Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Duchene is at 6M, so is Plekanec... We'll have to resign Chucky and Beaulieu this summer, Radulov as well.

It's for convenience sake. I don't like Danault in the top 6 as a center, but I think he'd be fine on the 3rd line to replace Plekanec. I'm one of the few that still value Plekanec's contribution on this board, but we're tight on cap space as it is.
I don't like Danault either in the top 6 but he proved he can play with Pacioretty and Radulov. This is about this season, and the playoffs. We don't even know if Radulov will resign with us. The goal is to win a Cup this year. If we can't keep all of the players after, who cares?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I am all in for Duchene as long as we don't have to deal Galchenyuk or Sergachev for him, I'd trade literally anyone else for him (other than Pacioretty/Radulov/Price/Weber of course, but I doubt any of those are even an option).

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't like Danault either in the top 6 but he proved he can play with Pacioretty and Radulov.

He would be able to play that way for a complete season

Look at Weise and others who have done well for short spans, let's not get fooled by 5-10 games

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
The guy just traded two 2nd rounders for Andrew friggin' Shaw, and he couldn't stomach moving a prospect for an established top 6 center?

If that's true, he needs to set his priorities straight.

Well Boston has reported they aren't giving up McAvoy for Duchene and same goes for Sergachev.......for what I think.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I am all in for Duchene as long as we don't have to deal Galchenyuk or Sergachev for him, I'd trade literally anyone else for him (other than Pacioretty/Radulov/Price/Weber of course, but I doubt any of those are even an option).

It'd have to start with Beaulieu and Gallagher then I suppose.

I'm a lot more comfortable with moving Sergachev than these two. Especially if the goal is to win in the near future.

When is Sergachev going to have a substantial impact on this team, if he ever ends up a legit top pairing defenseman to begin with? How does it align with guys like Weber and Price that are fast approaching the downside of their career, moreso in Weber's case? How long can afford to wait?

I mean, Duchene is only 26. He can be a part of the core for years to come.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
How are we going to acquire a premium player if were not willing to give up an asset like Sergachev?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
In the draft last year Bergevin and Timmins could of picked a center......Jost, Brown, or McCleod..........they didn't they took the best defenceman in the OHL.

There not trading that away.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
How are we going to acquire a premium player if were not willing to give up an asset like Sergachev?

We have a lot of other premium assets that other teams would want and we don't need as badly as Sergachev (McCarron/Scherbak/Juulsen etc...)

Sergachev fills the impending Markov void better than Beaulieu

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
In the draft last year Bergevin and Timmins could of picked a center......Jost, Brown, or McCleod..........they didn't they took the best defenceman in the OHL.

There not trading that away.

You don't pick a player based on immediate needs. Sure, we need a center now. None of Jost, Brown or McLeod are in the NHL right now. Likely won't be in the NHL next year either. Might be in the NHL two years from now in a limited role. Might have an actual impact in 4 years...

Same goes for Sergachev. We had a big need for a LD in the system with Markov nearing retirement. But I think they just went with who they thought was BPA.

We have a lot of other premium assets that other teams would want and we don't need as badly as Sergachev (McCarron/Scherbak/Juulsen etc...)

But no one fills the CURRENT need on the top 6.

And Sergachev won't actually fill that need on LD for a few years still.

And the clock never stops ticking...

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Now that we have a better coach, that won before, players will listen to the new system and we will have results.

I don't think we need to overpay with current players if we want to have a shot at the Stanley Cup. Beaulieu and Galchenyuk stay IMO.

I expect us to change draft picks and middle prospects like Carr, Andrighetto, DLR for rentals.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

Maybe some teams want McCarron, not sure though. Sherbak and Juulsen's stock are not high either.

Let's just keep Sergachev, not win a Cup, so that he will replace Markov.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Montreal for sure will pick up a veteran d-man who can help kill penalties like Seidenberg or Oduya,with Julien now the coach he knows Seidenberg very well from their Stanley cup together Seidenberg a left handed shot who plays the right side.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Maybe some teams want McCarron, not sure though. Sherbak and Juulsen's stock are not high either.

Let's just keep Sergachev, not win a Cup, so that he will replace Markov.

Duchene is not the piece we need to win a Cup if Plekanec returns to his last year's form and Galchenyuk becomes a true center ( Galchenyuk wasn't a good center in Michou's system but could be in Julien's).

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Montreal for sure will pick up a veteran d-man who can help kill penalties like Seidenberg or Oduya,with Julien now the coach he knows Seidenberg very well from their Stanley cup together Seidenberg a left handed shot who plays the right side.

Maybe Beauchemin too, but that's our biggest need. Veteran LD.

Good idea about Seidenberg.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Duchene is not the piece we need to win a Cup if Plekanec returns to his last year's form and Galchenyuk becomes a true center ( Galchenyuk wasn't a good center in Michou's system but could be in Julien's).

Why wouldn't he be?

Plekanec isn't going to get back to a top 6 level. And Plekanec never really got it done in the playoffs to begin with either.

Galchenyuk - Danault - Plekanec doesn't get you a cup. It doesn't get you anywhere near a cup.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Why wouldn't he be?

Plekanec isn't going to get back to a top 6 level. And Plekanec never really got it done in the playoffs to begin with either.

Galchenyuk - Danault - Plekanec doesn't get you a cup. It doesn't get you anywhere near a cup.

Giving Galchenyuk for Duchene gives us nothing. Sergachev is too much for Duchene.

Let's try a UFA like Hanzal, Berglund...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

We don't really have to trade all those young players now, we finally have a coach who will know how to handle those young players and have them find their role on the team.

Look at the Bruins, Julien wasn't scared to give younger players a real chance, Pastrnak, Carlo, Krug....

Having a coach that benches you after every mistake or doesn't play you to your strength doesn't help a development

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
So you don't even want to trade for anyone? Just keep this **** team as it is? I'm sure Julien is going to make up for the 5 scoring chance difference per game.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not to be too harsh in my comments but "No excuses " means that the next people to go won't be the coaches. So who will it be? We know who won't be here next year - Desharnais, Plekanec (if he doesn't start producing like a $6 million player) but who else?

Andrighetto?
Flynn?
Byron?

We can keep shuffling the deck but just as PK wasn't expendable other "star players" can also be available.

Gallagher? If he's always hurt he can't earn his salary.

Emelin? Too much money, not enough performance

Petry? Another Bergey mistake.

Price? He's gone from hero to zero in 2 years. The best goalie in the league to playing to get his coach fired. I would trade him at the end of the year.

Keepers

Pacioretty - the best player that we've had in the last 25 years
Radulov - the best hab this year
Weber - we've dug our grave with him as a #1, serviceable but age is catching up to him
Galchenyuk - what has he done not to stick around. A big raise is coming his way.
Beaulieu- I never understood all of the hate. PK made twice as many mistakes but people liked him so he got away with it.
Shaw - See Weber, younger but is he worth it?
Danault, Lekhonen - young studs and we don't have that many
I cannot take you seriously with having Price as goner and Pacioretty as a keeper.. Like Holy reactonary list.

Price has proved more in his career than Pacioretty. It's not a slump that will change it.

Pacioretty is on a hot streak and I know he will go back soon enough to the non physical, not scoring one soon like he always did.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Giving Galchenyuk for Duchene gives us nothing. Sergachev is too much for Duchene.

Let's try a UFA like Hanzal, Berglund...

I never said I'd give Galchenyuk for Duchene. The point is to have two top 6 centers, not trade one for another.

Sergachev isn't "too much" for Duchene. For Christ sake, people overvalue prospects around here it's insane. Duchene's a 3rd overall pick, by the way. One that fulfilled his potential at that.

We don't need more bottom sixers. Hanzal and Berglund fix none of our issues and will cost us assets that would be better spent elsewhere, such as in a bigger deal for a much better player... Such as Duchene.

Duchene isn't a rental either. He'd be here for years and fits in with the age of our core.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I never said I'd give Galchenyuk for Duchene. The point is to have two top 6 centers, not trade one for another.

Sergachev isn't "too much" for Duchene. For Christ sake, people overvalue prospects around here it's insane. Duchene's a 3rd overall pick, by the way. One that fulfilled his potential at that.

We don't need more bottom sixers. Hanzal and Berglund fix none of our issues and will cost us assets that would be better spent elsewhere, such as in a bigger deal for a much better player... Such as Duchene.

Duchene isn't a rental either. He'd be here for years and fits in with the age of our core.

It's too much only because we badly need LD prospects.

Juulsen is okay in this case for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad