Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Not sure those guys solve our scoring problems. Would they really be an upgrade on the likes of Danault/Plekanec?

I don't think we need another game breaking forward. We have Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Radulov already, that's three. Adding one of the guys I mentioned would improve our depth greatly and free up Plekanec/Gallagher etc to do a bit more offensively.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Not sure those guys solve our scoring problems. Would they really be an upgrade on the likes of Danault/Plekanec?

Well, I think he's an improvement over Pleks offensively at this point and is about as good defensively too. He would bring some size down the middle which is pretty important. But yeah, the guy is extremely injury prone. It's a risk.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't get it either. Trading away the only good LD prospect we have and will need shortly for a guy who can't crack 60 and becomes a UFA soon doesn't make sense. We'd even be expected to add quite a bit to this if we're going by what the Avs expect as a return.

If you're going to trade Sergachev, it better be for a game breaker. Not sure MD is that player.

There were 12 centres in the league with 30 goals last season.

You're right, he can't crack 60, playing with the likes of Iginla and Blake Comeau.

You can't say he's a UFA soon. He's a UFA after two additional seasons after this one. He grew up loving the team and I bet having elite speed will do him better in the East than it did the West.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
We will not get Landeskog or Duchene if it costs Sergachev.

I wouldn't be the farm on that. Theres a new sheriff in town that may be looking for different things than the old one.

I'd be ok with trading for these 2, provided it doesn't cost anyone currently in our top 6.

Sergachev, Scherbak, Juulsen, McCarron. 2 of these

Plekanec* *Salary and a bonafide roster player has to go ... this also assume Danault can step into 3C role

Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Carr. 2 of these *Salary and a bonafide roster player has to go ... this also assume Danault can step into 3C role

Petry, Emelin, Beaulieu 1 of these if the Avs don't take both of Sergachev and Juulsen

1 first round and 1 second round pick

Now our Fwds are

Patches Duchene Radulov
Landeskog Chucky Gally
Shaw Danault Byron
XXX Mitchell XXXX

XXX = whoever survives the carnage

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
I doubt that.

They will just move one or both or neither at the draft.

Them still having Duchense and Landeskog on their roster next season is not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination.

They don't need to trade anyone.

Teams might draft a defender they like this June and all of the sudden they are more eager to move some of the aforementioned prospect D's.

Quoted for truth.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We can't get Duchene according to the main board guys, they want Sergachev+Galchenyuk. I used to worship Joe Sakic but he has gone mad.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
We can't get Duchene according to the main board guys, they want Sergachev+Galchenyuk. I used to worship Joe Sakic but he has gone mad.

Lol... MB is not even close to dumb enough to do that and he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Galch is easily equal to Duchene. Serg is pretty close too.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I wonder if Julien's hiring may change the team's opinion of Vanek. Therrien didn't seem to know what to do with him but Julien may want a player like that. Certainly a LW/RW who can score and make plays and wouldn't cost too much seems attractive. Had good chemistry with Pacioretty.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I don't think we need another game breaking forward. We have Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Radulov already, that's three. Adding one of the guys I mentioned would improve our depth greatly and free up Plekanec/Gallagher etc to do a bit more offensively.

One thing about Julien is that he got balanced scoring out of his roster. There is an impression that he plays a 'defense-first' style, which may be true, but Boston has consistently finished high in goals scored - largely in part due to balanced contributions rather than top-end scoring so you might be on to something. We do need to find a way to kickstart our forwards though. Pacioretty and Radulov are the only ones producing.

I don't see these guys as freeing up Plekanec offensively though. I think he's done in that sense and is pretty much a 3rd line C at this point, which is also what Danault should be in an optimal lineup, which is why I question the value of adding yet another 3rd line caliber C. I realize that Hanzal provides more offense and might be a cut above, so he could help if the offer is reasonable. But then where would Plek line up? It almost seems like he has to go if one of these other guys are coming in and with his contract, I don't see it happening.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wonder if Julien's hiring may change the team's opinion of Vanek. Therrien didn't seem to know what to do with him but Julien may want a player like that. Certainly a LW/RW who can score and make plays and wouldn't cost too much seems attractive. Had good chemistry with Pacioretty.

Julien certainly shown in the past to be able to work with players like him. He's the only coach who was able to do something with Ryder in playoffs.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Good call, maybe Vanek would be a better fit with Clode...

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Julien certainly shown in the past to be able to work with players like him. He's the only coach who was able to do something with Ryder in playoffs.

As I recall, part of what made that team dangerous was they had PP options on both sides. Everyone remembers Markov teeing up Souray on the right point but we also had Ryder who was able to walk off the wall and score from the left side. This team has had absolutely no left side shooting option for years. It's all been point shots and one timers from the right side.

With a guy like Vanek, or perhaps Sharp, you have a legit RHS option on the left side that teams would have to pay attention to, thus opening up room for some of the other options (point shot, Galchenyuk/Pacioretty one timer).

I know we have Gallagher, Shaw and McCarron who are RHS PP guys but those are mostly net front/puck retrieval guys, not shooters.

We also need help with our PP zone entries. Muller has been trying some different options but with guys like Radulov and Galchenyuk who have the ability to dangle into the zone with control, you'd think they might want to try some version of the bump back play that teams having been using. Interested to see what changes Julien makes on the PP for sure. Obviously PK too.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Adding another top 6 winger, to me, is a good step forward.

Vanek is an interesting option on the left-side and imo would cause havoc with Radulov.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Vanek-Danault-Radulov

2 guys who can score on each line. Wingers both on their off-hand on our second line would make defending that line interesting. If used on the PP together works like switching the dmen sides in a way, with a quick release on either wing.....cost-wise would be a cheaper option as well.

I don't know if MB revisits that though tbh.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
How much better would this team be if players like Pacioretty and Gallagher could win faceoffs more than half of the time? They better start practicing because the Julien era is beginning.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Adding another top 6 winger, to me, is a good step forward.

Vanek is an interesting option on the left-side and imo would cause havoc with Radulov.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Vanek-Danault-Radulov

2 guys who can score on each line. Wingers both on their off-hand on our second line would make defending that line interesting. If used on the PP together works like switching the dmen sides in a way, with a quick release on either wing.....cost-wise would be a cheaper option as well.

I don't know if MB revisits that though tbh.

Vanek is sooo slow ! i can't see him with the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->