Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think a blockbuster trade will happen mid season.
I don't think Barginbin will give up Sergachev.

What do you think of these trade proposals?
I'll give Arizona Sven Andrighetto and 3rd round pick for Martin Hanzal.
I'll give Calgary a 5th round pick for Denis Wideman.

I'll then ship Tomas Plekanec, Jacob de la Rose, Noah Juulsen and 2nd round pick to NJ for Adam Henrique, Kyle Quincy and Jonathan Quinneville.

Hanzal Wideman Quincy are all UFAs so we don't get stuck with bad contracts. All are veterans. We free up Plekanec bad contract. Add Henrique who's a fast two way player can play all three forward positions. Quinneville the kid is NHL ready.probably a 3rd.liner.
Wideman is a powerplay guy in case Markov goes down. Quincy is a solid 5th demand at this stage.

Byron Galchenyuk Radulov
Pacioretty Henrique Gallagher
Danault Hanzal Shaw
Lehkonen Mitchell Flynn
Carr

Emelin Weber
Markov Petry
Beaulieu Wideman
Quincy Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
unload the dead wood

drain the swamp

swing la bacaisse dans le fond de la boîte à bois

ect ect

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I don't see this team being one that competes for the cup, with this core, and trading 2nds/roster pieces won't net us the assets to get to that level as it is. We've consistently lost games to the league's elite this year: 2x (lopsided) to SJS, once to Chicago, Anaheim, the Blues, the Wild, 2x to CBJ who are obviously a very strong team, NYE loss to the Pens (obviously we manhandled them early in the season). And with the expansion draft looming, and the above in mind, I don't see us being able to afford the pieces (Duchene, Landeskog, Fowler, etc) to get to the next level. That's neither a surprise, nor a complaint, it's just my opinion that this is not an elite team in the NHL this season.

SO: would much rather build up a prospect pool that is becoming increasingly depleted, or at least try to. Particularly given that our scouting dept has consistently been able to find gems in the 2nd+ region. Rather than hemorrhage assets in pursuit of a championship with a non-championship roster, I'd like to see us try to find a couple gems in the 2nd this summer. There is more parity this year between the ~15th-60th picks than we have seen of late as well. So as someone who primarily follows jr hockey above the NHL, I'd like to see management: a) identify that, and, b) act on it

Why do you say that because of the expansion draft looming we cant afford a Duchene!?! I dont get it!?!

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
By the time Sergachev develops, the Leafs will be a powerhouse and our core players will be on the decline, there's hardly anything else in the pipeline that would suggest they could replace our current core players. We need to go all in this year and the next, Sergachev is our best trade asset, we need to parlay last season's failure to acquire immediate help.

Not necessarily true. Look at a guy like Werenski on the Jackets and how much he's made that team better being their #1 at 19 years old. Sergachev was thought as being one of the most NHL prospect of this draft, nothing suggests he can't make it for good in the habs lineup as soon as next season.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Pacioretty-Duchene-Gallagher.
Byron-Galchenyuk-Radulov.
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw.
Flynn-McCarron-Mitchell.
Markov-Weber.
Beaulieu-Petry.
Barbario-Pateryn.
Price.
Montoya.

The habs can still get a top 6 C and keep Sergachev. I think it's dumb to assume Montreal won't be good in 3-5 years. Unless we trade anyone, the core would be Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Shaw, Scherbak, Lehkonen, McCarron, Weber, Beaulieu, Petry, Juulsen, Lindgren, and McNivon. I'm not including Pacioretty, Radulov, Price because they'll be UFAs in the next 1-3 years. That's still a pretty good core that could make the playoffs. Although taking the conservative route would be fine, trading Scherbak, Juulsen, Plekanec/Emelin, 2nd, 1st (conditional) would get the job done for Duchene. The Aves aren't winning anytime soon. They need to build around their best player, which is obviously MacKinnon. Duchene will be a UFA in 2.5 years at $6 M so Colorado could eat a bad contract. The Aves aren't going to be looking for players in their prime right now. They're looking for players around MacKinnon's age and with Jost in the system, all the signs point to Duchene leaving. Montreal's the best trade partner. The habs should be willing to sweeten the deal though to avoid dealing Sergachev.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I really, really hope we acquire a great 2C (someone like Duchene/RNH) and a good D-man (since it's not right that we've been losing most games to other top/contending teams - must be a defense problem) before the trade deadline. We have a very good core otherwise. Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Radulov, Weber, etc.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Also, do you think Fowler could be had (without ruining our core)? He hasn't score a single point in his last 6 games - also Anaheim still has that problem (too many D-men to protect).

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Different GMs.

That's why I said same TEAM and not same GM.

MacLellan was the AGM under and was mentored by McPhee so it's no wonder he can still make a trade like his old mentor.

Also, do you think Fowler could be had (without ruining our core)? He hasn't score a single point in his last 6 games - also Anaheim still has that problem (too many D-men to protect).

If Depres didn't go down on the IR Fowler could and would likely have been traded. Now, I don't think he's going anywhere to be honest. He's too valuable and they don't need to trade him anymore.

Maybe if he continues to slide and they don't have high playoff hopes they might trade him at the deadline but I think it's less likely now.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
After watching last night's game, I realize that Ribeiro has a lot of baggage (and so did Semin, PAP, Radulov & Kassian) and a lot of history (good and bad) with this franchise, but I think he would be a great fit for us. He's still productive at his age, knows Therrien and he's an excellent playmaker. If we could get him for DD, a prospect like Bourque and either our 2nd or our 3rd, I think it'd be a very good trade for us.

Another guy I would target would be Gunnarsson who plays a very reliable game and would probably be cheap to acquire.

Pacioretty - Ribeiro - Gallagher
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - McCarron
Carr/Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Gunnarsson
Pateryn

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
After watching last night's game, I realize that Ribeiro has a lot of baggage (and so did Semin, PAP, Radulov & Kassian) and a lot of history (good and bad) with this franchise, but I think he would be a great fit for us. He's still productive at his age, knows Therrien and he's an excellent playmaker. If we could get him for DD, a prospect like Bourque and either our 2nd or our 3rd, I think it'd be a very good trade for us.

Another guy I would target would be Gunnarsson who plays a very reliable game and would probably be cheap to acquire.

Pacioretty - Ribeiro - Gallagher
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - McCarron
Carr/Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Gunnarsson
Pateryn

Why anyone would want Ribeiro is beyond me. Do not want in the worst way.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Big body, good skating, good shot. He passes the eye test for a lot of scouts. The fact that he has no hockey IQ was somehow not detected by the Caps' scouts.

I recall stating on these very boards for the past few years that Eller has next to zero offensive instincts.
I could have saved the Caps the trouble.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
By the time Sergachev develops, the Leafs will be a powerhouse and our core players will be on the decline, there's hardly anything else in the pipeline that would suggest they could replace our current core players. We need to go all in this year and the next, Sergachev is our best trade asset, we need to parlay last season's failure to acquire immediate help.

Your trying to justify trading Sergachev in a desperate type of trade and I do not agree. Sergachev will be in the NHL next season. He may not be an impact player right away but in 2 or 3 seasons he will be in the top 4D mix for sure (if not top 2D!). What core players are you referring to be in decline? I'm assuming your talking about Markov, Pleky, Emelin, and possibly DD? Those are the only guys that are projected to be gone in 2 or 3 seasons from now. Markov/Emelin being the only true big loses.

Current age of the Habs core moving forward is below. Add 3 years to any of these guys and they are all either still very young, or below the mid 30's threshold of where the decline starts to happen for most players. Window to win is not 2 years people. It's more like around 5 years! Said it before but Price of course needs to be resigned to an 8 year contract. If he wants to leave, then the whole game plan changes entirely (lets hope he wants to stay).

Price (29), Lindgren (23), Fucale (21), MacMillan (24)

Weber (31), Petry (29), Beaulieu (24), Sergachev (18), Juulsen (19)

Galchenyuk (22), Radulov (30), Pacioretty (28), Gallagher (24), Danault (23), Shaw (25), Lehkonen (21), McCarron (21), Byron (27), Scherbak (21)

Look at that roster in 2 or 3 years and the depth is there and well balanced. The really only biggest hole is that 2nd line center. MB should be able to address this but he doesn't need to make a desperate trade today. I'm ok with trading Sergachev in a package deal but you better get a good young 2nd line center that is under team control coming the other way! Taking Sergachev away from the D moving forward, leaves another big hole on D!

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I am against trading Sergachev generally, obviously there are players you would trade him for, ie: Draisatyl.

I don't love the idea of moving him for Duchene tbh. I would do a package including Juulsen + + + , but Serg should really be our big building block for the future of our defence.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why anyone would want Ribeiro is beyond me. Do not want in the worst way.

Agree. Habs already have that dynamic top line center. We need a all around type guy with some offense as the 2nd line center that has size and can skate. Someone that won't be pushed around the way Pleky and DD have been. Ribeiro is pretty much the same as Pleky and DD.

Galchenyuk finally is the #1C. It took longer than some have hoped but he is there today. Lets hope when he comes back, he's 100% healthy. The next part of the puzzle is to find an upgrade over Pleky at 2C.

Last edited:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Agree. Habs already have that dynamic top line center. We need a all around type guy with some offense as the 2nd line center that has size and can skate. Someone that won't be pushed around the way Pleky and DD have been. Ribeiro is pretty much the same as Pleky and DD.

Galchenyuk finally is the #1C. It took longer than some have hoped but he is there today. Lets hope when he comes back, he's 100% healthy. The next part of the puzzle is to find an upgrade over Pleky at 2C.

Hanzal is a perfect fit, and he won't cost us a Sergachev. The only worry is his ability to stay healthy but we can always put conditions into the deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hanzal is a perfect fit, and he won't cost us a Sergachev. The only worry is his ability to stay healthy but we can always put conditions into the deal.

Hanzal would be a good move at the trade deadline but the pending UFA's at center this year is not good. Hanzal being the top guy that is likely available? This means your going to overpay because of "supply and demand"

Hanzal is injury prone and not sure you want to send a 1st round pick for this guy. I suspect it will take 2nd round pick and mid tier prospect to get him at the very minimum. I rather put McCarron or Danault at 2C before I overpay to get Hanzal.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't like Ribeiro at all but we are a better team with him in the lineup. If Weber approves like he did for Rad, who cares?

Sorry but couldn't disagree more.

He's a floater, doesn't play hard and doesn't do anything that's expected of the players on our team and he has a ton of baggage and a chip on his shoulder when it comes to the Habs. Out of all the options out there for us, he's the very bottom of the barrel imo.

Didn't like him when he was here and he's even worse now that he's washed up.

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I don't think a blockbuster trade will happen mid season.
I don't think Barginbin will give up Sergachev.

What do you think of these trade proposals?
I'll give Arizona Sven Andrighetto and 3rd round pick for Martin Hanzal.
I'll give Calgary a 5th round pick for Denis Wideman.

I'll then ship Tomas Plekanec, Jacob de la Rose, Noah Juulsen and 2nd round pick to NJ for Adam Henrique, Kyle Quincy and Jonathan Quinneville.

Hanzal Wideman Quincy are all UFAs so we don't get stuck with bad contracts. All are veterans. We free up Plekanec bad contract. Add Henrique who's a fast two way player can play all three forward positions. Quinneville the kid is NHL ready.probably a 3rd.liner.
Wideman is a powerplay guy in case Markov goes down. Quincy is a solid 5th demand at this stage.

Byron Galchenyuk Radulov
Pacioretty Henrique Gallagher
Danault Hanzal Shaw
Lehkonen Mitchell Flynn
Carr

Emelin Weber
Markov Petry
Beaulieu Wideman
Quincy Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Why would NJ do that trade? Wideman will net a 2nd rounder at least. You don't get a good 2-way center for a waiver player and a 3rd. You complain about Bergevin but come up with unlogical trades

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Most likely, the two second rounders won't amount to as much as Lars Eller.

Remember, we have TT as head scout and MB as GM. I say one of those 2nd rounders becomes a NHL'er! It's likely going to be a 50-60 range pick and will help either replenish the list of prospects and/or help add to a package deal to acquire a team need!

Trading the hard hands of Eller and acquiring Shaw who is younger, more versatile (can play LW, C, RW), and harder to play against, was a brilliant move by MB IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad