Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Why not? Some have to do with luck. Subban and Lehkonen is better then Eller. Urquhart and Lapierre not so much but you never know.

As an example, look at the 2nd rounders from the 2007 NHL entry draft, the year Eller was drafted.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2007e.html

Very few of them have accomplished more in the NHL than Eller has. Of those 30 guys:

- Only 1 has played more NHL games than Eller;
- Only 4 have played 50% as many games as Eller has or more (Wayne Simmonds, Nick Spaling, T.J. Galiardi, PK Subban);
- Only two (PK Subban, Wayne Simmonds) have more NHL points than Eller;
- If you instead look at the 2006 NHL 2nd round to see how many players have 175 or more points (what Eller will have at the end of this year, approximately), you find Nikolai Kulemin, Milan Lucic, Artem Anisimov, ... so that's 3 players out of 30;

Generally the 2nd round is a barren field with a few stray flowers randomly distributed. The average patch though is just dead soil. You guys overestimate the worth of 2nd rounders, possibly because you've been spoiled by Timmins.

Your odds of getting a player better than Eller in the 2nd round are simply extremely low.

Vincent Lecavalier

Jul 3, 2016
Ile Blizzard
Do we really have to trade for a 2nd C?
Can't we just wait for free agency? after we sign Chucky, Radu and Price obv.
Who knows maybe pleky and DD will turn into playoffs beasts when they realize it just might be their last shot at it.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If Winnipeg is out of the playoff race, Bryan Little would be a nice addition as a second line centre.

They might need to protect 4 D (Byfug/Myers/Enstrom/Trouba), so getting assets for him now could be worthwhile.

Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Little - Gallagher
Danault - Plekanec - Byron
Lehkonen - McCarron - Mitchell

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Do we really have to trade for a 2nd C?
Can't we just wait for free agency? after we sign Chucky, Radu and Price obv.
Who knows maybe pleky and DD will turn into playoffs beasts when they realize it just might be their last shot at it.
Wait? This team real window is now and next year. After that its up in the air but I will predict huge cap issues once Patches and Price contracts are up.

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
As an example, look at the 2nd rounders from the 2007 NHL entry draft, the year Eller was drafted.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2007e.html

Very few of them have accomplished more in the NHL than Eller has. Of those 30 guys:

- Only 1 has played more NHL games than Eller;
- Only 4 have played 50% as many games as Eller has or more (Wayne Simmonds, Nick Spaling, T.J. Galiardi, PK Subban);
- Only two (PK Subban, Wayne Simmonds) have more NHL points than Eller;
- If you instead look at the 2006 NHL 2nd round to see how many players have 175 or more points (what Eller will have at the end of this year, approximately), you find Nikolai Kulemin, Milan Lucic, Artem Anisimov, ... so that's 3 players out of 30;

Generally the 2nd round is a barren field with a few stray flowers randomly distributed. The average patch though is just dead soil. You guys overestimate the worth of 2nd rounders, possibly because you've been spoiled by Timmins.

Your odds of getting a player better than Eller in the 2nd round are simply extremely low.

That's why Eller is worth two 2nd, to get better odds. I look at the Eller trade in a different angle. As of now it's mostly Eller for Shaw. For the next two years it gives us an opportunity of moving up with our first round pick.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That's why Eller is worth two 2nd, to get better odds. I look at the Eller trade in a different angle. As of now it's mostly Eller for Shaw. For the next two years it gives us an opportunity of moving up with our first round pick.

Yes, it's a good trade for the Habs as it cleared cap space for Shaw and roster space for Danault. With that said, I would have preferred Teuvo Terrevainen to Andrew Shaw.

Washington had different priorities however and that's why they made the trade. Eller is now up to 7 points and -2 in 36 games, he's doing a little better recently and is not the catastrophe this board makes him out to be.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What do you guys think of this potential trade :

Juulsen
McCarron
De La Rose
1st

for

Duchene

I personally think Colorado doesn't bite unless we make the trade around Sergachev but I'm unwilling to offer him even for Duchene.

Proposed Line-up when healthy :

Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Carr - Danault - Mitchell/Flynn

DD : Healthy Scratch or Cap dumped.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If Winnipeg is out of the playoff race, Bryan Little would be a nice addition as a second line centre.

They might need to protect 4 D (Byfug/Myers/Enstrom/Trouba), so getting assets for him now could be worthwhile.

Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Little - Gallagher
Danault - Plekanec - Byron
Lehkonen - McCarron - Mitchell

Nice idea, but I would say it is extremely unlikely the Jets have any intention of protecting Tobias Enstrom. He's a shadow of his former self.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

Juulsen
McCarron
De La Rose
1st

for

Duchene

I personally think Colorado doesn't bite unless we make the trade around Sergachev but I'm unwilling to offer him even for Duchene.

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw

Colorado probably wouldn't do it

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

Juulsen
McCarron
De La Rose
1st

for

Duchene

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw

I don't know if Colorado does that, but I agree with being unwilling to move Serg for a deal involving Duchene.

I really think we could get RNH for much less however, can be an effective 2C, maybe not as good as Duchene but cost-wise I'd prefer Nuge

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If i'm the Avs it's Sergachev or nothing.

Juulsen,McCarron,DLR and a late 1st all project as complimentary players.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Let's say our first line is PAC-galchy-radulov

What do we got after ? Gallagher , plekanec , lehkonen ? There's holes in our top 6

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wait? This team real window is now and next year. After that its up in the air but I will predict huge cap issues once Patches and Price contracts are up.

If you analyze in depth the next 3 seasons, the Habs will not huge Cap problems.

2017 off season:
Expiring contracts of Chucky, Radulov, Markov, DD, Flynn, Beaulieu, and buyout of Parenteau will cover what the Habs need to re-sign Chucky, Radulov, Beaulieu, and Markov.

2018 off season: The following season... Price, Emelin, & Pleky's contract expire and you can re-sign Price easily.

2019 off season:
This is where it's harder to predict but by this time, there will be cap increases more than likely and money to re-sign Patch.

Now if the Habs acquire a 2nd line center and add to salary this off season, it gets to be a bit more challenging but it's not a huge problem.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

What do we got after ? Gallagher , plekanec , lehkonen ? There's holes in our top 6

Galchenyuk and Radulov were playing well with Byron, you can stick Byron/Shaw or whoever there and put Patch and Gallagher on the second line.

A second line centre who can provide offense would help a ton, then can allow Plekanec/Mitchell/Danault to centre the bottom two lines and take the defensive matchups.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Thats why you don't throw all your eggs in one basket (1st line) ;)

How about this...

Byron / Chucky / Radulov
Patch / Danault / Shaw
Lehkonen / Pleky / Gally
Carr / Mitchell / McCarron

Pleky is the guy who is hard to find a spot for. If the Habs can magically find that 2nd line center, move Danault to the 3rd line, then things start to look much much better IMO. I love Pleky but the Habs will have a hard time winning in the playoffs with him at this stage of his career.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I would take Iginla on this team in a second.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Iginla? You want the team to get older, slower and worse? Plus RW is not a need.

If the asking price on Duchene includes Sergachev, I'd look elsewhere. Buying low on RNH might be worth it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm not sure why people are adamantly opposed to Sergachev for Duchene.

Sergachev, if traded 1on1 for a veteran, will necessarily have greater potential than whoever he's traded for.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm not sure why people are adamantly opposed to Sergachev for Duchene.

Sergachev, if traded 1on1 for a veteran, will necessarily have greater potential than whoever he's traded for.

I highly doubt it would be 1 for 1. After all, he's just a prospect and Duchene is a 30 goal centre.

The issue is there is currently a need for a Top 4 defenceman and Markov is probably retiring or not coming back. Sergachev will be a cheap NHL defenceman next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad