to trading Sergachev, but if the reward for dealing with last season ends up being Duchene in the end, that's not too bad. Could be worse.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Do we really need to get rid of Plekanec for this to work? Sergachev AND Sherbak seems like and over payment then we lose Plekanec who is useful.

Duchene is at 6M, so is Plekanec... We'll have to resign Chucky and Beaulieu this summer, Radulov as well.

It's for convenience sake. I don't like Danault in the top 6 as a center, but I think he'd be fine on the 3rd line to replace Plekanec. I'm one of the few that still value Plekanec's contribution on this board, but we're tight on cap space as it is.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

We would benefit of a break by trading Plekanec and not have him back for his final season next year at 6 million.

Trading DD right now doesn't really make much of a difference for next year cause he is not coming back.

Also Danault is a perfect #3, Plekanec is not needed if we add a top 6 center

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Nah, they really want Sergachev because it is known he's a stud.

They need a top 4 LD, ideally top pairing LD... Already Johnson and Barrie on RD. So really, I don't see the need for them to go after Juulsen. He doesn't play LD and he doesn't project into a top pairing guy either.

And beyond needs, he just doesn't have anywhere near the value as a main piece in a deal for Duchene.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I find it hard for a guy like Bergevin to trade draft picks and former 1st rounders away........eg....Sergachev........He is all about the draft and building his team around that......is he going to contradict himself.......I think not.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I find it hard for a guy like Bergevin to trade draft picks and former 1st rounders away........eg....Sergachev........He is all about the draft and building his team around that......is he going to contradict himself.......I think not.

The guy just traded two 2nd rounders for Andrew friggin' Shaw, and he couldn't stomach moving a prospect for an established top 6 center?

If that's true, he needs to set his priorities straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce