Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Watching the World Juniors has made me a little jealous of the teams with a lot of prospects playing. I know we will need to deal for something and likely will need to include a pick or 2, but I would be hesitant to deal the farm.

Of our 2nd rounders, I would include 1 from 2018 in a trade deadline acquisition, with a B prospect for a Vanek (type) pickup.

We still need a bigger move I think. I just want to make sure we get some prospects in the pipeline.

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Who's a good LHD that we can acquire for cheap? I'm thinking of Michael del zotto. Anyone else?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Watching the World Juniors has made me a little jealous of the teams with a lot of prospects playing. I know we will need to deal for something and likely will need to include a pick or 2, but I would be hesitant to deal the farm.

Of our 2nd rounders, I would include 1 from 2018 in a trade deadline acquisition, with a B prospect for a Vanek (type) pickup.

We still need a bigger move I think. I just want to make sure we get some prospects in the pipeline.

agreed, would be nice to have a solid scoring forward to watch , and wait for.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
instead of going all in for a duchene shall we try another Danault like trade to get another young skater ??

That was Habs being sellers at the deadline though. Weise was a hot commodity at the time.

Unless you want to move a roster player for a young skater when Habs are making a push I don't see it happening. Habs will need depth in case of more injuries.

I expect another bottom six forward acquisition and a defenseman.

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Gunnarsson/Bouwmeester/Hickey could be potential targets.

The only rental on the Blues that would got in in Montreal is Shattenkirk but there's no reason why the Blues would trade him. They're going for a cup run.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The only rental on the Blues that would got in in Montreal is Shattenkirk but there's no reason why the Blues would trade him. They're going for a cup run.

I didn't specify Shattenkirk for a very good reason, he wouldn't be cheap to acquire and he's a RHD. Bouwmeester/Gunnarsson are not their highest priority on their depth chart and one of them will be lost in the expansion. The Blues have a few prospects knocking at the door like Dunn, Schmaltz and Lindbohm playing in the AHL. Gunnarsson could probably be had for a 4th round pick. Bouwmeester probably a 3rd + decent prospect like Audette.

David25

Nov 22, 2016
I didn't specify Shattenkirk for a very good reason, he wouldn't be cheap to acquire and he's a RHD. Bouwmeester/Gunnarsson are not their highest priority on their depth chart and one of them will be lost in the expansion. The Blues have a few prospects knocking at the door like Dunn, Schmaltz and Lindbohm playing in the AHL. Gunnarsson could probably be had for a 4th round pick. Bouwmeester probably a 3rd + decent prospect like Audette.

I would take bouwmeester in my team any day

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site

I am not surprised we only have two since we dealt so many 2nd rounders away. Some teams have more prospects but when it's from a team like Latvia, is it really interesting? Same thing with Tampa Bay, 5 players for Canada but all future 3rd or 4th liners.

Jul 6, 2016
I would take bouwmeester in my team any day

Would be a good complement to Weber. But St-Louis are also a contending theam, and Markov, Emelin and Beaulieu are more than capable LHD.

Our need is in the top six...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Duchene to the Habs makes a lot of sense depending who we send back. Prepare to lose a valuable youngster and high pick(s) for sure. They'd have to take back some salary which would only make us have to send them more assets.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Why would we trade Gallagher? Seriously, can someone explain to me why a team like Montreal would trade away a guy like Gallagher? I'd really like to know the reasoning.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
There is no way in hell I trade Sergachev in a deal involving Duchene.

1) Markov has maybe one or two years left maximum, Sergachev was drafted to replace the General. The team evaluated that the hole on defense once Markov is gone is more important than picking a potential top six center, otherwise they would have picked Jost or Brown instead of Sergachev.

2) Sure we have a huge hole down the middle but we also happen to have Chucky who IMO will be a better play than Duchene. Duchene is a 1A/1B and not a legitimate number one center. That's without even mentioning the additional assets people are putting in these proposals. The only centers (that are realistic targets) I'd trade Sergachev straight up or in a package for are: Tavares, Couture, Draisatl, Pavelski, Bergeron, Malkin.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Why would we trade Gallagher? Seriously, can someone explain to me why a team like Montreal would trade away a guy like Gallagher? I'd really like to know the reasoning.

Because this is a downyear for him and people think he's already past his prime :laugh:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Hum, because he's a honest player, but not a star who is easily tradable for an upgrade.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I would love to get Seidenberg for a 2nd 2018 to help our defence.

Emelin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Seidenberg

Extra: Pateryn

Last edited:

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Would be a good complement to Weber. But St-Louis are also a contending theam, and Markov, Emelin and Beaulieu are more than capable LHD.

Our need is in the top six...

But you still need that fast puck moving LHD to play with Shea Weber

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Shaw fill a similar role and we need more top 6 players (especially a top center)

A similar role is rather vague. You could say Troy Brouwer fills a similar role to Wayne Simmonds, doesn't mean they're equal as players. Shaw is an inferior Gallagher, that's a fact. People were all up in arms when the contract was announced and facepalmed at the fact that Shaw was now making more money than Gallagher, are we supposed to forget about that because Gallagher has had a semi-rough year? (still on pace for 40 pts which is hardly terrible considering what he brings to the table)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

If you wanna get something valuable
You have to give something just as good.

Won't get a player like Duchesne for a pack of overrated spare parts.
There's no other position we can "afford" to lose one top 6 player.
With Radulov and Shaw (If Radu resign), then Gallagher might become the "sacrifice" that the GM must make in order to fix our top 6 center problem.

A 2nd RW problem is much easier to fix.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->